Elder Scrolls Online MMO Coming Next Year

Bethesda will release a massively multiplayer online version of its popular The Elder Scrolls series next year for PC and Mac, Game Informer reports today.

Set a millennium before the events of Bethesda's last The Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls Online will take place across all of Tamriel during a time when daedric prince Molag Bal is wreaking havoc on the realm. The game will feature three player factions and PvP combat. Presumably you'll be able to travel across the entire world of The Elder Scrolls—Game Informer mentions recurring areas Elsweyr, Skyrim, and Cyrodiil as locations in the MMORPG.

"We have been working hard to create an online world in which players will be able to experience the epic Elder Scrolls universe with their friends, something fans have long said they wanted," director Matt Firor said in a press release. Firor previously worked on fantasy MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot. "It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years. The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

This is the first project from developer ZeniMax Online Studios, which was founded in 2007.

Rumors earlier this year suggested that The Elder Scrolls Online would be unveiled this May and that Bethesda would show more about its upcoming MMO at this year's E3 gaming conference. An earlier rumor also suggested that the game's three factions are represented by a lion, a dragon, and a bird of prey.

Game Informer promises more details in its upcoming June issue, which goes on sale next week.

http://m.kotaku.com/59073...-online-coming-next-year

eek.gif

I will be putting in for a vacation for the week that this releases and boarding up my windows. Goodbye world. It was real.

Doesn't even look like Elder Scrolls. Looks like generic MMO #5986...pass.

I will never understand the hype w/ these Elder Scrolls games.

So %+!#+%@ boring.

Originally Posted by Hyper

So %+!#+%@ boring.
Thought the same til I played Skyrim. Weeks just doing side quest. Being a werewolf >>>>*

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by Hyper

So %+!#+%@ boring.
Thought the same til I played Skyrim. Weeks just doing side quest. Being a werewolf >>>>*

I played Skyrim and it put me to bed, literally.

I should play it now actually, because I'm tired as *+%$ and cant seem to fall asleep.

I just can't seem to get into anything that has elves, hobbits or wizards in it.

Same reason I cant stand LotR.

Originally Posted by Cool Grey

What about that Fallout 4 though.

Hi, TomBradysTheGOAT.

How you doing, bud?

What's Skyrim like though? Is it something you can jump right in if you not up on the story? I thought about copping.

Originally Posted by USAFAnt

What's Skyrim like though? Is it something you can jump right in if you not up on the story? I thought about copping.

I think of it as a medieval Fallout. I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games but I do like Skyrim.

Elder Scroll games require patience and imagination. A lot of people get turned off because they get overwhelmed and not know what to do so it seems "pointless" to them. Happened to me when I started playing Morrow Wind. The upside is it's a lot more fun and rewarding than all these braindead shooters.

On the topic...Bethesda isn't developing this, some other developer is and I've read they completely missed the point of the ES series. It's not how you think it is, which is Elder Scrolls but with actual people. It's more of a generic MMO wit Elder Scrolls setting and lore. There's still hope but take that for what it's worth.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Elder Scroll games require patience and imagination. A lot of people get turned off because they get overwhelmed and not know what to do so it seems "pointless" to them. Happened to me when I started playing Morrow Wind. The upside is it's a lot more fun and rewarding than all these braindead shooters.

On the topic...Bethesda isn't developing this, some other developer is and I've read they completely missed the point of the ES series. It's not how you think it is, which is Elder Scrolls but with actual people. It's more of a generic MMO wit Elder Scrolls setting and lore. There's still hope but take that for what it's worth.
Just crushed all of my hopes 
tired.gif

^ People who have played the beta have come out and said it feels like skyrim and that your character still plays as the hero, its looking like its not a generic mmo we can only hope it comes out good

Lets get this thread going more info has come out

^ People who have played the beta have come out and said it feels like skyrim and that your character still plays as the hero, its looking like its not a generic mmo we can only hope it comes out good

Lets get this thread going more info has come out

Nice try, ES representative

:lol: nice one i will be one of the first to return the game if its wack

But if its legit and good i wanna be rolling with NT

Back
Top Bottom