eBay Problem Vol. Phone Verification

I've been on a buying spree since Nov 2010 and i've racked up about 30+ transactions the past 3 months. Anyhow, I was on my way on bidding for a few more last week when I couldn't place a bid anymore. A popup comes out saying eBay needs to verify my phone number (the one that's listed in their system).

Problem is, whatever number I put (landline, mobile, with or without country and area codes, etc), eBay deems it invalid and therefore, it cannot be verified.

I'm at 120+ feedback with almost 100% positive, so I doubt it has to do with having a bad feedback rating.

Anyone have trouble with eBay regarding this?

I've been on a buying spree since Nov 2010 and i've racked up about 30+ transactions the past 3 months. Anyhow, I was on my way on bidding for a few more last week when I couldn't place a bid anymore. A popup comes out saying eBay needs to verify my phone number (the one that's listed in their system).

Problem is, whatever number I put (landline, mobile, with or without country and area codes, etc), eBay deems it invalid and therefore, it cannot be verified.

I'm at 120+ feedback with almost 100% positive, so I doubt it has to do with having a bad feedback rating.

Anyone have trouble with eBay regarding this?

ebayph has been extremely problematic for me lately as well. about two weeks ago anytime i try to put up a listing i get this message:

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

Thank you for choosing eBay.

In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are limited in the number of certain items you may list in a 30 day period.

Sellers who have a consistent positive selling history of such items may be eligible to have these limits raised. If you would like eBay to review your limits or if you have any additional questions, please email us at Customer Support.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look forward to a continued successful relationship with you.

Click here for a window with more information on eBay’s listing guidelines.
[/td][/tr][/table]
this is a total head scratcher for me.i have 222 feedbacks at a 100% positive clip.i have 7 positive feedbacks for the month.why the hell am i getting this message?

i contacted ebays customer service numerous times and i get the same BS.

i hope they get everything straightened out asap because this is getting extremely infuriating.

ebayph has been extremely problematic for me lately as well. about two weeks ago anytime i try to put up a listing i get this message:

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are limited in the number of certain items you may list in a 30 day period.

Sellers who have a consistent positive selling history of such items may be eligible to have these limits raised. If you would like eBay to review your limits or if you have any additional questions, please email us at Customer Support.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look forward to a continued successful relationship with you.

[/td][/tr][/table]
this is a total head scratcher for me.i have 222 feedbacks at a 100% positive clip.i have 7 positive feedbacks for the month.why the hell am i getting this message?

i hope they get everything straightened out asap because this is getting extremely infuriating.

An ebay rep just called me a few days ago trying to verify me...I wasn't using my ebay account for a couple of months and then I used it again...He was Indian and I was surprised he knew the date I opened the account and the last time I used it. He just verified my address and that's it....I'm really not sure if the rep was an ebay rep or a hacker or  this is their new way of verifying accounts....
ohwell.gif

An ebay rep just called me a few days ago trying to verify me...I wasn't using my ebay account for a couple of months and then I used it again...He was Indian and I was surprised he knew the date I opened the account and the last time I used it. He just verified my address and that's it....I'm really not sure if the rep was an ebay rep or a hacker or  this is their new way of verifying accounts....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by EMM23

ohwell.gif

this indian dude also called me a week ago, i thought he was Sam YG
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EMM23

ohwell.gif

this indian dude also called me a week ago, i thought he was Sam YG
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

encountered the same problem regarding my primary telephone number. they asked me to verify it but once oyu go ahead and do it they would tell you that the numbe ris invalid no matter what number you use. so what i did is send ebay a message about the problem then after a day or two an indian agent who said that he was from ebay.ph also called me, asked for my ebay id and address then told me that my problem has been resolved so after that call i opened my ebay account and the pop out page bout my telephone number issue disappeared. i received a PM in my inbox from an indian agent and here's an excerpt from the message:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay. This is Sreekanth and I am happy to
assist you further with your concern on your account access issue.

Thank you for responding to our request for updated registration
information.

Your contact information has been updated in our records. You do not
need to take any additional action to resolve this situation.

We very much appreciate your time in addressing this issue.

