Dressing better

For strictly casual occasion, those pants can substitute for khakis. Gives a real workwear look, would look great with boots.
However, if you are trying to pull it off as business casual, I don't think it will work.

Tweet-Detail-7-27.jpg

http://www.complex.com/bl...eet-detail-july-28-2010/

Anyone have any experiences with the brand ONETrueSaxon? I took a chance on a pair of their shoes on 6pm.com. Retail was 178, but they were on sale for around 54 dollars.

Pic:
e2725a84117ce50290b6a4f484ea3e81c74fc1c.pjpg

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Anyone have any experiences with the brand ONETrueSaxon? I took a chance on a pair of their shoes on 6pm.com. Retail was 178, but they were on sale for around 54 dollars.

Pic:
e2725a84117ce50290b6a4f484ea3e81c74fc1c.pjpg
There is a reason the price came down so much...
sick.gif

need tips/advice i have a wedding to go to next weekend
thinking about going to SYMS to buy a suit.. but i wanna impress lol.. is Syms a good place to buy suits at?
and what should i wear with the suit remember i wanna impress

Originally Posted by RFX45

For strictly casual occasion, those pants can substitute for khakis. Gives a real workwear look, would look great with boots.
However, if you are trying to pull it off as business casual, I don't think it will work.
Ok thanks, I really only wanted them for casual wear as a replacement for khakis.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'll never understand the high-water look with slacks....I love style, but that doesn't look right.

Is this based off the Kanye pic? Or the Thom Browne conversation a few pages back?
Nah....

thom_brown_1175434551.jpg

*shrugs* To each his own tho...

Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I'm looking to purchase a nice grey suit. I have an interview coming up next month and I really need one.
smh.gif
 at me for being 23 and not owning a suit. I'm trying to spend under $400 on the suit itself if possible. Since this will be the only one I have I'm looking for something versatile. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

^ you might be able to find something solid at Macy's.

I got my first suit there for like $600 i think, and it wasnt the cheapest they had. (spent like $100 on tailoring at Nordstrom though. I heard their tailors were better, but they definitely charge you for it)

$400 for a good suit is pretty hard to find unless you are good at waiting and actually what you are looking for.
My suggestion, try Zara, Club Monaco or maybe even Express (although they wouldn't be the slimmest, at least they try).

You can probably get a suit for around $200-$250 from them and spend the rest on alterations to make it fit better. 

Shortening the sleeves, taper the torso, taper and shorten the pant legs, etc... whatever needs work to get it to fit your body.

I'll never understand the high-water look with slacks....I love style, but that doesn't look right.

Is this based off the Kanye pic? Or the Thom Browne conversation a few pages back?
Nah....

thom_brown_1175434551.jpg

*shrugs* To each his own tho...
Yah, it is an acquired taste. Not everyone will get it but it looks good at times.

Again, there is a time and a place for such looks. 

i know wearing dress shoes with no socks goes with the highwater pants look but i still find it weird.  dress shoes are already uncomfortable, not wearing socks would probably add to the problem.

Originally Posted by shogun

i know wearing dress shoes with no socks goes with the highwater pants look but i still find it weird.  dress shoes are already uncomfortable, not wearing socks would probably add to the problem.

Your body just has to adapt to wearing dress shoes. It is like switching from baggy to a more fitted clothes, in the beginning it is uncomofrtable but once you get used to it, then you will be uncomfortable with the baggy clothes. 
The wearing no socks, it also takes some getting used to. I personally do not so it, but I do have loafer socks which works well for me.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I'm looking to purchase a nice grey suit. I have an interview coming up next month and I really need one.
smh.gif
 at me for being 23 and not owning a suit. I'm trying to spend under $400 on the suit itself if possible. Since this will be the only one I have I'm looking for something versatile. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Nordstrom Rack if you have one. I find the suits at Zara, Express, etc. to be way too trendy. I would wear those to a high-class party or something, but not to a job interview.

I wouldn't say Zare suits are trendy, they are modern than trendy. Zara's clothes are trendy though, not denying that but their suits are more modern than trendy. I mean slim lapels and shorter jackets are here to stay I think, I do not mean the super slim lapel though where it is almost gone or the super short length like Thom Browne either. But the slimmer silhouette and shorter suits and slimmer than traditional lapel works great these days and I do not see it going away anytime soon.

I was going to suggest Nordstrom Rack too and get some Hickey or JV suits (because those are usually the cheapest there) but they rarely go under $400, they average $450-$500 plus I wanted to suggest spending that extra money on alterations.

I wouldn't say Zare suits are trendy, they are modern than trendy. Zara's clothes are trendy though, not denying that but their suits are more modern than trendy. I mean slim lapels and shorter jackets are here to stay I think, I do not mean the super slim lapel though where it is almost gone or the super short length like Thom Browne either. But the slimmer silhouette and shorter suits and slimmer than traditional lapel works great these days and I do not see it going away anytime soon.

I was going to suggest Nordstrom Rack too and get some Hickey or JV suits (because those are usually the cheapest there) but they rarely go under $400, they average $450-$500 plus I wanted to suggest spending that extra money on alterations.
Yeah, as long as he uses discretion he could find some stuff at Zara, but a couple of the suits I tried on recently were OD short as you mentioned.

I picked up a dark grey (not charcoal, lighter) Kenneth Cole suit at Nordstrom Rack last week. It's a 2-button 3-piece that retailed for $800, and I paid $300 + $55 for alterations (sides taken in, sleeves lengthened, pants hemmed). I'm very happy with the suit overall, especially at that price point. Will post pics later.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

smh.gif
Have you tried Men's Wearhouse or Jos. A Bank?

They're always having crazy sales, and the tailoring, at least at Bank, is very reasonably priced.

Avoid Mens Wearhouse and Jos A. Banks at all cost.

Persia, I do not find Zara suits too short at all shorter than usual but not too short.
Maybe it's my height?

Here's an example, just bought this blazer from PS, this is usually the regular length in most suits and I find it a bit long.
I'll probably ask the tailor to take out an inch in length since it'll look longer once I take out 3/4" from the sleeves.
xnyws7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom