Drug Testing. Vol. Why us, but not them???

Drug testing is just another way to make money.

The tests should only come into play if someone is suspected of drug use while on the job. That should be unacceptable at any place of work unless you are lucky enough to work in a dispensary.

Short of that, the only time a person should be tested is when their performance on the job is impacted.

When the states that passed laws to test welfare recipients something like

Easy way around it... Don't use drugs... Right? If it ain't legal and u wanna work for someone else u ain't got no business smoking/snorting/shooting ****

Easy way around it... Don't use drugs... Right? If it ain't legal and u wanna work for someone else u ain't got no business smoking/snorting/shooting ****

Word, all my friends are stoners and I used to smoke in high school and after. The day I decided I wanted to get a career and further myself, I stopped. Now that I've began my career I don't even want to mess with any illegal drugs. Not worth losing my job over something like that.

Im a physician and I was drug tested. Well I'm almost sure I was, it was 6 years ago, and in the contract they have that you have to submit to one at any time

Last edited:
My main issue is with the type of drug test that's typically administered randomly; urine tests. In my opinion they should not be used in that manner, and saliva tests should be used in their place. The period of time in which they(saliva tests) can detect drug use is much shorter. In other words, if I went out on Friday night and smoked some weed, and then I get randomly drug tested(urine) the follow Tuesday and fail? To me that's bogus if the purpose is to prevent workers coming to work under the influence of a drug.

Its not perfect but it seems to be a much better solution.

Last edited:
My main issue is with the type of drug test that's typically administered randomly; urine tests. In my opinion they should not be used in that manner, and saliva tests should be used in their place. The period of time in which they(saliva tests) can detect drug use is much shorter. In other words, if I went out on Friday night and smoked some weed, and then I get randomly drug tested(urine) the follow Tuesday and fail? To me that's bogus if the purpose is to prevent workers coming to work under the influence of a drug.

Its not perfect but it seems to be a much better solution.

I agree with this. Mary stays in one's system much longer than say cocaine, which is out of your system in less than a day

What I say is all the people on welfare should be drug tested. I get drug tested so I can earn them their money.
mean.gif
Then where's the testing for every corporate executive whose company receives public subsidies...hell, everybody who collects a salary from the public, directly and indirectly?

Not saying you're wrong, just pointing the question up as well.

Back
Top Bottom