Dressing better

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by tony23retro

This dude is bespoke everything.
pimp.gif

There is a difference between bespoke and MTM
What's the difference? I always figured they were basically the same

PG is not bespoke everything ... he has a lot of bespoke, but much like the wardrobe of every well dressed man (and he is by far one of the best dressed people i know) he has a good mix of bespoke, mtm and rtw/otr.
MTM is basically getting a semi-bespoke item. The house has their house style and a few changes you can make. Some things dont/cant be changed, so hopefully those things are consistent with your stylistic choices. 

With bespoke, your design is cut from scratch and you can get any and everything you want. The problem typically with bespoke is going to a tailor whose experience does not equate to your expectations. It is pricey and you will therefore have higher expectations. If the tailor cant deliver, it can be VERY frustrating. 

In my personal opinion, MTM makes no sense, especially if you already have a brand that fits you well OTR and a  great alterations tailor. I went straight from OTR to bespoke and skipped MTM. 

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Hey can anyone recommend me a good light spring leather jacket??..navy or brown, budget friendly... 350$ at the most...is it possible?

I clearly missed the word "leather" in my first response.

Try Zara.

Nii - where can I find good, long, wide spread collars on shirts similar to the one that PG is wearing. My Brooks, and Charles Tyrwhitt shirts have very short collars that I wear for more casual days without a jacket. I heard TM Lewin has longer collar points but haven't ordered from them yet.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by Drama23

how do i tie this TIE? what is the name of this? 
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Double four in hand. its a standard four in hand, but you loop the blade through twice. 
here is how to do it: http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2010/01/neapolitian-flair-double-four-in-hand.html 

That was great. Shame on me for not knowing how to tie that knot.

On the first try I tied it at normal length I use with other knots, and IMO at that length, you miss out of the "width" of the tie. Messed with it a little bit, made it longer as suggested in the clip, ended up with a great looking knot. To really get that look, the skinny end was about 3 inches longer, looks like it'll have to be tucked in to the shirt.

My four in hand knots look nothing like that. I'm probably doing it wrong because his looks a lot slimmer than mine.
Mine looks like a baby windsor knot or something

anyone else find it interesting that the new GQ had a guide on mismatching.   I guess folks are still playing by old school rules(folks are still matching???)
eyes.gif

also, their suggestions (photoshoots) are getting freakin redundant.  maybe it's because we are at the brink of spring/summer...but sheesh mix it up a little GQ!

My four in hand knots look nothing like that. I'm probably doing it wrong because his looks a lot slimmer than mine.

I see a lot of bad 4 in hands but it's a great knot. IMO it depends a lot on the tie - I have some ties that work really well and others that I have to do something different with.

The knot in that picture is perfect to me though - there's not much worse than a nice suit/shirt/tie ruined by a huge knot. Common nowadays though.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Thinking about buying some G-Star jeans off Asos. Thoughts on the jean quality and is the site trustworthy.

Im no denim expert but G-Star has never disappointed me in anything from jeans to coats.
Youll definitely be getting good quality.

I always buy from the G-Star store so I dont know how trustworthy that website is.

its a DOUBLE four in hand knot.. wrap it around twice instead of once.. just practice on getting a good knot and dimple..it will come in town.

What are some good cutaway collar/REALLY wide windsor collar dress shirts. I'm looking for the collars that are damn near horizontal
laugh.gif

like so:

51Shl-RROBL.jpg

I know Charles Tyrwhitt makes good cutaways....who else? These seem to be really popular in the NYC business community these days.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom