Dwight Howard fined $35,000 for speaking out on refs. Your opinion?

"Ya'll know that that series against Charlotte drove me crazy. I mean it was almost comical at times how I was getting fouls called on me. There was nothing I could do out there and I felt like I couldn't even move without getting that whistle blown on me.

I'm not looking to say anything to get myself in trouble with the league, but I just don't see other star players getting called for fouls the way I get them. No star player in the league is outta games the way I am. I even talked to Pat Ewing about his career and he said he never had foul trouble like what I'm going through."

Dwight fined $35,000 for posting that on his blog. David Stern protecting refs hard 
laugh.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...for-blogg?urn=nba,237611

your opinion on this? & sorry if posted already, looked but didnt see anything.

He can use that $35k after he's done in the bathroom. Ain't nothing but hopefully he get's to actually play the rest of the play-offs instead of getting phantom fouls

"When we play defense we're under a magnifying glass, but when we're on offense, there's no magnifying glasses. You've got to call it both ways. Dirk drives, he doesn't get fouled. They drive on the other end and they get the little ticky-tack fouls. So keep it consistent, that's all. Don't be one way or the other."
"I'm not even going to comment on that (Bonner drawn) foul. What did you think, it was a foul or what? All of us thought that. It's funny, though, they get the same call on the other end. It's ridiculous, one of the refs called the foul from half-court. It's almost like they can't even see it. But when he (Nowitzki) drives, 'Oh I saw he was outside the circle, it was a charge.' How can you see that? You can't even see that far.’’
Concluded Damp: "Hey, we ain't going to make any excuses. We're going to be ready to play the next game, that's all that matters to us. The next one, biggest game of the year.’’

Another 35,000 donation.

it's common knowledge that 2 out of every 6 foul calls on dwight howard are bogus

They have already said not to publicly criticize refs or they will be fined or possibly suspended. So he did what they asked him not to, and he deserves it.

With that said the refs in the league are not really good.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

"When we play defense we're under a magnifying glass, but when we're on offense, there's no magnifying glasses. You've got to call it both ways. Dirk drives, he doesn't get fouled. They drive on the other end and they get the little ticky-tack fouls. So keep it consistent, that's all. Don't be one way or the other."
"I'm not even going to comment on that (Bonner drawn) foul. What did you think, it was a foul or what? All of us thought that. It's funny, though, they get the same call on the other end. It's ridiculous, one of the refs called the foul from half-court. It's almost like they can't even see it. But when he (Nowitzki) drives, 'Oh I saw he was outside the circle, it was a charge.' How can you see that? You can't even see that far.’’
Concluded Damp: "Hey, we ain't going to make any excuses. We're going to be ready to play the next game, that's all that matters to us. The next one, biggest game of the year.’’

Another 35,000 donation.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

JA come on man
smh.gif

He's totally justified. Wish more players spoke up. It's probably the only way to get Stern's attention and get him to come to terms that the current state of refereeing is the NBA's cancer.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

stern always fining people for speaking on the refs.

yet...

indifferent.gif
that's despicable
smh.gif

the league has absolutely zero integrity.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Another 35,000 donation.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

JA come on man
smh.gif
The hell is your problem?
laugh.gif

Must you respond to EVERY post I make? Really.

All I was doing was showing how he got fined.

I wasn't making an excuse.

I was just showing another example of someone getting fined for criticizing refs.

Explain one time where I have complained about the refs this post-season.

Kthx.

Well atleast he spoke on his behalf. Maybe this will get the refs off of his back...a little bit. We are going to need him in the game to win it! Go Magic!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

They have already said not to publicly criticize refs or they will be fined or possibly suspended. So he did what they asked him not to, and he deserves it.

With that said the refs in the league are not really good.
Yeah, he and the Magic have been fined before, so he shouldn't act surprised.  The rules are strictly enforced.  I don't agree with them, but they're clear.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Well atleast he spoke on his behalf. Maybe this will get the refs off of his back...a little bit. We are going to need him in the game to win it! Go Magic!
pimp.gif
So what makes you think if the refs were giving him unfair treatment before, after publicly complaining and saying they were doing a poor job, now they're going to give him better calls?  NBA refs are very arrogant and egotistical, I highly doubt announcing you think they're being unfair is going to change their mind.  Most likely the reason Dwight gets the calls he does is because he complains a lot on and off the court.

Back
Top Bottom