eBay Help.....

I recently started selling on eBay for some extra cash and on my first transaction UPS lost the package. Long story short I sold an item on 9/27 and now today 10/11 the item is finally found and shipped to the buyer.

But when I first noticed something was wrong with the package's progress I contacted the buyer but they never responded back.

The buyer had just registered their eBay account a few days prior to the transaction. The item was a BIN and they paid immediately.

Should I try contacting them again or attempt to directly email their PayPal email?

Only means of contact I have with them is their eBay and PayPal.

Thanks for any help.

Did the Buyer ever try contacting you? did they ever file a claim with ebay or paypal? if not I would just let the package get delivered and see if the buyer then tries to contact you.

Did the Buyer ever try contacting you? did they ever file a claim with ebay or paypal? if not I would just let the package get delivered and see if the buyer then tries to contact you.

Nope, the buyer has only paid for the item and thats it. I just feel like I should at least give them an update.

It wouldn't hurt to send them an update. That is good customer service. Plus it leaves a paper trail for ebay to know that you are doing what you can. Besides they haven't filed a claim or gotten a refund so you're good anyways.

Quick update: UPS found the package but the idiots are sending it back to me after I told them to send it to the buyer. Which I'm sending straight to the buyer through USPS this time.

And now to top it off the buyer left me a negative feedback simply saying "no good"

Dude didn't even respond to my message. I wonder did he even bother to track the package.

I NEED ADVICE GUYS!

Quick update: UPS found the package but the idiots are sending it back to me after I told them to send it to the buyer. Which I'm sending straight to the buyer through USPS this time.
And now to top it off the buyer left me a negative feedback simply saying "no good"
Dude didn't even respond to my message. I wonder did he even bother to track the package.
I NEED ADVICE GUYS!

alright bro I know how you feel I too am a seller on EBAY and been doing it for awhile...anyways here is my advice about the negative feedback you can get it actually reversed so your REP won't get hurt you can also reply to their negative feedback as well so others can see you are legit.

FIRST you'll need to resend them a revision form...email the buyer through ebay and let them know it's coming limit is 5 a year to prevent abuse http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/revision-request.html

if you want you can also go to the site map page on ebay http://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html

It's located on the right side column, in the first section.

"Request Feedback Revision" that's what you will look for... click on it...

HOPE this helps you bro LMK if you need more help :nthat: Good Luck bro!

alright bro I know how you feel I too am a seller on EBAY and been doing it for awhile...anyways here is my advice about the negative feedback you can get it actually reversed so your REP won't get hurt you can also reply to their negative feedback as well so others can see you are legit.
FIRST you'll need to resend them a revision form...email the buyer through ebay and let them know it's coming limit is 5 a year to prevent abuse http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/revision-request.html
if you want you can also go to the site map page on ebay http://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html
It's located on the right side column, in the first section.
"Request Feedback Revision" that's what you will look for... click on it...
HOPE this helps you bro LMK if you need more help :nthat: Good Luck bro!

Thanks bro just did that. I'm just hoping PayPal doesn't get involved and take action against me. I feel like I didn't even get to defend myself. I did what I was supposed to do and got the short end of the stick.

Thanks bro just did that. I'm just hoping PayPal doesn't get involved and take action against me. I feel like I didn't even get to defend myself. I did what I was supposed to do and got the short end of the stick.

I got paypal too for awhile as well...the thing with paypal is you got seller and buyer protection for a certain amount so you don't have worry bout the funds they will cover you on that. (IE the buyer pays but then 3-5 days later the funds are not available due to "insufficient funds" on the buyer's part)...the only thing that is a pain is when a case is open up both parties will see the case. Paypal will give both parties a chance to defend their side and when they decide who wins you get the money back plus the item in most cases unless you are selling a counterfeit merchandise. In short, you are covered and as long as you prove your case (in most cases seller wins if you ship) (buyer wins if item not received)...Just do this from now on when you sell document everything (click the box that says send a copy to your email) as evidence in case of problems that occur. ALWAYS provide a tracking # so they can't say they didn't get the item...Also as someone else said it's best to always keep the buyer/seller informed so that EBAY does see there is communication if there becomes an issue with the item.

I got paypal too for awhile as well...the thing with paypal is you got seller and buyer protection for a certain amount so you don't have worry bout the funds they will cover you on that. (IE the buyer pays but then 3-5 days later the funds are not available due to "insufficient funds" on the buyer's part)...the only thing that is a pain is when a case is open up both parties will see the case. Paypal will give both parties a chance to defend their side and when they decide who wins you get the money back plus the item in most cases unless you are selling a counterfeit merchandise. In short, you are covered and as long as you prove your case (in most cases seller wins if you ship) (buyer wins if item not received)...Just do this from now on when you sell document everything (click the box that says send a copy to your email) as evidence in case of problems that occur. ALWAYS provide a tracking # so they can't say they didn't get the item...Also as someone else said it's best to always keep the buyer/seller informed so that EBAY does see there is communication if there becomes an issue with the item.

Thanks for the help. Guess there's nothing else to do but wait at this point.

i remeber your post a few weeks back, glad they found your package.

send the buyer a message seeing if he wants the item still, if not then relist is on ebay.

UPS is the absolute ******g worst.

For some reason they don't recognize my address in their system, so my packages get sent to the suggested address that pops up.

I've lost supplements, shoes, and god knows what else. :smh:

Edit:

:smokin SN.

Last edited:
That negative feedback hurts especially since I'm a new seller. The ironic thing is that this person literally lives a few blocks away from me. Feel like knocking on their door and hand delivering one of these

Last edited:
That negative feedback hurts especially since I'm a new seller. The ironic thing is that this person literally lives a few blocks away from me. Feel like knocking on their door and hand delivering one of these
Request their phone number from ebay/paypal. Contact them. Mention in the conversation that they live less than 5 minutes from you and you would like to come pick up your item or the money.

Back
Top Bottom