Dwight Howard is the most dominant force in the league

What Dwight does on the both ends of the court can't be matched by anyone.

Defensively we all know what he does. He'll be the DPOY until they get bored of voting for him. He is the best rebounder and shot blocker in the game. He not only has to guard his man but also has to make up for a bunch of mediocre perimeter defenders.

Offensively he shoots around 60% from the floor and no center in the league can guard him 1 v 1 (part of that is the lack of talent at the position and undersized centers in the league). He has added some nice post moves. He can face up slower guys, overpower smaller guys. If he catches it with a foot in the paint it's a wrap.

He needs to improve in certain areas like cutting down on turnovers, not picking up dumb fouls, FT%, and passing. But he's going to get better which is scary.

What Dwight does on the both ends of the court can't be matched by anyone.

Defensively we all know what he does. He'll be the DPOY until they get bored of voting for him. He is the best rebounder and shot blocker in the game. He not only has to guard his man but also has to make up for a bunch of mediocre perimeter defenders.

Offensively he shoots around 60% from the floor and no center in the league can guard him 1 v 1 (part of that is the lack of talent at the position and undersized centers in the league). He has added some nice post moves. He can face up slower guys, overpower smaller guys. If he catches it with a foot in the paint it's a wrap.

He needs to improve in certain areas like cutting down on turnovers, not picking up dumb fouls, FT%, and passing. But he's going to get better which is scary.

I've never liked his game at all. Not sure why, I can't put my finger on it but I've always thought he was overrated - similar to Chris Bosh in many ways.

I've never liked his game at all. Not sure why, I can't put my finger on it but I've always thought he was overrated - similar to Chris Bosh in many ways.

Originally Posted by kdawg

He's anti everything Chris Bosh soft %#! stands for
laugh.gif

And yes he is. His offensive development has been very enjoyable to watch this year.

He's made strides in his offensive game this season and that's helped tremendously.

Another season of improvement there and he has a good argument for best player in the league.

He's made strides in his offensive game this season and that's helped tremendously.

Another season of improvement there and he has a good argument for best player in the league.

I agree,imagine him with a solid post game 
eek.gif
sick.gif
. He's practically unstoppable as it is. Probably the most underrated player in the L

I agree,imagine him with a solid post game 
eek.gif
sick.gif
. He's practically unstoppable as it is. Probably the most underrated player in the L

He's anti everything Chris Bosh soft %#! stands for
laugh.gif

And yes he is. His offensive development has been very enjoyable to watch this year.

Might be the best player in the L at this point. 30 points in the first half of this Hawks game so far...
sick.gif

Might be the best player in the L at this point. 30 points in the first half of this Hawks game so far...
sick.gif

And what does that have to do with Dwight individually, he could not have done more this half.

And what does that have to do with Dwight individually, he could not have done more this half.

Dwight Howard doesn't make his teammates better though, all his stats come from their deficiencies. I thought NT's golden rule was a star has to make his teammates better, score all their points and single handedly lead them to multiple championships. Only Kobe & MJ have done this, and thats why LeBron, T-Mac, Wade suck because they couldn't do it singlehandedly.

Dwight Howard doesn't make his teammates better though, all his stats come from their deficiencies. I thought NT's golden rule was a star has to make his teammates better, score all their points and single handedly lead them to multiple championships. Only Kobe & MJ have done this, and thats why LeBron, T-Mac, Wade suck because they couldn't do it singlehandedly.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Dwight Howard doesn't make his teammates better though, all his stats come from their deficiencies. I thought NT's golden rule was a star has to make his teammates better, score all their points and single handedly lead them to multiple championships.

He's a Center though...

"Only Kobe & MJ have done this, and thats why LeBron, T-Mac, Wade suck because they couldn't do it singlehandedly."
iswydt
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Dwight Howard doesn't make his teammates better though, all his stats come from their deficiencies. I thought NT's golden rule was a star has to make his teammates better, score all their points and single handedly lead them to multiple championships.

He's a Center though...

"Only Kobe & MJ have done this, and thats why LeBron, T-Mac, Wade suck because they couldn't do it singlehandedly."
iswydt
nerd.gif

I think it's a subconcious thing because you might think that because of the type of talent he plays against...it makes people think he's overrated. It's like "would he do this to a prime Hakeem, Duncan, Mutumbo?" Am I right?

But for this era...dude is working at being the most dependable halfcourt scorer in the league. He definitely needs a better supporting cast, and start watching some 94 Hakeem and see exactly how to improve his passing out of doubleteams...but you can't hold Dwight in this era.

Back
Top Bottom