Durant as good--or better?!?!--than...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

This is great, the whole lebron and durant talk. But my boy mr. mayo will be in this discussion after next season watch.

no not really so try again

But, I bet your boy Derrick Rose will definitely be in discussion as the best PG in the league right?

laugh.gif
Prolly not but he'll be an all-star, can't say that for Mr. Mayo.

In terms of production this coming year, Eric Gordon>OJ Mayo
grin.gif
I guess Mayo's work ethic and on-court demeanor will cause him to be mediocre next year.
laugh.gif

People will see.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ It's a luxury you get being an elite superstar in the NBA. If you even act like you're playing defensive...as long as you're a 30 PPG scorer on the other end...you'll get All Defensive Team love. That's the reason why Kobe is 1st EVERY year.

This.

It's no different than Gold Gloves in baseball.

This is great, the whole lebron and durant talk. But my boy mr. mayo will be in this discussion after next season watch.

But, I bet your boy Derrick Rose will definitely be in discussion as the best PG in the league right?

laugh.gif

grin.gif
I guess Mayo's work ethic and on-court demeanor will cause him to be mediocre next year.
laugh.gif

People will see.
pimp.gif
Notice how I didn't say Eric Gordon>>Mayo as a whole but Mayo is in a bad situation in Memphis. The team has talent but there is nochemistry there and it's a bunch of chucks.

The clippers will surprise people this year. Diddy, Gordon, Thornton, Blake and Kaman is a legit starting 5, and Gordon will be getting his fair share ofshots.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
laugh.gif

People will see.
pimp.gif
Notice how I didn't say Eric Gordon>>Mayo as a whole but Mayo is in a bad situation in Memphis. The team has talent but there is no chemistry there and it's a bunch of chucks.

The clippers will surprise people this year. Diddy, Gordon, Thornton, Blake and Kaman is a legit starting 5, and Gordon will be getting his fair share of shots.

Just look at the last few months Hollins was coaching there. The team as whole looked a lot better under his helm. People look at the roster and don'trealize how the games were being played or how the players were being coached. Memphis has 3 players in their starting lineup that can command a double teamwhen they get things going. That's all I'm saying.

That's why I say people will see.

Now, if AI is added then you can say his chances are hurt tremendously. As of now, Conley and OJ own that backcourt.

laugh.gif

what does Drose have to do with this?

OJ mayo is going to be up there with LBJ and KD has top 10 NBA players next year? NO

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

offensive abilities, which is abilities to score and its efficienty.

amount of possession you get is important because,

if player A gets 30 shots to score 30 pts and player B gets 20 shots to score 30pts, then we can say player B has superior offensive abilities.

Even if player A can shoot better, doesn't mean he has better offensive skills because his efficiency lacks. However we can say player A is a better shooter.

No need for clowning.
Wait, so Dwight is better then Duncan offensively? Iggy is better then Beasley? You know how many people would be better then Melo with your reasoning? I'm sorry but there's only one word for this, simpleton. @%%% ain't that easy... It's more subjective then that.

It's very sad how people ignore "put backs" "dunks" "timing instinct" "strenght" "gifted body nh" asoffensive skills.
Those are pure skills that help to "score" which we can categorize as offensive abilities.
Dwight may not be as smooth as Duncan, but he knows a way to score with his strengths (dunk, put back, timing around the basket, etc)
TD gives up a lot of shots due to TP and Ginobli. TD has a way better court vision than Dwight which allow him to pass more.
So we can't really say Dwight has a better offensive skill set than Tim Duncan even though Dwight seems to score a little more.
Possession is where kicks in.

Mayo might not be up there yet or this upcoming season (with LeBron & KD), but give him time & he will be. In a couple years, those 3 (includingsome others) will be some of the top players in the league.

I think you are only as good as your team. remember lebron jumped from 19-20ppg his rookie season to 27ppg with the 6apg and 6 rpg and the team had a .500record so oj and kd have to get their team to a better record before this conversation can really be started

everone is talking about scrawny like it will matter..

I mean I'm gonna quote him and he's my boy too, but I'll change his quote to make it fit better here...

"weight room...we talking about the weight room people, not a game, the weight room"

AI hasn't seemed to care much about bulking up to have one of the highest PPG averages the L has seen.

Back
Top Bottom