Dressing better

01. shiny suit in 2010 ... really? probably polyester blend
02. shoulders don't fit right
03. chest is too tight ... you can see it is bowing open
04. jacket is too short
05. sleeves are too long
06. pants are a little too long ... nice drape though.
07. never button your lower button ... yes, its a rule
08. lapels are too skinny
09. tie is too skinny
10. other than that it is a great fit.

Thanks Nii.

they were at $20 with no bids on ebay so i decided to scoop them up.

From those pictures i posted, what needs to be done on it? I know i need the sleeves shorten, but is there anything else? Thanks.

any sizing recommendations for GAP Selvage straight fit jeans?...any need to size down due to stretch?...thanks

niidawg3 wrote:

01. shiny suit in 2010 ... really? probably polyester blend
02. shoulders don't fit right
03. chest is too tight ... you can see it is bowing open
04. jacket is too short
05. sleeves are too long
06. pants are a little too long ... nice drape though.
07. never button your lower button ... yes, its a rule
08. lapels are too skinny
09. tie is too skinny
10. other than that it is a great fit.

I agree with everything here but how is the chest too tight? Also, i think the sleeves are too baggy for the slim look he was going for.

Did anyone see the Business Casual section from the GQ with Lebron on the cover?

There was a great before pick of how everyone in my office dresses (white under shirt showing, blousy shirt, billowy pants at the ankles, leather cell phone holder on belt) and had some good suggestions on how to fix it. I can't find the pics at GQ.com but can anyone who gets the mag scan them?

Where can I get some slim-fitting khakis ?

I bought a pair at the Gap but they're still too baggy in my opinion.

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Did anyone see the Business Casual section from the GQ with Lebron on the cover?

There was a great before pick of how everyone in my office dresses (white under shirt showing, blousy shirt, billowy pants at the ankles, leather cell phone holder on belt) and had some good suggestions on how to fix it. I can't find the pics at GQ.com but can anyone who gets the mag scan them?

Honestly I didnt even realize this was a fashion faux pas.
Is there a fix to this?

ok so i have a question/problem. I Bought this cardigan in a Large, a medium would fit better, i dont have the receipt anymore and i wore it once, i was beasting. What would be the best way to get it to fit better? taking it to a tailor or Shrinking it somehow or what? If i shrink it, how..am i supposed to do that anyway
Its 99% Cotton and 1% Nylon, if that matters..and not preshrunk cotton
12c1584a826f383c11f9a7f3f60b127e7d48378.jpg

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Honestly I didnt even realize this was a fashion faux pas.
Is there a fix to this?

V neck under shirts.

I guess I misuderstood, I know about wearing v necks so that the collar doesnt show.
I thought dude was referring to those times where you could pretty much see the whole undershirt, say when wearing a thin light colored button down.

the solution to that is to wear a gray a shirt, or light grey vneck.... for some reason, white undershirts still show under thin white dress shirts.

I strongly suggest getting the new GQ. It is amazing as to how detailed they go into dressing for work. The sizing of cardigans, pants, shoes, etc. Its almost as if they took this thread and did an article on it. The article is called 'The New Business Casual'

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

I strongly suggest getting the new GQ. It is amazing as to how detailed they go into dressing for work. The sizing of cardigans, pants, shoes, etc. Its almost as if they took this thread and did an article on it. The article is called 'The New Business Casual'

recent acquires.

zara

not sure how i feel about the collar. i wish it was a stand up collar.

uniqlo.. not sure if i want to keep this either.. comments about the fit? im not wearing it as a suit, i would wear it casually.. is a grey blazer versatile? (and excuse my unbuttoned jeans, i threw em on quick for the pic)

does it look funny with just a t-shirt underneath?

Originally Posted by big mike 13

recent acquires.

zara

uniqlo.. not sure if i want to keep this either.. comments about the fit? im not wearing it as a suit, i would wear it casually.. is a grey blazer versatile? (and excuse my unbuttoned jeans, i threw em on quick for the pic)

Prices on both those things?
I'm really feelin' the Uniqlo blazer. Very business casual and would look great for a job interview that isnt too formal.

It looks dope with the tee underneath. Keep it.

recent acquires.

zara

I'm really feelin' the Uniqlo blazer. Very business casual and would look great for a job interview that isnt too formal.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

recent acquires.

zara

I concur, both fits are dope. Also, can I get info on the jeans? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom