Durant as good--or better?!?!--than...

From Sam Smith, Bulls .com

Durant as good--or better?!?!--than LeBron?

-- It's being whispered now among NBA types because, I believe, under a secret NBA/ESPN provision you are not permitted to say aloud anything that might be interpreted to suggest LeBron James isn't the best thing to ever happen in anyone's life. But sitting in the stands in Las Vegas at the USA Basketball mini-camp and hearing NBA coaches and general managers, the gasps have been for Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant. I've now heard more than one say Durant could be a better player than James given Durant's combination of amazing size at about 6-10 and pure shooting stroke. And he's still 20. The feeling is Durant is on the brink of being a 30 per game scorer. Plus, Durant is a serious worker. The Bulls' Derrick Rose has become close with Durant and the two have worked out together considerably this summer. Said Rose, who is five days younger than Durant: "KD is great. He's real talented. I look at him as like a big brother to me even though we're the same age. He's been in the league longer. He's a great talent, 6-10 guy who can dribble, shoot like a guard. He's going to be a great talent in the league."

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_090727.html

i never thought KD would do !*%+ in the NBA, i was so god damn wrong
laugh.gif
(i wasnt the only one tho)

only thing bron got on KD is he is a better point foward and better on D

I hate when people speculate. Let's talk about what is. LeBron IS better than KD. And I was one of the first on the KD bandwagon.

I knew it was only a matter of time before this talk started....

Ive said for a while that I believe D12 will win more than LeBron, and wouldnt be surprised if KD is up there eitherbefore its said and done either.

There's no doubt in my mind that KD can score 30 a game, but I wonder if he'll ever have to with Westbrook and Green on the team. Then there's theother youngsters like Harden, Mullens, Ibaka and so on.

I've said it before, his team will be in the playoffs this year, and once Kobe falls off you can look forward to him vs. LeBron in the finals every yearfor about the next 6-7 years.

No, he's not better.

When Durant can lead OKC to the NBA Finals by himself, then yea.. Lebron led Cleveland to the Finals in his 4th season. They became a playoff team in his 3rdseason. He has the chance to be better, but definitely not right now. I'll be interested to see how well he dominates down the stretch of games next seasonthough.

Durant can score with the best of them, but so can Kevin Martin. He needs to start dominating games.

Is Greg Oden better then Lebron?
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Best thing to ever happen to Durant's career, goin #2.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

No, he's not better.

When Durant can lead OKC to the NBA Finals by himself, then yea.. Lebron led Cleveland to the Finals in his 4th season. They became a playoff team in his 3rd season. He has the chance to be better, but definitely not right now. I'll be interested to see how well he dominates down the stretch of games next season though.
I'm sayin'. On paper you can make a pretty decent list on people who have better offensive abilities then LeBron (Carmelo
nerd.gif
), but none of those guys have close to the same impact as LeBron when he'son the floor.

No, he's not better.

When Durant can lead OKC to the NBA Finals by himself, then yea.. Lebron led Cleveland to the Finals in his 4th season. They became a playoff team in his 3rd season. He has the chance to be better, but definitely not right now. I'll be interested to see how well he dominates down the stretch of games next season though.

Durant can score with the best of them, but so can Kevin Martin. He needs to start dominating games.

And OKC can't be a playoff team this year? KD doesn't dominate games
laugh.gif
Wow

KD at 20 is a wayyy better shooter than Bron at 20, but Bron was a way better passer.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

No, he's not better.

I'm sayin'. On paper you can make a pretty decent list on people who have better offensive abilities then LeBron (Carmelo
nerd.gif
), but none of those guys have close to the same impact as LeBron when he's on the floor.
I wish somebody would say OKC will make the playoffs this year. I can guarentee you that they won't and they won't win no more than 35games more than likely.

airmaxpenny1

nerd.gif

And OKC can't be a playoff team this year? KD doesn't dominate games
laugh.gif
Wow

No, they won't.

And I didn't say he doesn't dominate games. I want to see him do it down the stretch. If he has that attitude down the stretch when he gets the ball,everybody in the arena know he's going to score type dominate. With his length, shooting stroke, etc. he should have it. That's why I said it will beinteresting to see next season.

Of course he isn't better than Lebron.

Lebron from a physical and athletic standpoint alone cannot be matched by anyone.

However, from a skill set standpoint? KD certainly can be better than LeBron in the near future.

This really shouldn't even be a debate. Put Durant on the Cavs and they would be middle of the pack team in the East. LeBron with Westbrook and Green
sick.gif
. The Thunder would be a much better team with LeBron.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Durant can score with the best of them, but so can Kevin Martin. He needs to start dominating games
wait, WHAT???
Here we go.

I guess you was thinking I was comparing Durant and Martin in a player-by-player comparison?
eyes.gif

I'm just talking about basically how both players can light up the score board. Scoring strictly. I know Durant is overall more talented than Martin, butMartin can get hot just like Durant can. They both can light up the box score. That's a fact.

The point of what I was trying to say was that Martin can't make Sacramento a playoff team because of his scoring alone just like Durant can't make OKCa playoff team because of his scoring alone. That's why the 3rd season is important to see how dominate Durant can be down the stretch of games. In termsof guarding the other team's best player, grabbing boards, handling the ball and taking over offensively as well. As a top perimeter G/F in the league, allof these things make you dominate.

I do think Durant will be a top 5 player in the league by the time he's 24-25 though. Whether he will be better than Lebron at that time is questionable.Maybe, maybe not.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

This really shouldn't even be a debate. Put Durant on the Cavs and they would be middle of the pack team in the East. LeBron with Westbrook and Green
sick.gif
. The Thunder would be a much better team with LeBron.
laugh.gif

OK...

See 2003-2004, and 2004-2005 Cleveland Cavalier teams. Mind you they played in the Eastern Conference.

You're basically saying replace Durant with Lebron and OKC wins at least 48-50 games...which gets you an 8th seed in the West. Do you seriously believethat?

Back
Top Bottom