Originally Posted by Beast4ya

man thanks to this thread all I wear now is

-V necks
-BDG t-shirts
-straight fit levis
-cardigans
-Sperrys
-& some Ralph Lauren Polos

im trying to figure out how i can fit my Jordans and some of my dunks into my outfits with out looking tacky....if thats even humanly possible.
EDIT- Oh and one more thing.....i had to get a custom made suit (im 6'9) from a guy that makes suits for NBA players....and my jacket/ blazer or w/e is OD long. He says its the style, but I'd rather take you guys word for it....is this true?
-About Jordans/Dunks. Some will be a lot easier to rock with nicer outfits than others. I could see someone pulling off the Jordan I's or some relatively plain Dunks, but not sure how you would rock something like the Jordans with the hole on the side or the ones with the basket weave on top. Also, if you do wear sneakers, my rule is to make sure the rest of your outfit is simple. I.e., black/red Jordans with a plain black t and jeans, instead of a black/red shirt that matches perfectly. 
- What nii said. But this brings up a really frustrating thing about tailors. They often force their opinions on you, and put you in a position in which you don't want to just totally disagree with them since they're making your suit/shirt, but you don't want to pay for something you don't like. What I've learned is that if a tailor is pushy, or insists that something would be "too tight" even if you still think it's too baggy, just walk out and find another tailor. 

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

im trying to figure out how i can fit my Jordans and some of my dunks into my outfits with out looking tacky....if thats even humanly possible.
yea i dont like any of the shoes posted in here either lol
dunks i think you should be able too, not any bright *#+ colors though. Don't know about J's

that tweed blazer will never fit correctly no matter how much you alter it.. if it doesn't fit in the shoulders/chest (which yours doesn't appear to) it will never fit right.. you should deff down size and then alter. pants need to be hemmed with little to no break.. colors look good though but like someone said thats more of a fall/winter look

Originally Posted by got shoes

dunks i think you should be able too, not any bright *#+ colors though. Don't know about J's

i dont blame u at all i love wearing my sneakers without the usual t-shirts.. i think the Jordan 1s are the best for any wear because of the silhouette of the shoe.. also the jordan xi and the jordan III are probably also pretty good in that category... dont forget nike blazers.. especially the supreme edition.. ive seen those pulled off very nicely with peacoats, ties and that other stuff. 

thanks for all the help guys. the shoes, jacket, and pants were all from a thrift store so I wasnt expecting them to fit perfectly. i paid like $17 total. 
laugh.gif
I ended up hemming the pants myself and changed the jacket for a sweater. I guess i'll try and get the jacket altered a bit after summers over.

-V necks
-BDG t-shirts
-straight fit levis
-cardigans
-Sperrys

EDIT- Oh and one more thing.....i had to get a custom made suit (im 6'9) from a guy that makes suits for NBA players....and my jacket/ blazer or w/e is OD long. He says its the style, but I'd rather take you guys word for it....is this true?
What are BDG shirts?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Any stores have a good sale this weekend? I need to cop a watch, dress shoes, and slacks

Ben Sherman had 30% off today. Probably doesn't help much at 1:11 am though. I'm sure just about everybody is having a Memorial Day sale though. Too bad I'm out here like Ice Cube in Friday...........broke as a joke. I need to break out my CC tomorrow to get some pants from Zara and take a peek in Barneys.

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

Originally Posted by got shoes

i dont blame u at all i love wearing my sneakers without the usual t-shirts.. i think the Jordan 1s are the best for any wear because of the silhouette of the shoe.. also the jordan xi and the jordan III are probably also pretty good in that category... dont forget nike blazers.. especially the supreme edition.. ive seen those pulled off very nicely with peacoats, ties and that other stuff. 
yea i dont have any 1's but i see what you're saying 
i have

-boba fetts

-venoms

-solar orange blazer

-batmans

-720's

-green pea 5's

-black/red 15's

-white/red 12's

*i usually do just throw these on with simple shirts but those green peas are OD hard to match

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

-V necks
-BDG t-shirts
-straight fit levis
-cardigans
-Sperrys

What are BDG shirts?

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...rue&navCount=119&pushId=M_TOPS&id=M_APP_POLOS
most of these are BDG

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Hey guys, can I get some opinions on this fit. Its a tweed jacket and a black tie and brown shoes and grey slacks. I'm not sure if I should wear the white button up or blue.

5v26gh.jpg

rctxcw.jpg

Its actually not a bad fit. Tweed is more fall/winter. Just get the pants and jacket tailored to fit your body. I would switch the tie though, look is a little muted.

I would say rock a white shirt and choose a diff tie. The shoes are
pimp.gif

so this jacket most likely doesnt belong in this thread.. But i figure RFX/Nii would be the people to ask these (probably stupid) questions to lol..

Anyone know where i can design iron on/sew on patches to replace the stupid logo/emblem that came on this one vwith?

now for the stupid question.. Is there anyway a tailor/anyone could change the blue stripes to something different?

thx in advance..

jacket1z.jpg

jacket2b.jpg

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Any stores have a good sale this weekend? I need to cop a watch, dress shoes, and slacks

From time to time Banana Republic has great sales on slacks. On more than one occasion BR has had 150 dollar slacks for 30 dollars.

Originally Posted by andy206

^is it me or does Banana's slacks fit really ugly? they're always ridiculously wide

IMO it depends on the style/cut you get. If I feel froggy I will take pics of some BR pants I have bought.

Originally Posted by andy206

^is it me or does Banana's slacks fit really ugly? they're always ridiculously wide

agreed.  the slimmest they have (if available) is the Monogram line.  GAP shirts/pants are slimmer from what I've found.

-V necks
-BDG t-shirts
-straight fit levis
-cardigans
-Sperrys

Sneakers are fine.  I don't know why a lot of you guys think you can't wear sneakers with nice casual clothes.  Don't let GQ or Details brainwash you thinking everyday is a formal fashion show.  As long as your sneakers coordinate with your clothes and i'm not talking about matching every color exactly.

Originally Posted by shogun

-V necks
-BDG t-shirts
-straight fit levis
-cardigans
-Sperrys

Sneakers are fine.  I don't know why a lot of you guys think you can't wear sneakers with nice casual clothes.  Don't let GQ or Details brainwash you thinking everyday is a formal fashion show.  As long as your sneakers coordinate with your clothes and i'm not talking about matching every color exactly.
the 1's, 3's and 4's are the best shoes to wear casually with a v-neck and jeans IMO thats what i usually wear although i have a lot of jays i also wear but the 3's and 4's go best with more stuff
because there not too basketball shoe looking

6'9 ! wow your very tall

Originally Posted by shogun

-V necks
-BDG t-shirts
-straight fit levis
-cardigans
-Sperrys

Jordans 1-7 and 11s should look fine if you dressing casually, all the other ones might throw it off

IMO, There are some sneaks that can still be rocked without it being tacky. But only a select few. Simple colorways are a must.

Its hard to wear sneakers without looking like a high schooler, but there are ways to get it done.

Originally Posted by AMafia

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Hey guys, can I get some opinions on this fit. Its a tweed jacket and a black tie and brown shoes and grey slacks. I'm not sure if I should wear the white button up or blue.

5v26gh.jpg

rctxcw.jpg

Its actually not a bad fit. Tweed is more fall/winter. Just get the pants and jacket tailored to fit your body. I would switch the tie though, look is a little muted.

I would say rock a white shirt and choose a diff tie. The shoes are
pimp.gif

I'll never understand why people button the bottom on suits or sports coats and the left sleeve is too short.

Back
Top Bottom