Duke eliminated out of the NCAA Tournament Appreciation Post

Double post my bad yuku trippin
laugh.gif

coach k should hang it up
one of the most ignorant comments in this post besides the actual post title. Coach K whether you like it our not is still one of the games topcoaches/strategist/recruiters. Even though the past few years he has not been able to get to the promised land he is still a great coach. However I believethat next years team will be sooo much better than this years team.

and when has coach k ever recruited a player capable of leaving after one year besides cory...yeaa....Coach K recruits teams not players.

^

nah your right that 1999 team was a killer

Jay williams elton brand corey magette carlos bozzer shane battier

laugh.gif
@ People thinking they would make it to the next round anyways, they weren't going to be hitting those 3's all tournament.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Where are all these duke huggers who blasted me in the Belmont post for calling them overrated? Year in and year out they are hyped to death and never go ANYWHERE. Like I said, unless they move the program in a different direction now, high school prospects should stay away from Duke if they want to win a championship.
The direction they need to go in is to recruit someone who is an inside presence. They have had nothing since Sheldon williams. Zoubek is a fraud. Until they get some production in the paint, this is how it will be every year in the tournament.

yeah, what happened to that tall white guy for duke that %%*! vitale kept hypin up from 2 or 3 yrs ago, wheres that guy now

4314.jpg

edit - how did this b-#$% end up on the trailblazers?

Originally Posted by mjd77

Until Coach K starts recruiting people who can do some damage inside a la Sheldon Williams, this is how it's going to be every year... and I'm a Duke fan. This loss didn't surprise me at all. I'm surprised they had as many wins as they did this season. You are not going to get anywhere in post season when all you do is shoot 3s.

lock thread.
pimp.gif

i didnt have big expectations this year for them. i didnt expect to lose in the second round but i didnt think they would go far either. by the way fresh mayyou should of made this post after your team plays. ill be making a post just for your team when they lose

i had them goin out in the sweet 16...but kinda expected it coming. if u live and die by the 3 you're probably not going very far....

(thinks of the warriors in the nba)

which is why i'm kinda riding teams with great inside players i.e. GTown, Stanford, UCLA. but....then again it's nothing new.

Originally Posted by acidicality

i had them goin out in the sweet 16...but kinda expected it coming. if u live and die by the 3 you're probably not going very far....

(thinks of the warriors in the nba)

which is why i'm kinda riding teams with great inside players i.e. GTown, Stanford, UCLA. but....then again it's nothing new.
^ UNC has a pretty good inside player I heard..... I forget his name though
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i didnt have big expectations this year for them. i didnt expect to lose in the second round but i didnt think they would go far either. by the way fresh may you should of made this post after your team plays. ill be making a post just for your team when they lose

Like I say every year during football season, Fresh is the SOLE reason I hate Tennessee sports.
Anyway did anyone really expect Duke to make it past the3rd round this year? Let's be real...

Anyway, we've been getting better every season since JJ and Sheldon left and next year's team is gonna be a lot better than this year's. I'mnot concerned about the future.

Definitely appreciated.

As long as Duke exits the tourney before UNC does, I'm half-satisfied. I only get the full satisfaction if Carolina goes all the way!

Back
Top Bottom