Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

Im good on ebay cause of deadbeat buyers where they keep your kicks and get your money

Looks like this only for DS kicks, anything used ill stick to goat or offer up for selling

Im good on ebay cause of deadbeat buyers where they keep your kicks and get your money

Looks like this only for DS kicks, anything used ill stick to goat or offer up for selling

There’s no way to avoid buyers from scamming? The no fees thing is super attractive. I want to get rid of some shoes, but I’m unfamiliar with where to sell them.

It’s becoming really rampant on eBay now. I had another buyer try to run game by saying that the shoes I sold him were worn when clearly the shoes were Ds, I provided detailed pics etc. eBay seems like they honor the broke boy buyers instead of the sellers.

It’s becoming really rampant on eBay now. I had another buyer try to run game by saying that the shoes I sold him were worn when clearly the shoes were Ds, I provided detailed pics etc. eBay seems like they honor the broke boy buyers instead of the sellers.

eBay, is now having sneakercon authenticate the shoes for you. So you ship to them and then they verify the shoes for you. After that they ship the shoes to the buyer.

Hopefully that puts and end to all these scammers trying to 1up the seller.

I also only sell to people with 10+ feedback

Just ordered a pair of Jordan 1’s Co.JP from a seller with less than 10 reviews. It will go through the authentication process.

We’ll see how this goes..

I’ve been wanting to clear some old sneakers out. But while I’ve been selling on eBay for years, I haven’t bothered selling sneakers on there for years.

It’s been way more headaches selling sneakers in the past for me than any other thing I’ve sold. It’s a crappy customer base in that more often than not you’re selling to kids who have poor buying habits, don’t have the money on hand to pay, and think either not paying or trying to pull frivolous returns is acceptable behavior.

Unless it’s buy it now immediate payment required, if it’s an auction or best offer listing, it’s literally 50/50 if the buyer will pay. Even as a buyer I’ve had sellers try to cancel sales, I’m guessing because they sold for more elsewhere or whatever reason. But it’s always issues with sneakers on eBay. Hopefully that verification system could weed out a lot of the nonsense.

My items or your items are touching too many palms lately ever since sneakers became a billion dollar industry. Everyones looking for a slice of the pie of the culture that WE helped build. Nobody back then could tell me now that this is the game that we grew up with and expect to hold down. Corporations are evil. I’m not.

Just ordered a pair of Jordan 1’s Co.JP from a seller with less than 10 reviews. It will go through the authentication process.

We’ll see how this goes..
How was your experience? Were you able to leave a feedback for the seller?

I sold an item last week that requires this service but not really needed since it's not a Jordan or Yeezy. I was not allowed to contact the buyer. He didn't have a state in his profile and with this they don't show their address, so I looked up his name, he's in Cali like me but have to ship to NY where they're at. I'm paying more for shipping than I would to same state. To top it off tracking hasn't updated for nearly 6 days. I sold a pair two days after with no authentication and buyer in Jersey got them 2 days ago.

They have added more shoes and lessened selling amount that go through this process, so not strictly Jordans/Yeezy and $200+. Sold new PG3 for $100.
If they taxing 20% for this service I'm not selling that requires it.

I wonder if it voids any returns. Essentially they could authenticate and the buyer could still claim they’re not. What’s the point?

How was your experience? Were you able to leave a feedback for the seller?

I sold an item last week that requires this service but not really needed since it's not a Jordan or Yeezy. I was not allowed to contact the buyer. He didn't have a state in his profile and with this they don't show their address, so I looked up his name, he's in Cali like me but have to ship to NY where they're at. I'm paying more for shipping than I would to same state. To top it off tracking hasn't updated for nearly 6 days. I sold a pair two days after with no authentication and buyer in Jersey got them 2 days ago.

They have added more shoes and lessened selling amount that go through this process, so not strictly Jordans/Yeezy and $200+. Sold new PG3 for $100.
If they taxing 20% for this service I'm not selling that requires it.

As a buyer I liked it. I copped some Jordan's for the first time off eBay in a while, and on top of that it was from a seller with less than 10 stars. It took about extra 7 days but It was worth it for the peace of mind.

I just sold some kicks for over $350, It's going to be intresting seeing this from a sellers perspective.

Why the **** I get a 1099 from eBay today? I thought that was only if you sold 20K or more? I think I'm at around 9K for 2020, anyone else got one from eBay or can be helpful? I'm gonna contact eBay tomorrow and find out why I got one.

Just copped pair of off white unc’s
From ebay, gonna go through authentication process, we’ll see how long it takes & what the exp is

Why the **** I get a 1099 from eBay today? I thought that was only if you sold 20K or more? I think I'm at around 9K for 2020, anyone else got one from eBay or can be helpful? I'm gonna contact eBay tomorrow and find out why I got one.

It should be $20,000.00 and 200 transactions. Did you get one from eBay with less than those numbers?

It should be $20,000.00 and 200 transactions. Did you get one from eBay with less than those numbers?

Yes

I haven’t called yet but it said something about those numbers OR if you’ve had sales that involved credit cards? So I’m assuming some of my bigger sales people used credit cards and I have to pay taxes on that.

Yes

I haven’t called yet but it said something about those numbers OR if you’ve had sales that involved credit cards? So I’m assuming some of my bigger sales people used credit cards and I have to pay taxes on that.

You sure it isn't Paypal that sent you the 1099? Unless you have some other payment processor that you are using for other stuff, I am assuming you were using Paypal. People can pay through Paypal with a credit card, but Paypal is the payment processor.

The general rules for this are here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/understanding-your-form-1099-k

If you have been receiving direct payments via credit cards, then you would get a 1099 regardless of the amount.

If you have only been receiving payments via a payment processor (such as Paypal), then you should have to reach the following thresholds to get a 1099: over $20,000.00 and 200 transactions. (HOWEVER, I think certain states have different requirements; see link below.)

The reason I am curious here is because I am wondering if eBay is the one who sent the 1099 to you. eBay started doing the "managed payments" thing last year, So, in theory, if you only received payments through eBay, then eBay should only send you a 1099 if you went over both thresholds UNLESS you live in one of the states listed here: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/f...d Form 1099-K&intent=1099&lucenceai=lucenceai

If you were using Paypal for eBay transactions and other transactions, then it is possible that your eBay transactions that were done using Paypal as the payment are being included on the 1099.

I have these customs listed on eBay. Some buyer offered and I accepted. He proceeds to message me if they’re real, and I told him yes. He asks if he can return them if they’re not, and I told them they’re not fake and my listing clearly says no returns. He says if they’re real I’ll keep them, if they’re fake I’ll return them. I had to repeat myself to this hard headed *** that there’s no returns.

Then he tries to pull some **** outta his *** saying “you’re the seller you should know if it’s real or fake, and I have the right to return them if they’re fake.”

I proceeded to tell him they’re real and I’m not going to go through the hassle if he claims they’re fake and possibly scam me to keep the shoes and get his money back. Told him I’ll save me the peace of mind and sell to a confident buyer and cancelled that transaction:lol:.

I’m honestly thinking of just pulling my listings, I’m getting paranoid of these buyers. Knock knock on wood, but I haven’t ran into these scammers yet but I was aware I may almost have dealt with one in this guy:smh:.

what state are you in? i got hit by one via paypal. my account was still under an IL address and apparently, IL is one of the states that once you reach 1k in payments, you get an auto 1099 sent. im no longer in IL but i doubt paypal gives a flying f**k to change anything. they dont even list the states that dont go by the 20k 200 transaction rule. think the other one is MA.

EDIT: just checked, NOW PayPal lists the states. last time i checked was around sept or oct 2020 just to double check everything before 2021 hit, smh!

Back
Top Bottom