DTLR shoe authenticity ???

Whats up NT,

I was in DTLR in Spotsylvania mall the other day and saw the zoom flights on sale for about 89.00. I went over to foot locker and asked if they matched prices(I had a gift certificate) and they said that they did not. I then explained to the the sales person that I saw them in DTLR for cheaper and she replied thatthey are lower because they are either fake or B grades, and this allows them to drop the prices faster than other stores. Of course I consider the source(foot locker = rival/competitor), but I then started to think, I do see alot of shoes on sale and I see alot of shoes in DTLR that they do not have in otherstores, for example the countdown packages and the allstar XX3. I am just trying to get some information, and see if anyone else had heard anything about DTLR.

Thanks for the info and sorry for the blog entry.

no joke my friend. I have bought many a shoe from DTLR, and never had a reason to question authenticity, however I am just asking if anyone heard anythingsimilar to this.

DTLR for some reason has the ability to drop prices on markee items and not get scolded by the brand.

in defense, they are a marketing powerhouse and would probably get to use their trump cards often because of that...

I was in Sportszone yesterday and they had the zoom flights on sale for $90.

I'm pretty sure FTL was just hating.

Yeah, when the chick at FTL told me I kind of gave her the "what you talkin bout willis" look but still wanted to know more. I continue to shopthere, but I have seen some stuff that had me smh in DTLR (the dollar sign glitter af1's), but they still seem alright to me. Thanks for the info NT

ill put it this way.. footlocker leases shoes. dtlr buys their shoes.

footlocker is able to send shoes back to nike.

from what i've heard "inside"

^yup thats why if a shoe doesnt do good at all you still wont see it at footlocker because they ship them back, and DTLR still has *#!+ that came out a whileago, they cant get rid of so they continue to drop the price, I.E transformer trainers/ huarache's, deions, blah blah

The Badgeman wrote:
Foot Locker has outlet stores don't they?

Have you ever been to a Footlocker outlet store Badgeman?

Joint is like going into brokeass "Just For Feet" outlet. Mad pairs of Nike Air Neverheardofyas scattered about accompanied with dusty lowtopTimberlands and old size 7.5 New Balance 574s. And don't forget the overabundance of jerseys.Needless to say, if I only had access to Footlocker OutletsI'd be wearing red/white/blue AJXIs.
laugh.gif

My-T.

I was in Footlocker yesterday and they still had the ATC's from last year at full price.
roll.gif

Not really sure what they are smoking.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

The Badgeman wrote:

Joint is like going into brokeass "Just For Feet" outlet. Mad pairs of Nike Air Neverheardofyas scattered about accompanied with dusty lowtop Timberlands and old size 7.5 New Balance 574s. And don't forget the overabundance of jerseys.
laugh.gif

My-T.
Sounds just about right.

Originally Posted by LakersRock20901

The Badgeman wrote:

Joint is like going into brokeass "Just For Feet" outlet. Mad pairs of Nike Air Neverheardofyas scattered about accompanied with dusty lowtop Timberlands and old size 7.5 New Balance 574s. And don't forget the overabundance of jerseys.
laugh.gif

My-T.
Sounds just about right.

My-T had me rollin
roll.gif

The Badgeman wrote:

Have you ever been to a Footlocker outlet store Badgeman?

Joint is like going into brokeass "Just For Feet" outlet. Mad pairs of Nike Air Neverheardofyas scattered about accompanied with dusty lowtop Timberlands and old size 7.5 New Balance 574s. And don't forget the overabundance of jerseys.Needless to say, if I only had access to Footlocker Outlets I'd be wearing red/white/blue AJXIs.
laugh.gif

My-T.

I rarely go into a Foot Locker much less an outlet store carrying the Foot Locker rejects (which is a bit of a double negative isn't it?), I was justquestioning the validity of the statement that all unsold Nike product that Foot Locker receives somehow goes back to Nike. But apparently I was able tomotivate an impromptu stand-up comedy routine on Foot Locker outlets and for that...you're welcome
pimp.gif

now i remember why i come in here. Yall dudes stay with the info but come with the comedy. I appreciate all the info, and My-T you had me dying with the ftloutlet comment.

its because foot locker is like a huge company and they want all the money they can get while DTLR is a small time company. if the shoe doesnt sell well atDTLR, the price gets dropped and keeps dropping till their gone. while foot locker wont ever drop their prices because they can send it back to nike and itgoes to the outlet. if a shoe never sells at DTLR is gets sent back to their warehouse where i dont know what happens. all i know is they have FSR of grapev's at their warehouse for $10 a piece... but you cant order from their warehouse smh...

You can order direct from the warehouse but you gotta be familiar with one of the managers, who in turn, is cool with somebody at the warehouse, and thedelivery driver. The shoes get marked all the way down until they go to the DTLR Outlet in Glen Burnie it's the only one so they get shoes from the VA,D.C., and North Carolina stores. When i used to work there I would make weekly calls to see if any loose jordans came back up from the south.

no need to question DTLR shoe authenticity. dude at foot locker was just hating. seriously..i buy madd shoes from DTLR..they're a legit retailer. if allthey sold were fake kicks, don't you think they'd have almost every shoe for sale??? seriously...i think it would be almost impossible for a chain likeDTLR to stay open all these years if they sold fake kicks. they're not just some store in downtown DC...

DTLR is legit. But ive heard things about sportszone. An certain places in springfield mall has fakes.

Nike Air Neverheardofyas
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dtlr also randomly gets shoes in and raises the prices, i saw white/red x's almost a year after they relaesed for 150, same thingwith militaries

Originally Posted by Trieze K

Yeah, when the chick at FTL told me I kind of gave her the "what you talkin bout willis" look but still wanted to know more. I continue to shop there, but I have seen some stuff that had me smh in DTLR (the dollar sign glitter af1's), but they still seem alright to me. Thanks for the info NT

YEA I SAW THOSE GLITTER MONEY AF1s THEY LOOK SO BOOTLEG!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom