Dressing better

What do you guys think of these with jeans?
f4f269148ad4b7e6d6f981d9809548d42f582394.jpg

Been lurking for awhile, finally decided to join up and post to show some of what I've learned from this thread. Sorry for bad pics...
Today: Levi's denim shirt, Levi's 511 trousers, American Apparel Tee, Clarks Desert Boot

Bonus:

Found these beauties at a local nordstrom rack for $30!!!

Originally Posted by icebergslm

What do you guys think of these with jeans?
f4f269148ad4b7e6d6f981d9809548d42f582394.jpg

-like the color
-dont like the logo/branding
-dont like the sole ... would prefer leather. that looks like rubber

^Yes it is a rubber sole.  It is exactly what I was looking for though, a casual oxford because I only want to wear them with jeans. The branding is the only thing I don't like about them, but outside of that I love the shoe.

Just picked up those chukka boat shoes from h&m, like the poor man's BoO sperrys haha. They're awesome.

Also came across these on the cheap at LL Bean, $40
pimp.gif

258561_915_41

Finally found a well fitting denim jacket. Shoulder isn't perfect but the body is actually fitted and almost perfect. Even the sleeves aren't too baggy.
Levis, $60 @ Macys to those interested. Sorry for the crappy pic.
2zsw7xu.jpg

I just cuffed the sleeves in the pic to my length, the sleeves doesn't have a contrasting cuff. Plus jean jackets aren't supposed to be exactly perfect in length anyways.

No idea, it doesn't say. I think it is from their Red Tab line but I am not sure. I just saw it at Macys, tried it on and it turned out that it fit well.
I think I saw the Levis Slim Fit Trucker at Barneys last week but that one retailed for around $150 so I am not sure.

GAP has a jean jacket for around $12 right now, and few pair of well fitting jeans (for me at least).. they are all on the "Final Sale" racks.

found this on slickdeals.

*Southern California Slick Dealers Only*

This is my first post, so it probably won't be done right, but here I go.

July 13, 14, 15th @ John Varvatos South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa, CA)

70% off all Spring/Summer Collection

*By invitation only*

Upon arrival, say you are "With The Band" and let the sales associate know you were invited.

I work @ South Coast Plaza as well, and I was invited by a friend of mine named Steven.

You can ask for him and he should be able to help you find some great deals on some designer clothing.

You can view their collection at http://www.johnvarvatos.com

Happy shopping! []quote[[/]

http://slickdeals.net/for...hp?sduid=59289&t=2119890

Originally Posted by RFX45

Finally found a well fitting denim jacket. Shoulder isn't perfect but the body is actually fitted and almost perfect. Even the sleeves aren't too baggy.
Levis, $60 @ Macys to those interested. Sorry for the crappy pic.
2zsw7xu.jpg

I just cuffed the sleeves in the pic to my length, the sleeves doesn't have a contrasting cuff. Plus jean jackets aren't supposed to be exactly perfect in length anyways.

I have been on the search for the "right" jean jacket for a couple weeks and I just can't find one I really like. Kanye has been killing jean jackets for the last couple of months if not longer.

I visited the Levis store and they got a few washes of their slim trucker jackets. Retail is $99 though but there was one that looked like a dark rigid wash, which I kind of want too since it looks like it will fade well. If there is a Levis store near you, give it a quick visit, it's worth a shot.

I believe this is the one I saw at the store: http://us.levi.com/produc....3146845.3146860.3692021
moz-screenshot-8.png
pLEVI1-7060662t500x607.jpg

They have more washes here, I think their Vintage Trucker Jacket = Slim Trucker Jacket.
http://us.levi.com/family...0&cp=3146842.3146845

To those who wants to order from Levis.com, use this code to get 40% off any full priced item: ACTIVE2010

Only good for a single full-riced item though.
To get free shipping, sign-up/subscribe on the bottom right and use the link they send you through the e-mail and you should automatically get free shipping.

From what I've learned from reading and through personal experience, Clarks desert boots don't work well in the snow because of it's crepe sole and suede desert boots can easily be ruined by the rain. I always get water spots on my sand suede's and they're kind of hard to remove.

Originally Posted by Politicin

Hey, can anybody tell me how those Clark Desert Boots are in the rain, snow, etc?

if you don't mind water spots on suede then they work fine. I actually like the look of the suede ones more after it started raining when I wore them

and you can wear them with pretty much anything...I'm tempted on that denim jacket

[h3]http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2010/07/attention-brooks-brothers-x-gilt.htmlAttn: Brooks Brothers x Gilt[/h3]exclusive Brooks Brothers collection for Gilt over at my Tumblr I cried foul.  Well, today GQ has confirmed - noon marks the debut of a new Brooks Brothers line for the online retailer.  Apparently the collection is "a younger, slimmer spin on BB staples like cotton chinos, prep-schoolish cardigans...and repp ties" separate from BB's Black Fleece line and the brand's recent foray into slimmer fitting gear.  Word has it that the new collection for Gilt will be available exclusively online until August when the collection hits select BB locations.  Based on the looks below it appears as if things are staying pretty conservative (much more so than Black Fleece) with the only update being fit. 
bb-gilt-khaki-suit-490.jpg
bb-gilt-sweater-navy-pants-490.jpg

bb-gilt-sweater-chinos-490.png
bb-gilt-cardigan-red-pants-490.png

Gilt has been basura for months
pimp.gif

That Navy/Red v-neck sweater up right now is awesome. I'd probably cop it if I didn't lose my debit card this past weekend.

Back
Top Bottom