ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by theyhatinonme

There should not be any criteria to vote other than what there is. I sort of think we should let felons vote almost.

Yes lets let the very people who violate the laws, help make them
indifferent.gif
The system is not exactly perfect. Almost everybody has broken the law at some point in their lives and just not got caught. I think it deservesserious consideration to maybe let felons vote.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^
laugh.gif
@ America being corrupt for the last 8 years. You need to go back a little farther than the year 2000 to find the origin of American political corruption my friend.

Either way, I can't believe tomorrow is the day. Whoever wins I hope they get it by tomorrow night...I don't want to wait til Wednesday or even later!

same here, i'm already hyped up as it is.

anyone know how long the lines are going to be this year? i heard of dudes on the radio saying expect a 2-3 hour wait.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

What has that right exactly brought?

More single parent households? More poverty? More Black men in jail for non violent crimes?

The 'vote' isn't as significant as people think.

Nice GENERALIZATION of the black community.
indifferent.gif

yes lets go back prior to 1965.. blacks sit in the back of the bus, no voting rights, segregation of public schools, is that what you prefer? Less rights more oppression?

atlanta-taylor-washington-1963b.jpg

Wait so i point out the continuing injustices in regards to the Black community by our government and that's a
indifferent.gif
?
Nt's too good. Has me
roll.gif
all the time.

btw I edited my post 30 seconds later to add :
I'm glad that this particular injustice was remedied but vote doesn't necessarily equal "awesome" in all instances.

More single parent households? More poverty? More Black men in jail for non violent crimes?

indifferent.gif

yes lets go back prior to 1965.. blacks sit in the back of the bus, no voting rights, segregation of public schools, is that what you prefer? Less rights more oppression?

Wait so i point out the continuing injustices in regards to the Black community by our government and that's a
indifferent.gif
?
Nt's too good. Has me
roll.gif
all the time.
I forgot who I am posting to.. you're the lil kid with the sarcastic tone.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solnevins

wow...yall some elitist bastards..

what the hell makes you think you are more qualified to vote because youre college educated..thats dumb..the average american doesnt even have a college degree so its dumb to not have them participate. they will be the ones most effected in the long term.

we all have our reasons for voting for barack or for mccain..but you cant chastize someones reasoning.its their personal right to vote for someone for whatever reason they want. they already exclude ppl with felonies which in my opinion is ******ed..our prison system is meant to rehilbilitate however the right to vote is taken away from you as soon as you hit the streets
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Everyone's been given the right to vote in order to lessen uprisings/ revolutions. Voting is not as "powerful" as people think. Diluting the vote makes it even less "powerful".
Chopping heads off is way more powerful. Believe it or not.
laugh.gif

This country is as corrupt as ever. Are there even hints of any uprisings? The powers just have the people playing their game.
Why are people less mind +#*++! and brainwashed in totalitarian states? Is there a positive relationship between being mind +#*++! and having the right to vote?
grin.gif

eek.gif
Wow...Did this guy really say we should make votingharder? That is the most elitist,racist,sexist statement I've heard on NT. People have fought,suffered and died for the right to vote. Soliders that youmight not think are educated or qualifed enough have fought and died for this country so you can sit around and write this nosense on sneaker bulletin board.You should be ashamed! Now that your candidate might not win,you say change the rules? Nobody was complaining when dumb hicks were voting George W.Bush becausethey thought he was cowboy.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
?
Nt's too good. Has me
roll.gif
all the time.
I forgot who I am posting to.. you're the lil kid with the sarcastic tone.
laugh.gif

We're all little kids on NT.
frown.gif

Well except Geronimo. He's a toddler.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by nosoLe

Yea, honestly, the polls won't come in for couple weeks I bet, either its going to be rigged, or some State is gonna f*ck up again. aka Rig.
sad but the same way i feel...ain't no way we get a clear cut winner that quick

call me pessimistic or whatever but my first voting experience was being proud to vote for Kerry like i was making a difference and then watching that nonsensego down- and now with an epic election like this? i can only picture worse-

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by solnevins

wow...yall some elitist bastards..

what the hell makes you think you are more qualified to vote because youre college educated..thats dumb..the average american doesnt even have a college degree so its dumb to not have them participate. they will be the ones most effected in the long term.

we all have our reasons for voting for barack or for mccain..but you cant chastize someones reasoning.its their personal right to vote for someone for whatever reason they want. they already exclude ppl with felonies which in my opinion is ******ed..our prison system is meant to rehilbilitate however the right to vote is taken away from you as soon as you hit the streets
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Everyone's been given the right to vote in order to lessen uprisings/ revolutions. Voting is not as "powerful" as people think. Diluting the vote makes it even less "powerful".
Chopping heads off is way more powerful. Believe it or not.
laugh.gif

