Dressing better

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

so everyone understands that posing your pics online gives unwritten consent for that image to be copied & posted elsewhere on the internet, right?

Ok, with that out the way, I was browsing the SF WDYWT thread, and came across this outfit that I want to just straight jack from head to toe, maybe a different scarf.

bgtt0m.jpg

Jeans are Acne Max & the jacket is Zara (I believe). Pants might be too tight for some here & even over there, but I love the fit. Hopefully they will fit me the same. I need to find these in NYC.
how much is that Zara jacket and where? Thanks.

can someone give me some quick tips on what to rock under cardigans?

H&M had a nice cheap basic grey one for 10 bucks...but I couldn't decide on anything in particular in the store to wear under it...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

H&M had a nice cheap basic grey one for 10 bucks...but I couldn't decide on anything in particular in the store to wear under it...

Watch 500 Days of Summer and you'll fall in love with cardigans.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

so everyone understands that posing your pics online gives unwritten consent for that image to be copied & posted elsewhere on the internet, right?

Ok, with that out the way, I was browsing the SF WDYWT thread, and came across this outfit that I want to just straight jack from head to toe, maybe a different scarf.

bgtt0m.jpg

Jeans are Acne Max & the jacket is Zara (I believe). Pants might be too tight for some here & even over there, but I love the fit. Hopefully they will fit me the same. I need to find these in NYC.
how much is that Zara jacket and where? Thanks.

Saw that coat at SF too, it fit quite nicely on him but looks a bit constricting on the shoulders.
Price is probably $99-$150, their coats usually go for that much.
As for where it is from, we.... ZARA. It's a store like H&M or GAP.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Cardigan is pretty versatile.  I wear short sleeve t shirts to sport shirts to dress shirts with ties.

SOCAL HEADS, urban outfitters on colorado blvd at pasadena is having a sale on skinny knit ties...$5, will post pics later when i'm not too lazy lol

Need some tips

will be finishing grad. school in a few months and need some tips on what brand of suits i should be looking to get

i went to Holts and nothing off the rack could fit me (most of the brands were European)

my specs are
Chest is 46
waist is 36
biggest problem is my arms are 20

Originally Posted by stepinitup

dy688p.jpg

My sperrys came in today
How is the fit on these shoes?  I have looked at the Grey and Blue pair, but I normally wear a 13 in about everything and every site selling them only goes up to a 12.
However, I was able to pick up these Red Wings that I had my eye on for a while.  J Crew also has a pair, but with a leather toe area and canvas upper. http://www.neimanmarcus.c...2526_requestid%253D15429

Good evening ladies & gentlemen...

Stopped by my new spot on friday, owner has a very abrasive attitude, unwelcoming more to say, I didn't bring the DSLR, just a few shots from the cell & her website http://www.gentlemensagreement.net/

Hello, I'm Sandi. Welcome to Gentlemen's Agreement.  The majority of our consigners are retirees or men who have outgrown their clothes by dieting or exercising. We are a 50-50 split for sixty days. Clothing must be in tip-top condition and of up-to-date styling. Call today to arrange an appointment, or feel free to stop by to select from our very large selection of top designer labels.
window1.JPG

sandydesk.JPG

suits3.JPG

She use to work in the Garment District and it's located in a wealthy part of town so nothing but brand name, no holes, rips or odors, but she only accepts clothes from in season, so the spring is coming in, she said to check in often.  If I had a grand to spare I would have racked up on wool pants & suits and gotten another polo wingtip, but I'm focused on Spring already.
I tried on a few Brioni & Pink shirts for $15, too baggy without the slim fit.  Also was
eek.gif
for the $100 Canali suit, jacket at a 42r, perfect fit but the pants were already tailored to maybe a 30x28, really weird, she offered the jacket for $25 I passed.
Exact Polo Wingtips in Black brand new with box for $160 in a size 10, I'll pickem up for anybody that wants em, they're the 3rd shoe in the middle row.

20100129-CIMG0259.jpg
20100129-CIMG0261.jpg

Only purchased the Oscar De La Renta 100% Wool blazer. 50% off for $30, needs the sleeves lengthen. I'm also at the thinnest I've been. Disregard the outfit, just woke up sick as a dog
sick.gif
, just threw on a shirt on for pics
IMG_6266.jpg
IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

Nordstrom Rack update
$50 Purcells & Sperrys, $12.95 shoe trees
20100129-CIMG0263.jpg
20100129-CIMG0265.jpg

20100129-IMG_6246.jpg

My pocket square collection, not feeling the Burberry one, can't remember how I got it & don't even think it's real.
picked up the bottom 2 at Century 21 $7.97, niidawg, what are some essential colors/designs to get, I'm feeling polka dots

20100129-IMG_6257.JPG

Originally Posted by cryptikman

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Great post RFX. I wearing a suit on the daily, love it at times, hate it at others.  Come the summer I would much rather rock a white tee, my APCs and some neon green air max 95s or a polo and some Jordan IIIs. If I had long money though, I would kill it in Tom Ford all day errriday.

tom-ford-fw-09-fall-2009-lookbook-4.jpg
Damn those suits are nice. I just pick up a Thierry Mugler suit and it fits great. How much do Tom Ford suits run?

off the rack usually 2500+.... custom about 4000+

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Originally Posted by wj4

Looks like J. Crew started carrying Alden stuff now.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...s/PRDOVR~18428/18428.jsp

For the guy(s) looking for an affordable red/white gingham shirt..

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...s/PRDOVR~12445/12445.jsp

Picked that one up in store myself today.  It's going to be one of my fav shirts for sure, lol.

Sorry for bumping this old reply, but how do J.Crew's ginghams typically fit. I'm a 15 1/2, 34-35.
You're probably a medium.  I'm a small, 32-33 and 14.5, I still gotta take the width and arm sleeves in a bit though.  After that, the shirt fits great.

To RFX and anyone else who owns a blazer from H&M, how's it holding up?  I saw one today that caught my eyes, but I'm kinda worried about the quality.  Thanks.  And if there's any current coupon, please post it up. 
laugh.gif

I have a black h&m blazer, button fell off after 1st wear, I only wear it on special occasions.
I'm the biggest H&M disciple, but I couldn't bring myself to purchase a $110 polyester suit, it was super-slim, maybe if I already had 3 good suits I could get it for nightlife, I heard they have some more conservative wool suits, have to hit up their nyc flagship store next weekend.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Rule of thumb: Never spend more than $50 on an article of clothing at H&M.
pretty generous.  mine is $15-20.  stuff simply isn't worth it.  i'd rather buy zara.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

IMG_6265.jpg

My pocket square collection, not feeling the Burberry one, can't remember how I got it & don't even think it's real.
picked up the bottom 2 at Century 21 $7.97, niidawg, what are some essential colors/designs to get, I'm feeling polka dots

20100129-IMG_6257.JPG

that jacket is bad-a.s.s. I like the throat latch and the elbow patches ... nice touches. in terms of pocket squares, you typically want it to complement (not match) your tie or shirt. so i'd say look at the shirts/ties you wear a lot and buy complementary colors. the ones you can never go wrong with are blue, maroon, white based designs, a white linen or white silk (goes with everything). in terms of designs, i'd always recommend symmetric ... so all polka, all geometric etc. this allows some harmony when you fold them in the pocket. stripes just look off. for the summer, some brighter colored ones to freshen things up.

i think the ones you have are a good start. i'll pick up some navy based ones. also another design is the contrast edged ones. its a hit on SF, but i just cant seem to like them.

Back
Top Bottom