Dressing better

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Yall got me going in stores I would always pass by in the mall and normally wouldn't twice of
laugh.gif

I felt the same way when I went to the mall the other day after looking in this thread
laugh.gif

can't front i felt this way when i first seen this thread... alot of thoughts going thru my mind like..

when are you going 2 stop buying sneakers.. LOL

Did anyone else order from Shoes.com when they had their free shipping and 20% off?

I ordered some desert boots last saturday and i still haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet...

I emailed them asking what my status was and they just said

"We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred; however, your order does not have a tracking number assigned to it. An email will bedispatched once this information has become available. Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery, via UPS"

anyone ever order from shoes.com?

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

BTW, does any1 have a online discount code for ALDO's?...

i want some shoes.. but them joints are 90$ i need em.. let me know thanks guys...
try these;

10% off - STUDADV817002
or
free shipping - VIPOFFER

Originally Posted by Derrtay

Did anyone else order from Shoes.com when they had their free shipping and 20% off?

I ordered some desert boots last saturday and i still haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet...

"We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred; however, your order does not have a tracking number assigned to it. An email will be dispatched once this information has become available. Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery, via UPS"

I ordered from zappos and shoes.com the same day. I actually put the order through for shoes about 2 hrs before zappos. Yet, the shoes from zapposarrived today while the ones from shoes.com are not expected to arrive until the 25th.

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

anyone have advice for fat people. honestly besides losing weight? i just wanna dress a nice casual help me out
Come on, fam...get your discipline game up. The outcome will be very rewarding when you buy clothes in smaller sizes, trust me.

If you don't want to do that, I'd suggest just getting clothes that fit you comfortably so no buying pants 2 sizes down and letting the love handleshang out. Or slim fitting pants so your thighs stretch out grotesquely when you sit down. Fitted shirts would probably be out of the question too.

Banana Republic is officially now my favorite store. You can always find great deals on the on sale racks and the quality is damn nice for their prices. Iwent to Macy's this morning since it's the start of their one day sale, today was preview day, and even the fitted dress shirts I tried on were stilltoo big for me. I stopped by Banana Republic and tried on the same size of dress shirts, 14-14.5 32/33, in their fitted line and it was right on the money. Ialso tried on their t shirts and they fit my body really well.

I also must note that Express has really gone down in the last year. I haven't gone in the store in the last 6-7 months until yesterday and today. Theclean cut clothes is pretty much out numbered by the wrinkled, used style similar to American Eagle Outfitters. And I don't think there was a pair ofjeans in the whole store that wasn't massively ripped up or distressed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Derrtay

"We apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred; however, your order does not have a tracking number assigned to it. An email will be dispatched once this information has become available. Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery, via UPS"

Shoes.com is legit. I've bought from them before. They just had a huge sale so it might take a while before they process the order, butit'll come dude.

Aside from hiding your fat in a suite, there really isn't anything i can think of. Losing weight is your best bet

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Yall got me going in stores I would always pass by in the mall and normally wouldn't twice of
laugh.gif

I felt the same way when I went to the mall the other day after looking in this thread
laugh.gif

can't front i felt this way when i first seen this thread... alot of thoughts going thru my mind like..

when are you going 2 stop buying sneakers.. LOL
i still wear sneakers but i alternate with dress shoes

like to be versatile with the style
pimp.gif

btw, does anyone have a student discount code for armani exchange (or any other store for that matter)

axstudent no longer works for me....so no 15-20% off for me right now
laugh.gif

student discount advantage code anyone?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by instant klassic

anyone have advice for fat people. honestly besides losing weight? i just wanna dress a nice casual help me out
They don't make cool clothes for fat people.
Originally Posted by c0neV3rgE

Aside from hiding your fat in a suite, there really isn't anything i can think of. Losing weight is your best bet

hey guys, i know this thread isn't about "posting better" but that's really sad that you lack the ability to politely offer advice tosomebody who is asking for it. there has been a lot of encouragement and advice in this thread, and attitudes like that won't help anybody dress better.

for folks that feel "fat" my best advice is to find clothes that you feel "comfortable" in. i'll reccommend a lot of big&talloutlet stores because they offer clothes of so many different fits and sizes and you can spend a lot of time trying on many different sizes. they have plentyof stock. if you feel good about what you're wearing, you'll look better.

im fat... and i learned NOT to wear shirts with stripes going sideways.. it makes you look wider... if you wanna wear polo's just go for the solidcolors...

