Dressing better

Cquan05- You should take your loafers back and use the following promotion...

Teach For America save 30% at BR/Gap/Old Navy beginning tomorrow..

Don't know if this has promotion has been posted yet...it's good from March 18-21

BR/Gap/Old Navy

Good luck.
pimp.gif

So I finally got my 511s in the mail and I sized up to 34 from 32(514) size. I compared them to each other and the waist on the size 34 511's is actually smaller than the waist on the size 32 514's
laugh.gif
. Either way, I love how the sized up 511s fit

Originally Posted by rcdp

So I finally got my 511s in the mail and I sized up to 34 from 32(514) size. I compared them to each other and the waist on the size 34 511's is actually smaller than the waist on the size 32 514's
laugh.gif
. Either way, I love how the sized up 511s fit
good to hear another success story brother
pimp.gif

the slimmer look looks sooo much cleaner.

I have a quick question, I have some all brown Sperry topsiders although I know they're suppose to be worn bare feet but I hate wearing them with jeans that shows my ankle.  I was wondering what color and type of socks could I buy to pull them off?

Something like this is fine, excuse the fellow
laugh.gif

http://lookbook.nu/look/1...ee-Life-To-see-the-World

These are the Sperrys

10960_366_45.jpg

Trying to decide between a pair of Paul Smith Corso boots in brown or a pair of Tricker Brogue boots-- thoughts? Tricker has the reputation for great boots but I also like the slimmer silhouette of the Corsos. Also, for anyone that owns the Paul Smith Corso-- do they run small, large, or true to size? Thanks in advance guys!

is wearing black socks with boat shoes supposed to be a fashion faux pas ? i would assume that it would be fine with pants/jeans. with shorts then boat shoes would probably only look right sock less or with no show type socks.

Guys i need a little advice on what to wear, my co worker is having a party for her 21st bday. Its kinda formal, but its still a party, if you get what im saying.
I was thinking white button down, black suit vest, black slacks, black dress shoes, and purple tie. What you guys think?

I don't have much experience but I know you shouldn't wear all black especially if it isn't a wedding.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I don't have much experience but I know you shouldn't wear all black especially if it isn't a wedding.
theres a white shirt and purple tie involved
ohwell.gif

what if instead of black, i use gray?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Guys i need a little advice on what to wear, my co worker is having a party for her 21st bday. Its kinda formal, but its still a party, if you get what im saying.
I was thinking white button down, black suit vest, black slacks, black dress shoes, and purple tie. What you guys think?
That might be a good look, as long as everyone else doesn't show up in jeans and sweaters. 
Also you might wanna do some things to give the look a bit of "hipness" and less "business". Maybe a colorful/patterned/loud tie could help break it up. Something like the one below in terms of colors. A non-solid dress shirt if you wear a more muted tie. Maybe roll up the sleeves as well and wear a nice watch. A tie-bar. You get the idea. 

pPOLO2-7043783_standard_v330.jpg

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

theres a white shirt and purple tie involved
ohwell.gif

what if instead of black, i use gray?
yea grey usually works a lot better.  Also for a more casual but good look is to roll up the sleeves

I have a quick question, I have some all brown Sperry topsiders although I know they're suppose to be worn bare feet but I hate wearing them with jeans that shows my ankle.  I was wondering what color and type of socks could I buy to pull them off?

Something like this is fine, excuse the fellow
laugh.gif

http://lookbook.nu/look/1...ee-Life-To-see-the-World

These are the Sperrys

10960_366_45.jpg

The only thing that can save those Sperry's are some spicy socks. Your homies might not appreciate them but women will definitely compliment you on.
Happy Socks are $10 a pair
242_fbb8caf16e.jpg
261_cb68c410dd.jpg

Or there's the good ol' $4 for $10 at UNIQLO. I have a problem, I don't wear white socks.
tumblr_ky97pkTh971qaf7o7.jpg

[h2]A style guide to everything you're doing wrong[/h2]from GQ.com, just a few that pertained
undateable-embellished-jeans.jpg

1. Embellished jeans
Studded with rivets, designed with crystal swirls, embroidered, tattooed, painted…In your sincere attempt to be "hip," you have actually ended up dressing like a seventeen-year-old girl.

undateable-ed-hardy.jpg

4. Ed Hardy
If you are over twenty-one and now working for a living, it's the King of the Douches look. (See: Jon Gosselin.) Absurd. Don't be a victim.

undateable-sunglasses-at-night.jpg

5. Sunglasses indoors or at night
Comedian Larry David put it best… "You know who wears sunglasses inside? Blind people and @!@#%+%!."

undateable-stupid-tshirt.jpg

6. Stupid t-shirts
Tell us you can't read and we'll leave you alone.

undateable-fur-coat.jpg

9. Fur coat
Here's a thought…give it to us. It will make a lovely throw at the end of our bed.

undateable-sports-jerseys.jpg

10. Sports jerseys
Only acceptable at a sporting event. Actually, we take that back. This whole look is just plain !!@%%. And by !!@%% we don't mean gay. A gay man would never be caught dead in one. They make you look like a big, lumbering seven-year-old.

undateable-overly-cologned.jpg

12. Overly cologned
Way to announce yourself six minutes before you actually enter the room. Yowza. Your strong and stanky scent is burning out our eyes. It's also ensuring that no matter what we order for dinner, it will taste like Drakkar Noir.

undateable-sideways-baseball-hat.jpg

16. Sideways baseball hat: A.K.A "the Hat Tilt"
Unfortunately, this has become a national epidemic. The fact that you stood in front of a mirror, making your puckered-lipped "I'm so cool" face, popping your "lid" at the perfect angle to get this exact look is so loserish it scares us.

undateable-polyester-suit.jpg

18. Tacky polyester suits
We would like to be with men who dress like they are of this era.
*great tie imo

Originally Posted by Emoney246

Thanks jehul! i have peeped your blog and liked a lot of the things you put together.
Thanks man. Have you decided which pants/shoes to go with?

Originally Posted by Jehul

Thanks jehul! i have peeped your blog and liked a lot of the things you put together.

I am leaning towards brown. I dont have a pair of brown pants or shoes though. ( building my "dressing better" wardrobe) I am thinking khaki colored pants.

Does it matter the shade of brown shoes? Should I get like a cognac colored shoe or a dark brown shoe?

Originally Posted by Jehul

I am leaning towards brown. I dont have a pair of brown pants or shoes though. ( building my "dressing better" wardrobe) I am thinking khaki colored pants.

Does it matter the shade of brown shoes? Should I get like a cognac colored shoe or a dark brown shoe?
It depends on the shade of your pants and your preferences (although I'd probably do for a contrasting look either way, i.e. dark vs. light). Just make sure your belt color matches your shoes.

Back
Top Bottom