This country is as corrupt as ever. Are there even hints of any uprisings? The powers just have the people playing their game.
Why are people less mind +#*++! and brainwashed in totalitarian states? Is there a positive relationship between being mind +#*++! and having the right to vote?
grin.gif

eek.gif
Wow...Did this guy really say we should make voting harder? That is the most elitist,racist,sexist statement I've heard on NT. People have fought,suffered and died for the right to vote. Soliders that you might not think are educated or qualifed enough have fought and died for this country so you can sit around and write this nosense on sneaker bulletin board. You should be ashamed! Now that your candidate might not win,you say change the rules? Nobody was complaining when dumb hicks were voting George W.Bush because they thought he was cowboy.

yes...yes..yes...
Elitist, sexist, racist...

I was complaining back then too.
I even voted for Kerry.I thought that he was somewhat genuine.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Yea, honestly, the polls won't come in for couple weeks I bet, either its going to be rigged, or some State is gonna f*ck up again. aka Rig

. The white man always wins.

a)This white man is McCain
b)The white man is behind Obama
c)The White man is behind this all
d)all of the above you choose!!!!!!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

ive been on NT since 2001-%@*...

the 2000 election didnt garner "they need to change everyone's right to vote"

the 2004 election didnt garner "they need to change everyone's right to vote"

all of a sudden the 2008 election is....

I WONDER WHY........

it's alright man, just accept it....american citizens of legal age can vote....don't be salty they're not voting how you WANT them to....

don't advocate for stripping a right of american citizens since the late 1700s either....

just breathe, and let it go....seriously.

Let's not make things up here.

btw, maybe all of us weren't on here in 2000 or even 2004.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

ive been on NT since 2001-%@*...

the 2000 election didnt garner "they need to change everyone's right to vote"

the 2004 election didnt garner "they need to change everyone's right to vote"

all of a sudden the 2008 election is....

I WONDER WHY........

it's alright man, just accept it....american citizens of legal age can vote....don't be salty they're not voting how you WANT them to....

don't advocate for stripping a right of american citizens since the late 1700s either....

just breathe, and let it go....seriously.
yea if anything those elections proved that its bigger than the "people's vote" so more criteria wont matter

The reason we have the electoral college is because there are not enough regulations on criteria for voting.

People who say their vote doesn't count anyway are missing the point.

More criteria = More power not less.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

The reason we have the electoral college is because there are not enough regulations on criteria for voting.

People who say their vote doesn't count anyway are missing the point.

More criteria = More power not less.
+1

More criteria = less illusions that "democracy" will save us after getting #@%$%! every 4 years.

I'm still dumbfounded. For the people saying there should be more restrictions on voting, what should they be? I just don't get it. With what thiscountry has gone through for everyone to have those rights, you just want to take them away because they don't meet some arbitrary qualification that youthink they should have? And quit bringing up felons as an example of people who can't vote. They did have that right at one time, and they lost it due totheir own actions. This isn't about power, this is about rights.

Originally Posted by SFN 155

I'm still dumbfounded. For the people saying there should be more restrictions on voting, what should they be? I just don't get it. With what this country has gone through for everyone to have those rights, you just want to take them away because they don't meet some arbitrary qualification that you think they should have? And quit bringing up felons as an example of people who can't vote. They did have that right at one time, and they lost it due to their own actions. This isn't about power, this is about rights.

Rights for what? To vote in elections they have no idea of the issues on?

Not sure where this thread is going, but I don't see Obama losing this. I'm ok with it, I like most of his social policies, I like his speakingability, I just don't like his economic policies. However, due to the current situation, I think he will modify them, more to my liking. Not thatMcCain's econ policies are perfect. I won't get excited however when he "wins". Ideas don't excite me, results do. I just want (whomeverwins) to get this country motivated and get the markets rolling (as much as they can with the natural downturn). Honestly, the local issues will affect me morethan reps/pres, but still cool to be a part of a presidential election (my 3rd!)

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

Originally Posted by SFN 155

I'm still dumbfounded. For the people saying there should be more restrictions on voting, what should they be? I just don't get it. With what this country has gone through for everyone to have those rights, you just want to take them away because they don't meet some arbitrary qualification that you think they should have? And quit bringing up felons as an example of people who can't vote. They did have that right at one time, and they lost it due to their own actions. This isn't about power, this is about rights.

Rights for what? To vote in elections they have no idea of the issues on?

Incredible

Let's get to know our next President a bit better since he's a bit shy about revealing his true self.

Some hw for NT:

Antonio Gramsci
Saul David Alinsky

common denominator? sneaky Marxists.

Don't say you weren't warned.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom