Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

This thing is terrible and just another reason not to use eBay. Doubled the time it takes to get shoes, cant message the person. Idk who thought this was a good idea.

eBay is more and more trash for sellers. I’m not a 12 year old. I don’t need someone to make sure the shoes I bought from footlocker are real. “Authentication” for shoes has always looked like a cash grab for me. Ain’t no ****ing experts on this lol. The experts are the kids making the shoes in the sweatshops

You sure it isn't Paypal that sent you the 1099? Unless you have some other payment processor that you are using for other stuff, I am assuming you were using Paypal. People can pay through Paypal with a credit card, but Paypal is the payment processor.

The general rules for this are here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/understanding-your-form-1099-k

If you have been receiving direct payments via credit cards, then you would get a 1099 regardless of the amount.

If you have only been receiving payments via a payment processor (such as Paypal), then you should have to reach the following thresholds to get a 1099: over $20,000.00 and 200 transactions. (HOWEVER, I think certain states have different requirements; see link below.)

The reason I am curious here is because I am wondering if eBay is the one who sent the 1099 to you. eBay started doing the "managed payments" thing last year, So, in theory, if you only received payments through eBay, then eBay should only send you a 1099 if you went over both thresholds UNLESS you live in one of the states listed here: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/ebay-form-1099k?id=4794&st=3&pos=1&query=eBay and Form 1099-K&intent=1099&lucenceai=lucenceai

If you were using Paypal for eBay transactions and other transactions, then it is possible that your eBay transactions that were done using Paypal as the payment are being included on the 1099.

The 1099 says eBay all over it, it’s not from PayPal.

In the summer or fall, eBay switched up their payments and you can pay directly with your credit card.

All of my sales aren’t on this 1099, it’s most just big sales which I’m assuming buyers paid with credit cards for them and it only shows my sales that were towards the end of the year (when they changed their payments) and not the whole year.

So I’m assuming I’m getting this 1099 for credit card sales which I didn’t know was a thing. I also don’t know how you can sell on GOAT or Stock and they use credit cards but not get a 1099

And yes, I hate this authenticator BS. I used to get my **** quick, now I gotta wait two weeks to get some shoes. The good thing is it will cut down on fraud. No more of, I was sent the wrong shoes or not as described scam but I don’t need my shoes authenticated. I know more than the kids doing the checks.

Does anyone know if there will be an option to get your shoes authenticated? I’d rather not. It would be cool if the buyer could choose.

this system is a ****ing joke

waiting on my “customized” shoes to be delivered today

Had a pair of legit shoes at a good price just fail authentication as a buyer. No idea what’s going on anymore.

So you’re saying that eBay said the shoes that you are going to buy our fake?

they didn’t even give a reason other than “Our authentication partner received your item from the seller but, unfortunately, it didn’t pass inspection. This happens when the item doesn’t match the listing description or they are not able to confirm the authenticity of the item.”

It was of a shoe that I feel very comfortable telling whether they are legit or not from pictures, and they were definitely legit. Either they sent something of the wrong size, or something else. I have no idea what it could have been.

This thing is terrible and just another reason not to use eBay. Doubled the time it takes to get shoes, cant message the person. Idk who thought this was a good idea.

Pretty sure they finally got tired of the complaints. So many crooked Buyers/Sellers. It's just gotten worse these last 10 yrs. First started off with a lot of sellers sending fakes. Now more and more buyers have flipped the script claiming;

• They never received the shoes
  • Shoes are fake
  • They changed their mind and want their money back (they'll either send back fakes or they'll ship back when they get the money first, which they'll just try and keep the shoes)

The 1099 says eBay all over it, it’s not from PayPal.

In the summer or fall, eBay switched up their payments and you can pay directly with your credit card.

All of my sales aren’t on this 1099, it’s most just big sales which I’m assuming buyers paid with credit cards for them and it only shows my sales that were towards the end of the year (when they changed their payments) and not the whole year.

So I’m assuming I’m getting this 1099 for credit card sales which I didn’t know was a thing. I also don’t know how you can sell on GOAT or Stock and they use credit cards but not get a 1099

Ok, just to make sure... are you using eBay's managed payment program?

