Easiest place to get approved for first time Credit Card???

Went to Chase/Wamu today to apply for a credit card since they're my bank, and got denied! I'm assuming it's cause I have no credit besides a paidoff 1 year college loan. She said to find a place with a higher interest rate cause they're easier to get approved by. I'm 21, full time student, beenat my job for almost 2 years. any tips?

Usually banks are a good place to go. Especially if you've banked with them for a while. Store cards. Preferably somewhere you actually shop at. I'vealways heard capitol1 has some lower level credit cards that aren't too bad but fairly easy to get. But in general if there is the option of a student cardthat's going to be the easiest. As far as building more credit, (could have been denied not because you have bad credit but not enough credit), is having acell phone bill, (or any other bill, insurance, car note, etc) in your name that stays paid off/up to date.

You can try a student Discover card, Capital One card or First Premier Bank card. They will start you off with a low limit. You could also start with a securedcredit card. Check Bank of America's site for more info.

I keep saying avoid CREDIT CARDS......but if u must, keep it low and pay it off every month!

Originally Posted by eight2one

I keep saying avoid CREDIT CARDS......but if u must, keep it low and pay it off every month!

I hate when people say this... Just be responsible with it. Check Capitol One. They approved me as a first timer.

Back
Top Bottom