Drew Rosenhaus

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP1708:
23ska909red02:
But how many stars have gotten large contracts on Super Bowl winning teams after Rosenhaus repped them?

That's where my curiosity lies.
So you're asking about which teams, after winning the super bowl, then went out and spent big money on a player he repped?
No. How many players...... got repped by Rosenhaus.... got a big contract due to being repped by Rosenhaus.... won a Super Bowl during that big contract with the team paying them that big contract.

Families can't eat on a championship ring.

CP1708:
23ska909red02:
But how many stars have gotten large contracts on Super Bowl winning teams after Rosenhaus repped them?

That's where my curiosity lies.
So you're asking about which teams, after winning the super bowl, then went out and spent big money on a player he repped?
No. How many players...... got repped by Rosenhaus.... got a big contract due to being repped by Rosenhaus.... won a Super Bowl during that big contract with the team paying them that big contract.
Why does this matter?

Rosenhaus' job is to get his clients the most money possible, not to get them the most Super Bowl rings possible.

Players hire Rosenhaus to maximize their earnings, not necessarily to win championships. If their only concern was winning, you'd see everyone trying tosign with the Colts/Steelers/Pats/etc etc.

If... and I say 'if' because I'm sure this type of comparison exists, but not positive... if there were an agent that knew how to get talentedplayers on championship teams, even if it were for less money than the agent that was known for getting players top-dollar contract but not particularly knownfor putting players on championship teams, I would personally rather be repped by the first agent.

I mean, obviously, it would be nice if there were an agent that knew how to get his clients on championship teams for the maximum amount of money. I'mpositive there are players out there that look at that, even if it's a small number.

I'm glad the Steelers don't work with him very often. At least I haven't heard of them working with him and his players

I alwayz see fool on south beach in miami.....Dawg payed in full BRAH...
eek.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

At the end of the day this is a business. When your careers over, and you start losing your mind, you'll need as much money as possible for care, becausethe team won't be there. Son is like Wolverine, the best at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice.

How many championships do his players have?

How much guarantee money did he get his players? Paraphrasing what rich ball player is really thinking "I feel bad that I didn't get a ring, but that$45mil I made throughout my career more than makes up for it".

I see what you are saying, but say what you want - most of these players are in it for the money. It just so happen that the more Chips you win, and the moreaccolades you have/earn - the more money you make.

Football player: (Fake tears at retirement ceremony) I would trade in the $45million I made throughout my career for a championship ring (Fake tears atretirement ceremony)
roll.gif

Believe that if you want to.

Those aren't always fake tears though, dude.

Trust me, I'm a cynic to the core, but if you think that all rich, championship-less superstars are perfectly comfortable with their millions and theynever think about the fact that don't have a ring, you're being far too cynical.

Y'know, if i played the sport, loved it to death, wanted nothing more than a championship, i'd still rather retire regretful and rich than a brokeunhealthy champ.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Read that list and it's basically all former Canes or Dolphins. His office must be outta Miami I'm guessing.

He also has several Seminoles on there as well, so Florida treats him very very well.
South Beach to be exact.

Ska, I am not saying they are all that way, but very few actually put rings over earnings. For the most part, they only start caring about getting a ring oncethey have cashed in and they see that the end of their career is near.

Dr Spaceman:
Y'know, if i played the sport, loved it to death, wanted nothing more than a championship, i'd still rather retire regretful and rich than a broke unhealthy champ.
Well duh.
laugh.gif

What about the choice between a VERY wealthy champion or a slightly more wealthy non-champion?

Because if you have a large amount of money AND a championship, you have the choice to be either broke with your championship ring or to be financially smartenough to maintain wealth while keeping your ring; you have the choice, because you have both (wealth and a ring).

But if you have more money than your friends who won rings with the Patriots and Giants and Steelers (for example), you don't have the option to be eitherbroke with a ring or wealthy with a ring.

I'd rather get that ring and be smart with the money I have, even if it is less than I would have gotten if I had my agent make sure to put me on a teamthat was going to pay me top-dollar.

I promise you Marino would pay a lot of money to have a super bowl ring.

And if Peyton hadn't gotten his, he woulda paid good money to get one.

There are some players who still care. Not as many anymore, but there are some.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I'm glad the Steelers don't work with him very often. At least I haven't heard of them working with him and his players
Fernando Bryant was repped by him, he was released I think. J. HArtwig and LT currently are.

I wonder this all the time and as an athlete myself I would rather enjoy the glory of winning with my team than the money. Plus, you can recoup and multiplyyour money if you put in the work and invest right when you're retired. I think in the "money over trying to win" argument its more of aprinciple to get as much money as possible out of any team because when your career dwindles down the teams who fought to sign you and whatnot are going tomake their own business decisions and let you go without a care in the world for you....unless you lead that team to championship(s)
wink.gif

As for Drew he also works for HIS money as well lol because when his players get paid, he's getting paid. Best in the game though hands down.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Read that list and it's basically all former Canes or Dolphins. His office must be outta Miami I'm guessing.

He also has several Seminoles on there as well, so Florida treats him very very well.
For those who grew up in the Miami area, you remember Drew Rosenhaus every Sunday night at 10pm on Channel 7's sports Xtra. Drew Rosenhaus hadmore inside information about the Dolphins then Dave Wannstedt.

money > championship

and players may deny it but its the truth.....you rarely see a player take considerably less money to play for predicted contender

Yes, money > championship.

You're not getting the point.
laugh.gif

Obviously, the players want money more than a championship. If that were false, then there would be more Kobe and LeBron type players in the NBDL, where theyknow they would win a championship.

But they want those millions, obviously. So they value money over a championship, obviously. So money > championship, obviously.

But looking BACKWARDS, some players definitely see that they have a cool $115mil saved up without ever winning a championship, and they definitely wish thatmaybe that $115mil was like $90mil + a championship, because maybe them taking less money enabled the team to bring another superstar on board.

money > championship; nearly everyone would agree with that

$115mil and no ring > $90mil and a couple rings? Not everyone will agree with that. Some would say $90mil + a couple rings > $115mil and no ring

Yes, money > championship.

You're not getting the point.
laugh.gif

Obviously, the players want money more than a championship. If that were false, then there would be more Kobe and LeBron type players in the NBDL, where they know they would win a championship.

But they want those millions, obviously. So they value money over a championship, obviously. So money > championship, obviously.

But looking BACKWARDS, some players definitely see that they have a cool $115mil saved up without ever winning a championship, and they definitely wish that maybe that $115mil was like $90mil + a championship, because maybe them taking less money enabled the team to bring another superstar on board.

money > championship; nearly everyone would agree with that

$115mil and no ring > $90mil and a couple rings? Not everyone will agree with that. Some would say $90mil + a couple rings > $115mil and no ring

your in the wrong topic for that argument big dog plus nfl players arent seeing 115 mil with the way their contracts are set up and the average career lengththey have..........hence why rosenhaus is the way to go to secure those huge guaranteed driven and bonus contracts

Back
Top Bottom