My understanding from everything that I have read is that, when you opt into eBay's managed payments, all payments still go through eBay. I am aware that buyers can pay with credit/debit cards through eBay's managed payments (they can also do that through Paypal)... but those payments are still supposed to go through eBay. eBay is supposed to act as the "payment processor" for all payments when you are using eBay's managed payments. For example, see: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/choosing-get-paid/accepting-credit-debit-cards?id=4185

If you did not hit the $20,000.00/200 transaction thresholds, I am guessing you are in one of the states that has lower thresholds, such as these:
  • Arkansas - $2,500 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • District of Columbia - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Illinois - $1,000 in gross payments and a minimum of 4 transactions
  • Maryland - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Massachusetts - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Mississippi - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • New Jersey - $1,000 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Virginia - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Vermont - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
If not, then I have no idea why you received a 1099-K.

Ok, just to make sure... are you using eBay's managed payment program?

My understanding from everything that I have read is that, when you opt into eBay's managed payments, all payments still go through eBay. I am aware that buyers can pay with credit/debit cards through eBay's managed payments (they can also do that through Paypal)... but those payments are still supposed to go through eBay. eBay is supposed to act as the "payment processor" for all payments when you are using eBay's managed payments. For example, see: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/choosing-get-paid/accepting-credit-debit-cards?id=4185

If you did not hit the $20,000.00/200 transaction thresholds, I am guessing you are in one of the states that has lower thresholds, such as these:
  • Arkansas - $2,500 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • District of Columbia - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Illinois - $1,000 in gross payments and a minimum of 4 transactions
  • Maryland - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Massachusetts - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Mississippi - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • New Jersey - $1,000 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Virginia - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
  • Vermont - $600 in gross payments with no threshold on the number of transactions
If not, then I have no idea why you received a 1099-K.

Is this new? I’ve made way more than $600 for years but never gotten a 1099.

Thanks for your help.

Sold some shoes last month.

The authentication place is in queens, NY

The whole process prolongs shipping time to the buyer

The positive is that you don't pay a selling fee if it sold for $120 or more I believe

Its taking much longer now with this authentication system, and various delays shipping companies get during the pandemic :smh. I would have got my sneakers within a week, now its been 17 days since I ordered. It will take approximately 19 days when I get it.

Yeah I'm sure buyers are put off by the transit times now. If you're a seller though, I wouldn't f**k with the program though because then your seller protection that sucks anyways will pretty much be voided.

eBay is more and more trash for sellers. I’m not a 12 year old. I don’t need someone to make sure the shoes I bought from footlocker are real. “Authentication” for shoes has always looked like a cash grab for me. Ain’t no ****ing experts on this lol. The experts are the kids making the shoes in the sweatshops
:lol:.

Is this new? I’ve made way more than $600 for years but never gotten a 1099.

Thanks for your help.

Not sure, I am not in any of those states. It seems like a few of those have had those lower thresholds for a while, whereas other states (such as Virginia) just added it last year.

I’ve been selling on eBay for years and just recently sold some shoes for the first time since they switched away from PayPal.

It took ebay a week and a half to deposit the money into my account.

That’s officially the last time I sell anything on eBay.

I bought a pair about 6 months ago using eBay’s authenticity program. Took about the same time for me to get the shoes as Goat. I buy from Goat all the time so no complaints from me.

I copped some yeezy 500 highs. Took like a week longer. But came with some peace of mind. I def wish it was a quicker process though. Can't cop anything ya need right away

I copped some yeezy 500 highs. Took like a week longer. But came with some peace of mind. I def wish it was a quicker process though. Can't cop anything ya need right away

oh you a kanye boi? makes sense now

I’ve been selling on eBay for years and just recently sold some shoes for the first time since they switched away from PayPal.

It took ebay a week and a half to deposit the money into my account.

That’s officially the last time I sell anything on eBay.

Don’t get the hate on eBay especially for sellers sure the payout time is longer but we literately ain’t paying no fees . No more 9 percent eBay fee and 3 percent PayPal fees . Once you ship the shoes out and they get checked ur protected no charge backs no scams .

Back
Top Bottom