Originally Posted by villansfinest

hey guys, i know this thread isn't about "posting better" but that's really sad that you lack the ability to politely offer advice to somebody who is asking for it. there has been a lot of encouragement and advice in this thread, and attitudes like that won't help anybody dress better.

for folks that feel "fat" my best advice is to find clothes that you feel "comfortable" in. i'll reccommend a lot of big&tall outlet stores because they offer clothes of so many different fits and sizes and you can spend a lot of time trying on many different sizes. they have plenty of stock. if you feel good about what you're wearing, you'll look better.
More than ever, fit is key. Avoid slim cuts like the plague, but don't go with anything too baggy either - that will just make you lookbigger. Depending on how big you are, I might even suggest body shapers (try under armour or other sports compression gear if you're not comfortable withbuying that kind of stuff in-store). Stay away from big patters, they'll bulk you up; same for bulky fabrics. Vertical lines and slightly longer pantswill elongate you. Don't cuff your dress pants (or any other pants if you can avoid it).

For the guy asking about clothing for bigger folk, there are plenty of brands out there that still cater to those looking for a "full-fitting"garment. Most of them were not aimed specifically at fat people, but these days, with most mean wearing slimmer clothes, the full fitting stuff just sits or isdedicated to the older consumer. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, or how big you are, but just about every designer or brand that I knowof makes XXL's, at least.

For instance, Burberry makes a REALLY big fitting polo, and I believe it goes up to 3XL. Same with Ralph Lauren and Lacoste - that's just for polo-styledshirts.

For jeans, depending on what brand/designer your looking for, you can probably find something, too. I know most trendy jean companies (TR, Seven, etc) only goup to 38 or 40. However, Armani, Burberry, and tons of others make very full-fitting jeans that go into the 40s.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but if you can afford it, go to a high end department store (where the employees might actually know something about whatthey have) and just tell them that you're looking for modern-styled clothes with a fit that can still flatter you. If you don't want to spend a lot ofmoney, just go out to stores that look like they have what you want, and try stuff on until you find something. Since your main issue is fit, it's hard togive much advice over a message board, really.

Good luck with it - hope this helped a little.

A little advice for our heavier than average NTers. First of all, let me say that losing weight is the best advice and with that out of the way, here'ssome advice.

Black and dark color clothes are your best friend. The darker clothes are actually very slimming. The clothes has to give a more slender and taller look so tryout some vertical stripes (no horizontal as mentioned before), whether on a polo or sport shirt. Try to make it as fitted as possible, the baggier it is thebigger the person will look. For a sport/dress shirt, do not get one with slim or small collars. Bigger guys need proportion. Tuck in your sport shirts ifpossible, it should give a slightly slimmer look. Wear a fitted jacket and keeping it closed will help a bit, but no need to be embarrassed about your weightreally but it is one advice.

The same goes with pants, try to get a fitted (not skin tight) pants and I would go against cuffs in this case. It is important to get those pants tapered,believe me. It may not seem like it will make any difference but not having a bootcut or bell bottom pants will help make the person look a lot slimmer andtaller. No high water pants either, it will make a heavy person look a lot shorter than they really are. No belts if possible, it is a break in the outfit thatmay make a person look shorter and wider.

Most mall brands are actually made for fuller guys, thats why they are so boxy and big most of the time so it is easier to find one that fit. Just asiggestion, when trying on clothes, try on one size below the usual and give it a try. Like if your usuall an XL, try on the L and see how it looks. You mightbe surprised at how much better it looks.

So if you really think about it, the same advice applies to bigger people too, with just a few exceptions.

Eluxury.com, Bluebee.com and Barneys.com sells BoO. I also heard BoO will have an official website/e-store within this year.

Originally Posted by villansfinest

hey guys, i know this thread isn't about "posting better" but that's really sad that you lack the ability to politely offer advice to somebody who is asking for it. there has been a lot of encouragement and advice in this thread, and attitudes like that won't help anybody dress better.

for folks that feel "fat" my best advice is to find clothes that you feel "comfortable" in. i'll reccommend a lot of big&tall outlet stores because they offer clothes of so many different fits and sizes and you can spend a lot of time trying on many different sizes. they have plenty of stock. if you feel good about what you're wearing, you'll look better.
laugh.gif
it was serious advice relax e-knight.

ol' WE DID IT BROOKLYN suit wearin' +#%#@...

dd-biggie15_ph_0495915734.jpg

i dont see wat the problem is im 6'4 and 235(slowly losing it
pimp.gif
)

i dont have a problem finding stuff that fit as far as shirts and stuff(now that im looking
laugh.gif
)

but i def need help with finding good jeans that fit(havent found a place that goes above 38
ohwell.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom