Dressing better

Originally Posted by dukeben18

So many shirt makers offer slim fit or trim fit dress shirts but where do you all buy slim fit dress pants or trousers?

Banana Republic has a good selection of slim fitting trousers. H&M also offers a lot as well.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Just got my first pair of non sneakers in a while

shoes_ia70940.jpg

Call em my grown man shoes
laugh.gif
not sure why it looks like it's got contrast stitching in that pic..
do they match your wheelchair and helmet though?
these look like shoes food service workers would be wearing

also

manager of a chain restaurant.
I hate to be a critic when it comes to people's fashion choices but....ditch those fam.

Originally Posted by cryptikman

So many shirt makers offer slim fit or trim fit dress shirts but where do you all buy slim fit dress pants or trousers?

Banana Republic has a good selection of slim fitting trousers. H&M also offers a lot as well.

I didn't find the BR ones that slim and the H&M ones are really cheaply made...Any other options?

I didn't find the BR ones that slim and the H&M ones are really cheaply made...Any other options?
Zara.

Generaiya likes J.Crew broken-in chinos or bowery pants (cotton twill) in urban slim fit

29da1vs.jpg

21azbme.jpg

29eocvn.jpg

I'm thinking of getting my pants altered. The bottom seems to flare out more than I would like them to. If I get them altered, what do I ask for? Thanks.

Originally Posted by teatime0315

29da1vs.jpg

21azbme.jpg

29eocvn.jpg

I'm thinking of getting my pants altered. The bottom seems to flare out more than I would like them to. If I get them altered, what do I ask for? Thanks.

My jeans did that and I had them altered. I just told my tailor to slim them slightly from the calf down. It's ok to describe what you want without proper terms until you learn. Sometimes though it might me cheaper just to find pants and jeans that tapper how you like them in the beginning.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Generaiya likes J.Crew broken-in chinos or bowery pants (cotton twill) in urban slim fit

Are you sure you looked at the "slim" Banana Republic trousers? They will specifically label them "slim" and not just "classic" and "regular."  Zara is a good choice, their line is Euro cut and will usually be slimmer.

If you have the money, John Varvatos, Brooks Brothers, Band of Outsiders, Brioni, and Zegna generally makes some good slim fitting ones. Zegna is actually my favorite because they provide fabric to many of the other designers, so they will have a wider assortment of fabrics and patterns. You can also get them to custom make you some pants or a whole suit if you would like.

Are you sure you looked at the "slim" Banana Republic trousers? They will specifically label them "slim" and not just "classic" and "regular."  Zara is a good choice, their line is Euro cut and will usually be slimmer.

If you have the money, John Varvatos, Brooks Brothers, Band of Outsiders, Brioni, and Zegna generally makes some good slim fitting ones. Zegna is actually my favorite because they provide fabric to many of the other designers, so they will have a wider assortment of fabrics and patterns. You can also get them to custom make you some pants or a whole suit if you would like.

How much do all those brands run? Especially Zegna? My office is business casual so I will need a at least 5 pairs in black/charcoal/lite gray/brown/navy to mix with differnet dress shirts I have.

How much do all those brands run? Especially Zegna? My office is business casual so I will need a at least 5 pairs in black/charcoal/lite gray/brown/navy to mix with differnet dress shirts I have.

Generaiya finds Varvatos to be overpriced at retail. That is why you will often find Varvatos discounted on websites or at the end of season with their 40% friends and family deals.
Brook Brothers is a little pricier than J.Crew, but their trousers should be <$100, Generaiya believes.

Zara is a great fast fashion brand. Good slim european cuts, great pricing. However, you get what you pay for. If you would like your pants to last you for over the years, Generaiya does not recommend buying pants from Zara.

You can often find John Varvatos and Band of Outsiders discounted on websites such as Gilt, RueLaLa, ShopItToMe, etc. You can also find them discounted at sample sales. Generaiya does not advise paying retail for Varvatos or Band of Outsiders, even if money isn't an issue for you.

Ermenegildo Zegna usually start around $300 and goes up, for pants, depending on the fabric material. Sometimes they will have a sale and that is usually a good time to buy a bunch. If you are looking for slim pants, their clothing should fit you well off the rack.

thanks Luong, I havent been on here in like 2 months, how do you guys feel about the cords craze going around?...i personally love cords, just hard to find a pair of footwear that goes really good with them....so far sperrys seem to be the best choice..

Clean fits Ksteezy.

What type of jeans are those? Do they fit similar to 511's if you've had any experiences with those? I don't like the wide 514's anymroe and am looking slim down a little bit more in my jeans, but if I can find the right opening size I can just get most of my pants alterted to fit like 511's. If that makes any sense, haha.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Cronicmolemolereturns wrote:

Collar would look better tucked in on the first pic.. Buy a new pullover just all one color without the lil V in the front.

It was impossible keeping it tucked since the sweater's opening is very wide. Too wide.

That's where buttonfly collars come in at.

Broke out the Abington's today.
ob0bbl.jpg

Fresh
pimp.gif

I am 5'8' and about 130... Needless to say I have really skinny legs.. I have been wearing some Rock & Republic Henlee's for about a year or so. I need some new dark wash jeans. What type of "fit" is best for my body type?

CEO - those are JCREW vintage slim, I don't really have Levi's but the guy that helped me said they fit pretty similar to 511's...honestly these are probably the best fitting pants I've had, it could also be because over the year I've slimmed down a couple of waist sizes so at a size 32 pants just look so much better than at 34-36....they only have 3 washes in these...they run about 100$ a pop.

Back
Top Bottom