Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3

moleskin is like corduroy, but smoother. almost like velvet but sturdier/stronger. It is more of a fall/winter fabric, so you probably can't pull it off year round. What color are you thinking of getting? If it is the black one above i'd stay away from it. Try and get a navy or charcoal gray ... that goes with everything. Black doesnt go well with brown and some other colors, so that reduces your options.

Also remember it might need a little tailoring after you get it, so post a pic and we can offer suggestions on what needs to be done to make it fit great.

Good luck.

thanks. I'm only going to wear it for the basketball season (oct to hopefully march, not summer/spring I live in FL) I'm thinking of getting black, its the only color that comes in tall sizes. I have a hard time finding suits/coats/blazers in my size because I'm so tall and skinny. A 38L is fits fine for the chest, but doesnt work sleeve wise. A 38XL is not made, and a 40 XL is choppa status. This is relatively cheap and I think I'm gonna scoop it up now and I'll post pics when i get it.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

It's the official suit up day
pimp.gif

Time to wear my only suit
laugh.gif

2guk5f5.jpg

Why do you still have the Christmas wrapping paper on your tie?

RedMan wrote:
This might sound crazy but how do you wear duck boots, with jeans tucked in or over the boot?
Depends on how tall the boot is.  I wear the calf high ducks with pants tucked. 
With mids, just depends on how I'm feeling.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by LimeGreen95s

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

Thinking about grabbing a pair of LL Bean's best..
ll+bean+duck+boot.jpg

Questioning the brown/chocolate  pair though

I got a pair 10" insulated love them I suggest cop
Heels my dude?
Thats the only reason why I woudnt buy those LL Beans. Looks a tad too feminine to me.

210914028.jpg

These also have a 6 inch heel and I'm sure you've owned a pair at some point.
Cmon son. Look how bulky and rugged the Timbs look, and the "heel" is pretty wide. Those LL Bean just look so damn feminine. Lets be serious. 
laugh.gif

They are already skinny, if they had a flat sole it would change the look completely.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by LimeGreen95s

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

Thinking about grabbing a pair of LL Bean's best..
ll+bean+duck+boot.jpg

Questioning the brown/chocolate  pair though

I got a pair 10" insulated love them I suggest cop
Heels my dude?
Thats the only reason why I woudnt buy those LL Beans. Looks a tad too feminine to me.

210914028.jpg

These also have a 6 inch heel and I'm sure you've owned a pair at some point.
Cmon son. Look how bulky and rugged the Timbs look, and the "heel" is pretty wide. Those LL Bean just look so damn feminine. Lets be serious. 
laugh.gif

They are already skinny, if they had a flat sole it would change the look completely.
Reaching much? 
grin.gif

I'd think they would look better with this style sole.
quoddy-trail-grizzly-boots_121608.jpg

I have these for this winter, might try to get a pair of Red Wings too. The ones in the middle, its brown. Too lazy to find another pic.

SeaVees-Fall-2009-Collection-00-540x360.jpg

Originally Posted by illphillip

QUESTION:

Are there any rules in regards to wearing a suit jacket as a blazer?

a blazer should typically have some substance and surface texture to it. therefore things like a ticket pocket or patch pockets makes a blazer recognizable. fabrics that have surface interest are typically tweed, flannel, corduroy, moleskin and rougher wools/cottons (obviously there are others i am leaving out, but you get the idea). 

so if you have a suit that is made of these types of fabrics and the jacket has those features, you can always wing it as a blazer. for example, i am wearing a basic blue worsted wool suit today (smooth finish, no surface interest, no patch pockets etc) ... it will make for a TERRIBLE blazer.

i hope this helps.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I might have asked before...but I'm on the verge of coppin this denim jacket...I need to know what pants to wear it with...
I already got a denim shirt which I posted here before...I wear those with chinos and it looks sharp...but the jacket is a little less formal and clean cut...

I'm very against the idea of the classic Canadian Business Suit...

I've been told you can do denim on denim as long as the top and bottom don't match...

I've seen some nice designer gray sweat pants that look like they could work...

Any of you have any good ideas on what to wear with this?

1581h06.jpg

That would be a fresh jacket if it didn't have that trash on that back.

I'd think they would look better with this style sole.
quoddy-trail-grizzly-boots_121608.jpg

I have these for this winter, might try to get a pair of Red Wings too. The ones in the middle, its brown. Too lazy to find another pic.

SeaVees-Fall-2009-Collection-00-540x360.jpg
are those seavees?

Anybody ever heard of Grind by Coffee House its a clothing brand not sure if I should pull the trigger on this outer wear they have on hautelook

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I might have asked before...but I'm on the verge of coppin this denim jacket...I need to know what pants to wear it with...
I already got a denim shirt which I posted here before...I wear those with chinos and it looks sharp...but the jacket is a little less formal and clean cut...

I'm very against the idea of the classic Canadian Business Suit...

I've been told you can do denim on denim as long as the top and bottom don't match...

I've seen some nice designer gray sweat pants that look like they could work...

Any of you have any good ideas on what to wear with this?

1581h06.jpg

juzvbn.jpg
Not a fan of this jacket but I do like Denim Jackets. I would do cords or levi's jean trousers/pants. Shoes would be Stan Smith type, or boots

I'm surprised to see so many boots with red laces... Red laces in your boots is supposed to be a neo-nazi/skin head symbol for being a killer.

Back
Top Bottom