Eddie Huangs "fresh off the boat" ...new abc sitcom

^^^ i love that show.

Seen em all.

Reminds me of bourdains no reservations (fav show ever)

Yeah Fresh Off The Boat now Huang's World is definitely a more youthful version of Bourdain's show.

Did anyone catch the first episode of Season 2 on Tuesday? It was pretty decent, the grandmother had the funniest scenes.

The episode wasn't too bad. I noticed they toned down on the accents? Also, I have a crush on the mom.

Man.....I hate to say it but I just lost steam on this show just cause I know they are going to butcher it since Eddie's not part of it. I don't see this show going far. I feel like this season will have a drop over the first and the last season will be next year.

Eddie seems to be concentrating finally on his Vice show which is what really made him. He also did this Scion interview with Cam. They just shoot NBA talk:

Man.....I hate to say it but I just lost steam on this show just cause I know they are going to butcher it since Eddie's not part of it. I don't see this show going far. I feel like this season will have a drop over the first and the last season will be next year.

Eddie seems to be concentrating finally on his Vice show which is what really made him. He also did this Scion interview with Cam. They just shoot NBA talk:
He's taking forever to drop season 3 of Huang's world on vice tho.  On that Detox timeline

Considering the lack of promotion for this season, I'd agree.

I'll still watch it.

not sure if show is weird without his narration or im just used to his voice being a part of it... season 2 will be very different from season 1. Blee dat.

Last nights episode just felt off.
Really can't explain it.
I have a feeling ABC is trying to purposely make this a generic, vanilla sitcom to sell to middle America.
It almost feels like how they did Margeret Cho back in the day. Have a feeling The Ken Jeong show will be the same, sadly..

Eddie's little brothers make me laugh

Boyz II Men montage

http://abc.go.com/shows/fresh-off-the-boat/video/most-recent/VDKA0_dzvedwaf

..nailed it 
laugh.gif
​ 

Last edited:
I have a feeling ABC is trying to purposely make this a generic, vanilla sitcom to sell to middle America.

I agree but ABC is right tho America can't relate to a Chinese kid going through discrimination and trying not to turn "white". Now they're trying to sell the show as a family first type show rather focusing on Eddie and his struggle. More people can relate to family rather than a Chinese kid getting made fun of for bringing weird lunches

I agree but ABC is right tho America can't relate to a Chinese kid going through discrimination and trying not to turn "white". Now they're trying to sell the show as a family first type show rather focusing on Eddie and his struggle. More people can relate to family rather than a Chinese kid getting made fun of for bringing weird lunches

If the show was called "Meet the Huangs", then I get it but it's called Fresh Off The Boat which is the whole idea that it should be based off of immigrant struggles in America. And Americans don't need to relate to shows anymore. It's all about content that makes shows successful. I don't think there is that many people that can relate to the people in Empire or Modern Family. They all have to look at it in the broad sense. The morals in episodes are all the same even if it's dressed in a Chinese family or whoever the characters are.

With Eddie gone they don't have that authentic POV for the writing.

I guess they could hire someone but even then, how authentic would it be?

I feel that in the sense "middle" America can't relate but if you are a minority, we have all had similar struggles in trying to assimilate to mass culture.
Maybe it's just where I was raised(the bay and Houston) but I have seen my homies face discrimination( not on par with mine) but I have seen the ignorance thrown at them.
Especially my brother from another mother, who is Filipino.
What got me watching was seeing how hip hop culture influenced others and then I peeped Eddie's book and he seems like a good dude and his story I can relate because I saw some of his experiences not only in my house but some of my homies as well. It's room for all cultures and ethnicities to be portrayed on tv without watering down the message. That's why I really can't watch Blackish[emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]
I still enjoy Fresh off the Boat but I really wish they could have let this man shine with His story. Sadly I don't see this making five seasons but I hope I'm wrong.

Have his brothers ever appeared on his vice shows? Wondering if they are dimilar to him now or are totally different.

Last edited:
The vice shows are basically just him, but his brothers are heavily involved at the Bauhaus business and they seem to be all real close but more chill than him.

Have his brothers ever appeared on his vice shows? Wondering if they are dimilar to him now or are totally different.
They've appeared briefly. Like @br0keballer said above, his brothers basically take care of the Baohaus business.

His parents are hilarious and gives no dambs. Remind me a lot of my own.

Last edited:
The season has been mediocre. The accent of the mother is slowly disappearing.

Kinda little racist or overplaying the stereotype.

None the less bao haus is bomb

My friends and I have been wanting to get some food from baohaus. Sandwiches / buns look bomb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom