Dressing better

Originally Posted by dakidfiasco

hey guys, my friend is going to nyc and he was wondering where he could get soem nice oxford shoes for around $100, or some nice places to get nice clothes for around that price range.

tell him to save his money and snag a pair of AEs on sale at one of the online retailers ... or ebay. Many quality shoes can be had for that kind of money,

Buying Aldos for 100 bucks is like waging a 100 dollars on a blackjack table in Vegas with no idea of how to play blackjack.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Is that a stranger that walked past by you?
laugh.gif
I could only imagine what he was thinking to see you taking a pic of yourself.

roll.gif
roll.gif

y'all got jokes

naah - thats my boy ... him and his wife are also here in Vegas.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

hey guys, my friend is going to nyc and he was wondering where he could get soem nice oxford shoes for around $100, or some nice places to get nice clothes for around that price range.

tell him to save his money and snag a pair of AEs on sale at one of the online retailers ... or ebay. Many quality shoes can be had for that kind of money,

Buying Aldos for 100 bucks is like waging a 100 dollars on a blackjack table in Vegas with no idea of how to play blackjack.

s63og5.gif

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Purple... And size down my good man.... Like u said you lost weight thats a big accomplishment treat yourself to some new shirts

Im going with purple too, thanks man!

I need black oxfords fast though Nii .. where do I go?  I'm in NYC and got $150 to spend on a pair.  Century 21? 

Bad analogy, you can win in Black Jack w/o knowing how to play... you buy Aldos and you always lose.

Bad analogy, you can win in Black Jack w/o knowing how to play... you buy Aldos and you always lose.

Touche!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by akuratl02

I need black oxfords fast though Nii .. where do I go?  I'm in NYC and got $150 to spend on a pair.  Century 21? 

i think this is where most people end up buying bad items. i'd rather wear beat up shoes than rush and buy a poor pair of shoes. but if you absolutely have to do it, then i guess you have to.

if i were in your shoes i'd do one of hte following:

1. go to the outlets and try find a pair of brooks, off saks, NMLC or polos
2. check out one of the online sites (zappos, shoebuy etc), add some coupons and pay for overnight shipping.
3. visit a Macy's, Nordstrom Rack or other local chain retailers in NY and find a mid-level shoe on sale (To Boot New York, Magnanni etc)
4. wear my beat shoes and take time to find and invest in a good pair of shoes for 100-150.  

good luck man.

Just came back from Nordstroms. Was going to cop my first pair of Clarks Desert boots but they didn't have the right color/size for me.

BTW, do they normally cut up against your leg? It could be b/c I was wearing lowcut socks though .....

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Yo, any black jacket recommendations? I asked this before, but no help. Something not over a hunid. Pocket is tight now a days.

Bought an alright converse jacket at target the other day for 35, so I need some simple jacket recommendations like this jacket I suppose.

Your question is too broad. Jackets varies from varsities to windbreakers, peacoats to leather, blazers to duffles.
Then theres the seasonal category and yes, there are summer jackets no matter how of a oxymoron that may sound.
True. I'm looking for something casual and something you could wear everyday. No peacoats, no leather, no blazers, no duffles, and no windbreakers. Just a regular jacket.
something like this? Not the same design, but something simple that doesn't have eupalets or whatever you call those annoying things.
61Owsqjq2lL._SL1000_.jpg

I got something basic that fit pretty well from Banana Republic last year. Try them. 

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Purple... And size down my good man.... Like u said you lost weight thats a big accomplishment treat yourself to some new shirts
size down on the shirt, and wear DARKER pants instead....makes you look slimmer...

and purple

Yo, any black jacket recommendations? I asked this before, but no help. Something not over a hunid. Pocket is tight now a days.

Bought an alright converse jacket at target the other day for 35, so I need some simple jacket recommendations like this jacket I suppose.

same question, kind of like a casual jacket you can wear with anything, im looking for one for about the 50$ price range if possible...

Originally Posted by rhester

Sweat x Dress pant fusion?

109253049.jpg

I don't think this looks bad, looks real comfortable...

Not sure about the tuxedo stripe.  Check out Robert Geller Seconds or T by A. Wang (quality is pretty crappy though).  I prefer Robert Geller.
This fit is usually seen in a lot of Rugby campaigns/ivy league styles.  But this whole contemporary casuals have been in runway shows for a few years now.  Rag & Bone had some nice sweats with a functional zipper last Fall.  Sold out b4 i could robocop.

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by rhester

Sweat x Dress pant fusion?

109253049.jpg

I don't think this looks bad, looks real comfortable...

Not sure about the tuxedo stripe.  Check out Robert Geller Seconds or T by A. Wang (quality is pretty crappy though).  I prefer Robert Geller.
This fit is usually seen in a lot of Rugby campaigns/ivy league styles.  But this whole contemporary casuals have been in runway shows for a few years now.  Rag & Bone had some nice sweats with a functional zipper last Fall.  Sold out b4 i could robocop.

The Robert Gellers are nice and slim. Most are 2-tone though, mostly from last season. 
I like Spurrs take on sweatpants, he had them worn with blazers in the runway show.

I can't or even try to pull off the blazer and sweats look but I've done sweat with leather and it isn't that bad. It helps that the sweats doesn't really look like sweats.

RFX45 wrote:

The Robert Gellers are nice and slim. Most are 2-tone though, mostly from last season. 
I like Spurrs take on sweatpants, he had them worn with blazers in the runway show.

I can't or even try to pull off the blazer and sweats look but I've done sweat with leather and it isn't that bad. It helps that the sweats doesn't really look like sweats.

Your Spurr sweats are dope, diggin' the moto/Balmain look for sure.  Done the leather jacket/sweats gig and I agree.  Burberry Prosum had some nice military/olive sweats also for SP '11.  This is one of my favorites from BV SP'11, basically what my Spring/Summer rotation will be, light weight tees and sweat shorts.
00270m.jpg

On the fence about the mandals though.  Although we just received the new CP mandals.  Maybe a robocop when it gets warmer.  Anyone cruise the Mr. Porter site today?  Thought it would be better.

I like the tuxedo stripes because they don't really belong on sweats.
Lebron's shoes, Nike Blazer Premium. Fall 2010 release.
IMG_1360.jpg

Moving around today.
mrpzxx.jpg

via regularolty

So I'm assuming Zara doesn't have online ordering.

You have to call in the reference number?

nerd.gif
. Saw a few jackets I would like to have.

might be interested in getting a more transitional jacket...anyone see anything similiar to this??...

image1xxl.jpg

image2xxl.jpg

image3xxl.jpg

image4xxl.jpg

i love this Gant Rugger jacket but it's not practical for me to spend what it cost since i would not get that much use out of it between the summer and winter months...anything similar on the cheap??

Past few days. Keepin' it simple.

tumblr_lgr4src6Dj1qh6hgco1_500.jpg

5458054008_21224135f0.jpg

It's gettin' warm quick

tumblr_lgus0exekk1qh6hgco1_500.jpg

tumblr_lgus0exekk1qh6hgco2_500.jpg

To think, I almost sent these to the Goodwill. A little shoe polish (Vaseline) did these beaters justice.

Back
Top Bottom