EBAY experts, chime in real quick

so basically i bought a pair of shoes, turns out they were fakes , the seller said he would refund me 100% if i sent them back or if i wanted to keep them he would refund me the money that was paid for the shoes but not the shipping. So my question, is there any way to go about this where i dont have to pay to ship back? hes in canada so thats gonna cost even more and i dont feel like i should pay when its his fault

edit: got my refund with no problems after filing a dispute

so basically i bought a pair of shoes, turns out they were fakes , the seller said he would refund me 100% if i sent them back or if i wanted to keep them he would refund me the money that was paid for the shoes but not the shipping. So my question, is there any way to go about this where i dont have to pay to ship back? hes in canada so thats gonna cost even more and i dont feel like i should pay when its his fault

edit: got my refund with no problems after filing a dispute

you should pay for shipping at least one way....
if buyer expects you to pay return shipping, I would just open up a case with ebay buyer protection.

same thing happened to me a couple of months ago - i bought a north face that happened to be fake. i tried working it out with the seller but he expected me to pay shipping both ways. i would have paid one way and i told him that but he was mad stubborn. so i went through ebay buyer protection and they refunded me the full amount and even gave me a shipping credit so i could send it back to the seller without losing even $1. worked out pretty nice for me.

you should pay for shipping at least one way....
if buyer expects you to pay return shipping, I would just open up a case with ebay buyer protection.

same thing happened to me a couple of months ago - i bought a north face that happened to be fake. i tried working it out with the seller but he expected me to pay shipping both ways. i would have paid one way and i told him that but he was mad stubborn. so i went through ebay buyer protection and they refunded me the full amount and even gave me a shipping credit so i could send it back to the seller without losing even $1. worked out pretty nice for me.

Someone shipped me some shoes one time before on ebay and i just resold them to someone else *keep the lie going* but you should keep the shoes and get the refund and either sell them or tell him that you're gonna report him just to see what he will say

Someone shipped me some shoes one time before on ebay and i just resold them to someone else *keep the lie going* but you should keep the shoes and get the refund and either sell them or tell him that you're gonna report him just to see what he will say

did you pay "too good to be true money" for the fakes?

eBay sucks, if he didn't list 100% authentic he will win the dispute, eBay doesn't care they are all about the bottom dollar.

eBay sucks, if he didn't list 100% authentic he will win the dispute, eBay doesn't care they are all about the bottom dollar.

also not to thread jack but just figured id through this question out there. whats the best way or tips to save money. for example people selling an item for 1 dollar and having the shipping 200?

also not to thread jack but just figured id through this question out there. whats the best way or tips to save money. for example people selling an item for 1 dollar and having the shipping 200?

Originally Posted by StillIn729

nah, he said he honestly didnt know they were fakes

but i did file a dispute and dude didnt even put up a fight, just straight up refunded me
laugh.gif

anyway, thanks guys
smile.gif

but i did file a dispute and dude didnt even put up a fight, just straight up refunded me
laugh.gif

anyway, thanks guys
smile.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

laugh.gif

anyway, thanks guys
smile.gif
As someone thats bought and sold since 2001 I will tell you he (the seller) will NOT win a dispute just because he didn't list they were 100 percent authentic.  If their fake their fake.  In the future I would advise to use a credit card if you can when paying through paypal for goods on eBay.  The reason, if theres an issue with paypal having your back 9.9 times out of 10 your creditor will, just a tip.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

laugh.gif

anyway, thanks guys
smile.gif
As someone thats bought and sold since 2001 I will tell you he (the seller) will NOT win a dispute just because he didn't list they were 100 percent authentic.  If their fake their fake.  In the future I would advise to use a credit card if you can when paying through paypal for goods on eBay.  The reason, if theres an issue with paypal having your back 9.9 times out of 10 your creditor will, just a tip.

Last year my friend bought some fake gucci sneakers off ebay, after i proved to him it was fake, he didnt even want them anymore so now its just sitting in my closet
i wanna get rid of em for some cash but i def don't wanna fool someone.

Last year my friend bought some fake gucci sneakers off ebay, after i proved to him it was fake, he didnt even want them anymore so now its just sitting in my closet
i wanna get rid of em for some cash but i def don't wanna fool someone.

Back
Top Bottom