eBay Best Offer? Counteroffer?

I recently made an offer on an item and the seller accepted my offer an sent me a counteroffer of $1. He said once the auction ends he will send me an invoice.

I'm unfamiliar with the best offer concept on ebay and I found a pair of jordans I was really interested in so I decided to make an offer. My question iswhat does him accepting my offer and sending me a counter offer mean. If I accept the counteroffer does that mean the auction ends immediately and the shoesare mine or does it mean it's still live until the date that it's supposed to end for the seller to wait and see if he gets a better offer?

sorry about this, but like I said I never won an auction this way before.

Thanks,
-Mike

nahhh

I don't mess with offers or ebay sales outside of eBay. You'll lose in the end, or get scammed.

If he doesn't handle the offers through the eBay system i'd just avoid it altogether

i think what hes trying to do is make the shoes end at $1 so he doesnt pay a lot in the eBay fees, and he will charge you the rest of the money on the shippingwhich he will adjust on the invoice.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i think what hes trying to do is make the shoes end at $1 so he does pay a lot in the eBay fees, and he will charge you the rest of the money on the shipping which he will adjust on the invoice.
thumbs up

Originally Posted by MJ23Forever

so if I accept it the shoes are mine and the auction will end right away?
yea, if you accept his offer, the auction ends. But make sure he has good feedback

Back
Top Bottom