I trust the information provided useful. Do let us know, if you have any
questions

Regards,

Sreekanth R
eBay Southeast Asia Community Support

so thats my experience. i hope this would help or serve as a reference to fellow NTers.

peace out

encountered the same problem regarding my primary telephone number. they asked me to verify it but once oyu go ahead and do it they would tell you that the numbe ris invalid no matter what number you use. so what i did is send ebay a message about the problem then after a day or two an indian agent who said that he was from ebay.ph also called me, asked for my ebay id and address then told me that my problem has been resolved so after that call i opened my ebay account and the pop out page bout my telephone number issue disappeared. i received a PM in my inbox from an indian agent and here's an excerpt from the message:

Hello,

information.

questions

Regards,

Sreekanth R

so thats my experience. i hope this would help or serve as a reference to fellow NTers.

peace out

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

[/td][/tr][/table]

This is also happening with my account. i've contacted ebay but here's what they said:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay's Customer Support. My name is Vaibhav and
allow me the opportunity to assist you in your concern.

In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are
occasionally placed on listings. As part of this effort, a selling limit
has been placed on your account. These limits monitor certain types of
items and seller?s performance in selling these items. I can't be more
specific regarding the items affected as these limits are variable. You
won't be able to list these items at all. However, you should still be
able to list different items.

As part of our effort in maintaining a safer place for buying and
selling, we ask that our members demonstrate how they are able to meet
the needs of their customers while still following all eBay policies and
guidelines. This creates a positive environment for both buyers and
sellers and protects sellers from competing with others who may not be
following eBay policies.

Sellers who have a consistent positive selling history of such items may
be eligible to have these limits raised. In order to have the selling
limits raised, you need to have:

?An established, positive selling history
?No history of VeRO or Infringement violations
?No concerns with PayPal account

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look
forward to a continued successful relationship with you.

Regards,

Vaibhav

eBay Southeast Asia Trust & Safety

-------

What should i do? Thanks in advance...

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

[/td][/tr][/table]

This is also happening with my account. i've contacted ebay but here's what they said:

Hello,

following eBay policies.

?An established, positive selling history
?No history of VeRO or Infringement violations
?No concerns with PayPal account

Regards,

Vaibhav

-------

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

[/td][/tr][/table]

Same thing happened to me before. I remember opening multiple tabs simultaneously to relist unsold items. I've been doing this for quite sometime until I got that message. My theory is to allow a couple of sec before relisting another item. I think they are monitoring the time interval of your activity.JMTC

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

[/td][/tr][/table]

Same thing happened to me before. I remember opening multiple tabs simultaneously to relist unsold items. I've been doing this for quite sometime until I got that message. My theory is to allow a couple of sec before relisting another item. I think they are monitoring the time interval of your activity.JMTC

Originally Posted by superswag

Hello,

information.

questions

Regards,

Sreekanth R

peace out

Thanks Dan. I will try this out.

Originally Posted by superswag

Hello,

information.

questions

Regards,

Sreekanth R

peace out

Thanks Dan. I will try this out.

Originally Posted by i3asuncion

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

[/td][/tr][/table]

Hello,

following eBay policies.

? An established, positive selling history
? No history of VeRO or Infringement violations
? No concerns with PayPal account

Regards,

Vaibhav

-------

happened to me last year. you just have to wait out the 30-day period and you're good to go. such a huge hassle though.

Originally Posted by i3asuncion

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

[/td][/tr][/table]

Hello,

following eBay policies.

? An established, positive selling history
? No history of VeRO or Infringement violations
? No concerns with PayPal account

Regards,

Vaibhav

-------

happened to me last year. you just have to wait out the 30-day period and you're good to go. such a huge hassle though.

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

[/td][/tr][/table]

same thing happen to me before. Walang kwenta ang chat support nila
mad.gif
.....need to speak to a live person using their 1 - 800 number. Try to use Magic Jack to call them.

Attention Sellers:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Attention Seller:

[/td][/tr][/table]

same thing happen to me before. Walang kwenta ang chat support nila
mad.gif
.....need to speak to a live person using their 1 - 800 number. Try to use Magic Jack to call them.

Back
Top Bottom