Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

Just had my first negative experience with the authentication process...

Bought a pair last night through an offer that the seller sent. The listing had the authentication badge and everything. After checking the tracking, I noticed that it's being sent to me and not eBay first. I call eBay just to get an explanation on why it's not being authenticated and was told that because the shoes were sold by best offer and not buy it now, that voids the authentication process. I then told them that that didn't make sense because another pair that I bought on the same day was bought through an offer and it is being sent for authentication. Then I was told well it's just an error on their end and sometimes sales with offers work and sometimes they don't.

Sounds to me like they just don't know what the hell happened and didn't want to say that. Thankfully, I am not worried that the shoes are fake, but it's still not a good sign.

Just had my first negative experience with the authentication process...

Bought a pair last night through an offer that the seller sent. The listing had the authentication badge and everything. After checking the tracking, I noticed that it's being sent to me and not eBay first. I call eBay just to get an explanation on why it's not being authenticated and was told that because the shoes were sold by best offer and not buy it now, that voids the authentication process. I then told them that that didn't make sense because another pair that I bought on the same day was bought through an offer and it is being sent for authentication. Then I was told well it's just an error on their end and sometimes sales with offers work and sometimes they don't.

Sounds to me like they just don't know what the hell happened and didn't want to say that. Thankfully, I am not worried that the shoes are fake, but it's still not a good sign.
The shoes I sold were best offer. Still got authenticated

Suddenly stockx is extra strict with slightly ripped boxes and missing hangtags smh
I hope ebay is not

Tried to sell my Kaeps on Stockx but it didnt pass cuz the keychain. I thought no problem maybe they didnt see it (it was at the bottom of the box instead of on the shoes). Some MAGA stole my keychain when I got it back and I had no proof so I took the L.

copped some off white unc 1’s for good deal. Process went smooth and only took few weeks. I can wait some time if it brings me peace of mind and good for sellers so buyers wont scam them.

i still checked on check check app to be sure but all legit lol

0C19605C-F348-435B-B6F8-E3FF0085177B.jpeg
C3A1F457-5785-44CE-96F7-3621EB839748.jpeg

Suddenly stockx is extra strict with slightly ripped boxes and missing hangtags smh
I hope ebay is not
It’s all on who’s authenticating

I seen this in recently torn boxes and went through

still haven’t been rejected by stockx in years and that’s where I usually send stuff with flaw or messed up boxes

Had a pair of Lamarcus Aldridge Hyperize PE’s I sold go through verification. Went smooth, but would love to know what minimum wage cat who was probably not born when I started collecting Blazer pe’s in NY is the expert on pairs they have never seen before.

wtf has this happened to anyone else?

I bought shoes on ebay. shipping said 9.95.

I go to check out and it says shipping is 23.99

wtf?

did the seller do that or did ebay do that?

wtf has this happened to anyone else?

I bought shoes on ebay. shipping said 9.95.

I go to check out and it says shipping is 23.99

wtf?

did the seller do that or did ebay do that?

Ive seen it change before. I just assumed it was eBay putting a general shipping price, and then when you go through checkout it updates the shipping with your address. No idea, that’s the way I rationalized the change.

Ive seen it change before. I just assumed it was eBay putting a general shipping price, and then when you go through checkout it updates the shipping with your address. No idea, that’s the way I rationalized the change.
thats the first time its ever happened to me in 20 years. I asked the seller about it and he has yet to respond

ok with help from the seller I think I figured out the problem here

authenticity can only be done if you buy it now or the seller sends you an offer or counter offer and you accept

if you send the seller a best offer and he accepts there is no authenticity and it reverts back to the shipping price he would pay to send to you and he would send directly to you

authenticity can only be done if you buy it now or the seller sends you an offer or counter offer and you accept

if you send the seller a best offer and he accepts there is no authenticity and it reverts back to the shipping price he would pay to send to you and he would send directly to you
A buyer sent me a best offer over the weekend and I accepted. I had free shipping on my item though. I shipped them on Monday and they are going to an authenticator.

copped some off white unc 1’s for good deal. Process went smooth and only took few weeks. I can wait some time if it brings me peace of mind and good for sellers so buyers wont scam them.

I mean it’s a good idea but the checkcheck app is fairly newer I don’t think we should just automatically trust it

I tried to use the ebay coupon YOUSAVEFIVE
$5 off, expires 3/26 11:59pm and now it didn't work, but worked before when I tried checking out. :lol:. Tried with the debit card, no success. Ebay was pretty good back in the day.

EEC4E5BC-AC66-4880-A9C9-7817FE6B1400.gif

wheres the authenticity tag?

Back
Top Bottom