EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie

Eddie is Riddler in new Batman

By GORDON SMART
and JESS ROGERS

Published: Today

The Beverly Hills Cop star, 47, has been signed up by British director CHRISTOPHER NOLAN to reprise the role played by JIM CARREY in 1995's Batman Forever.

The surprise move follows speculation linking Pirates of the Caribbean star JOHNNY DEPP to the part.

The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.

Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.

CHRISTIAN BALE will return as Bruce Wayne, while MICHAEL CAINE will again play Bruce's assistant Alfred.

Meanwhile, Brit RACHEL WEISZ is said to be up for the Catwoman role.

Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers.

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER - tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in Batman Returns.

A film insider said: "Chris wasn't sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion.

"Eddie's a fantastic addition. Everyone's excited to see what he does as the Riddler."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...izarre/article2048300.ece

SNN1803GX1-280_684409a.jpg

Need a source before I believe this.

"No racist", but a black Riddler? And Shia as Robin?

I thought Depp was fine.

probably not

pretty sure nolan said he'd never have robin in any batman film he does
bale would walk out

I dont know about this maan.

If its true, that is. I doubt that some "insiders" would leak the ending cliffhanger this early.

But then again, I doubted Heath, too
frown.gif

indifferent.gif
the ps would've been better for it to be believed and the story
sick.gif
you clearly wrote the names in cause of caps..
smh.gif

That's GOT to be fake...because nolan said robin wasn't going to be in any of the new batman movies as long as he was working on them because itssuppose to be the "early" batman age before robin even appears....as for eddie murphy as the riddler...smh...(no racist)

Back
Top Bottom