Due for an upgrade with Verizon. Blackberry Curve or Motorola Q?

I have the first Q right now, and it's a decent phone, but it's falling appart, and I need an upgrade. So I'm elegible for the upgrade withVerizon and I'm trying to decide between the Motorola Q or the Blackberry Curve. I like the fact that I can backup all of my contacts through Outlook andthat I can use MP3s as my ringtones on the Q, so I guess those would be my biggest concerns with the Blackberry. How do you backup/sync the phone with acomputer, and can you play MP3s as ringtones? Thanks for the help!

On here your ganna get a lot of Blackberry responses. You said you had the first Q so upgrading to the new Q would be easy for you. All smartphones function inthe same way imo, others will disagree. So you just have to factor in what you need in a phone. Blackberrys look sweet. You will have to get used to the newinterface and all that. Your best bet is to go in to a Verizon store and compare them side by side.

Just stick w/ the Q. I have one too and love it. Internet is a bit slow I guess but the pad is easy to type and functionality is great. Also like the MP3ringtones and outlook accessibility. Only major downside is battery life...if you use it often during the day it WILL die around 5 if you don't charge itup.

All my friends have BB's/Iphones and they swear they're better...so maybe it's worth it to check out those. Anybody who has those...anything youREALLY like that would make it worth switching over?

go wit the Q9m
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Switch Service Providers....Ya get new phones, well to ya they are...Wheneverybody already has the new series out...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Verizon FTL[/color]

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Damn.. I really dont know... Does the Blackberry do mp3 ringtones?

Yes they do easiliy
pimp.gif
That might seal the deal! But I'm gonna have to manually enter all of my contacts again
sick.gif

VZW already charges a buttload for service w/ data, so is it an additional charge to have Blackberry service or does it amount to the same?

I'm pretty sure the BB data is now the same as the other smartphone data plans..

BIS: 29.99
BES: 45

I would def go with the new BB Curve

The Q9m isn't any better than the old Q. But if you like it I guess I would stick with it.

I switched to BB about 3months ago and I'll never go back...

You have 30days so if you don't like it you can switch to the Q9m

Hope that helps

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Damn.. I really dont know... Does the Blackberry do mp3 ringtones?

Yes they do easiliy
pimp.gif
That might seal the deal! But I'm gonna have to manually enter all of my contacts again
sick.gif

i'm pretty sure verizon will do a phonebook transfer for you when you re-up your contract..
Originally Posted by chagocal

Switch to AT&T this summer and get the Blackberry Bold check it out its NICE.
http://gizmodo.com/389384/blackberry-bold-aka-9000-officially-official

man that screen looks dinky! other than that,
pimp.gif

only issue i havewith the BB Curve on Verizon is the housing.. why is it all weird silver?

I have a Treo 755P on Verizon by the way. I absolutely love the touch screen and Palm OS. The scheduling interface on it I feel is far superior to what BB hasto offer. I went to a BB for a few days on my re-up and didn't like it (though that scroll wheelie thing is pretty cool). I don't think I'd strayfrom the Treo ever again..
laugh.gif

just my .02

Good news!! I went with the Blackberry Curve and..... I got it for $4.99 with a free skin/sleave. No bull. I'm going on ebay now to find a case and carcharger... Any good reccomendations?

Good news!! I went with the Blackberry Curve and..... I got it for $4.99 with a free skin/sleave. No bull. I'm going on ebay now to find a case and car charger... Any good reccomendations?

you !!+!*$$ kidding me? how'd you get it for that price? i'm due for an upgrade as well and am debating...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Good news!! I went with the Blackberry Curve and..... I got it for $4.99 with a free skin/sleave. No bull. I'm going on ebay now to find a case and car charger... Any good reccomendations?

you !!+!*$$ kidding me? how'd you get it for that price? i'm due for an upgrade as well and am debating...

My Treo 650 is heading to it's grave. My next phone I was thinking about was the BB Curve...If you could hook up any information with that price thatwould be great!

only reason i see to get a blackberry is if you're going to email all day everyday. or if receiving emails is really THAT important. other than, 30 extradollars (give or take a few bucks) is seriously not worth a blackberry.

so once again i'll ask how did this happen?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Circuit City employee discount + 2 year contract renewal + upgrade + being coo with the Verizon guys at my store = $4.99 Blackberry curve.

laugh.gif
Circuit City employee discount + 2 year contract renewal + upgrade + being coo with the Verizon guys at my store = $4.99 Blackberry curve.

Can't knock the hustle
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom