Drew Brees played 6 weeks with a "low-grade MCL sprain"

[h1]Heath Evans, others say Drew Brees played with torn MCL[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 24, 2011, 6:59 PM EST

heathevans.jpg

As the debate continues regarding the Jay Cutler MCL tear/sprain/whatever, word has emerged that another fairly high-profile quarterback of whom you may have heard played with a torn/sprained/whatevered MCL during the season.

Saints fullback Heath Evans, who filled in Monday as the Skip Bayless foil on ESPN2′sFirst Take, got the ball rolling by explaining that Saints quarterback Drew Brees played for six weeks with a torn MCL.

“Sorry Drew, I love you, but Drew Brees played six weeks with a torn MCL,’’ Evans said, per Brian Allee-Walsh of NewOrleans.com.  “I know what Drew Brees did with a torn MCL.’’

In early October, Ed Werder of ESPN reported that Brees indeed had a “minor

[h1]Heath Evans, others say Drew Brees played with torn MCL[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 24, 2011, 6:59 PM EST

heathevans.jpg

As the debate continues regarding the Jay Cutler MCL tear/sprain/whatever, word has emerged that another fairly high-profile quarterback of whom you may have heard played with a torn/sprained/whatevered MCL during the season.

Saints fullback Heath Evans, who filled in Monday as the Skip Bayless foil on ESPN2′sFirst Take, got the ball rolling by explaining that Saints quarterback Drew Brees played for six weeks with a torn MCL.

“Sorry Drew, I love you, but Drew Brees played six weeks with a torn MCL,’’ Evans said, per Brian Allee-Walsh of NewOrleans.com.  “I know what Drew Brees did with a torn MCL.’’

In early October, Ed Werder of ESPN reported that Brees indeed had a “minor

This is getting annoying as hell. People act like every single injury is exactly the same and people's bodies are exactly the same.

This is getting annoying as hell. People act like every single injury is exactly the same and people's bodies are exactly the same.

^ It's a direct comparison relevant to the Jay Cutler situation at hand. If you don't like it, too bad. 
AMP 
laugh.gif

Don't worry, Deadset. We cool even if we don't agree on something. 

^ It's a direct comparison relevant to the Jay Cutler situation at hand. If you don't like it, too bad. 
AMP 
laugh.gif

Don't worry, Deadset. We cool even if we don't agree on something. 

All MCL sprains aren’t alike, however.  Brees’ low-grade sprain and Jay Cutler’s reportedly Grade II sprain are very different injuries.

Key sentence.  Resemblance is there of course.  Evans should have just kept out of it but athletes can't help but running their mouths.

All MCL sprains aren’t alike, however.  Brees’ low-grade sprain and Jay Cutler’s reportedly Grade II sprain are very different injuries.

Key sentence.  Resemblance is there of course.  Evans should have just kept out of it but athletes can't help but running their mouths.

man you and kev should just shake hands and agree to disagree
He's an Indians fan. I'll let it go.

I probably wouldn't have said another word in the other thread if I hadn't been directly referred to (since I'm the go-to for all things negative about Cutler).

man you and kev should just shake hands and agree to disagree
He's an Indians fan. I'll let it go.

I probably wouldn't have said another word in the other thread if I hadn't been directly referred to (since I'm the go-to for all things negative about Cutler).

And Troy Polamalu missed over half the season with an MCL sprain. Whats the point of this article?

And Troy Polamalu missed over half the season with an MCL sprain. Whats the point of this article?

^ Polamalu plays SS, Drew Brees is a QB just like Cutler. This article has way more substance than any of the numerous tweets going around. 

^ Polamalu plays SS, Drew Brees is a QB just like Cutler. This article has way more substance than any of the numerous tweets going around. 

Back
Top Bottom