Dwight Howard suspended for game 6

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If anyone has the time....is there a list of suspensions given out over the past 5-10 years int he playoffs?

I'd like to see how this D12 elbow compares to other offenses....
The only in-game offense that comes to mind (when it comes to blatant cheap-shots) is Raja Bell's clothesline. Bell was suspended one game.

Zo and LJ got only two games for that crazy fight at the Garden in '98.

it was a BS thing for Howard to do....sad thing is that if he had better aim he would have been kicked out of the league for seriously injuring someone......

This is payback for 2001 when Scott Williams (of the Bucks) got suspended 1 game for pretty much TAKING A CHARGE from Iverson.

Watch the video (if you can find it).

Either way, I'm calling the Magic to take this IN philly WITHOUT Howard OR Courtney Lee.

1 game is justifiable. He didn't run towards Dalambert and swing on him. They're both 7-footers, they're both fighting for position in the post,they got tangled up, Dwight nudged his elbow OUT OF FRUSTRATION.

If you watched Karl Malone play in the 90s you'll know he did this ALL THE TIME. Dikimbe as well. Ref would call a T and the game went on.

Of course, this was back before the league got wussified. And some of you dudes who are in here pouting with your hands on your hips that Dwight didn't geta 40 game suspension are the same ones who complain about the league being watered down.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I hope Dalambert got the flowers that you all sent him.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I know Dwight threw an elbow, but did he even make contact?

Dalembert barely reacted, didn't look like much contact.

1 game is justifiable for sure, but not the dirtiest play ever, contrary to popular NT belief.

Magic in 6, get better CLee!

Howard has become one of my most hated players in the NBA.

He should have been ejected last night. He cries to the refs. He repeatedly drops his shoulder when going to the basket which should be called an offensivefoul but it is never called, and he travels as well which isn't called.

Believe me, I'm not looking ahead to Game 7 because I've seen the Sixers blow too many games they should have won, but if this goes 7, the Sixers willwin, I guarantee it. They want it more.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

He should have been ejected last night. He cries to the refs. He repeatedly drops his shoulder when going to the basket which should be called an offensive foul but it is never called, and he travels as well which isn't called.

Believe me, I'm not looking ahead to Game 7 because I've seen the Sixers blow too many games they should have won, but if this goes 7, the Sixers will win, I guarantee it. They want it more.

*Looks at sig*
I'd hate him too if I was a Sixers fan.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

He should have been ejected last night. He cries to the refs. He repeatedly drops his shoulder when going to the basket which should be called an offensive foul but it is never called, and he travels as well which isn't called.

Believe me, I'm not looking ahead to Game 7 because I've seen the Sixers blow too many games they should have won, but if this goes 7, the Sixers will win, I guarantee it. They want it more.

*Looks at sig*
You can't tell me dude doesn't whine a lot

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

*Looks at sig*
You can't tell me dude doesn't whine a lot
Not anymore than Lebron, Wade, and Kobe.

^ Dwight has more reason to complain than any other superstar; he actually plays in the paint and takes a lot more physical fouls and plays than the othersuperstars, not just a few times a night but for the duration of an entire game.

Surprised it wasn't two games to be honest, and I think if this was the regular season it would've been. Like Charles said, that's essentiallypunching someone in the middle of the game. Regardless, he deserved at least one.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

^ Dwight has more reason to complain than any other superstar; he actually plays in the paint and takes a lot more physical fouls and plays than the other superstars, not just a few times a night but for the duration of an entire game.

Dwight is just like any other big man in the NBA who plays in the paint...they get fouled. Yes, we all know he's a marquee player, but he has no morereason to complain than other bigs who play 25+ per night. Dude snapped....

i just can't believe they gave dwight the suspension and rondo's obvious flagrant on miller didn't get upgraded to a flagrant as it should'vebeen. more favoritism by darth stern.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Would LeBron or Kobe get suspended for that?

uhh kobe got suspended two times for accidentally elbowing someone, so YES.

but lebron, did the same thing kobe did once and didnt even get called for the foul. so NO.

He was blocked from his blindside and threw his elbow in the direction of the defender to draw contact. The contact was intentional. Hence, the elbow wasintentional.

Howard deserved a suspension.

they do it because eventually they hope the refs will feel bad about missing calls and call make up fouls later in the game. that's the idea, anyway.

Originally Posted by AirGordon10

Good.

I'm glad the league took a stand on this.
Definitely out of character and a ({}) Move by Mr.Howard.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
IT was gonna be a major backfire on the league if they would have gave Dwight star treatment on this one.
co-sign. good. he's a *%%!@. Dalembert > Howard.

Sammy D is one of the worst starting centers in the league. Guy has one of the worst bball IQs I've ever seen.

He has to lead the playoffs in goaltending.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Would LeBron or Kobe get suspended for that?

uhh kobe got suspended two times for accidentally elbowing someone, so YES.

but lebron, did the same thing kobe did once and didnt even get called for the foul. so NO.

laugh.gif
Wait....you're not talking about the time when Kobe tried to "accidently" knock Mike Miller's adams apple through the back of his neck,are you?

Back
Top Bottom