Em's The Eminem Show APPRECIATION

s0lefunk

Supporter
Been a minute since I gave Em some spins but earlier this week I went back and played through SSLP, MMLP, ES and I forgot how nice of an album Eminem Show is. Em evolved on this one but still brought the controversy. All together, this is my favorite Em cd with MMLP in a close second.

Superman (forgot how
pimp.gif
this song is)
Sing For The Moment
Say Goodbye Hollywood
Til I Collapse
When The Music Stops
Say What You Say
Soldier
Cleanin Out My Closet
White America
Drips

Surprised no one has said MMLP>ES yet. Both are good album but I think Em's maturation on ES made the album more listenable and complete.

IMO...

Eminem Show > all his other stuff.

Eminem Show > MMLP > SSLP > Encore

Encore =
sick.gif

I don't know I kinda feel MMLP more . . . But its hard to compare the 2, I was in high school when MM dropped so it was a lil more apporapriate, but I findmyself enjoying Eminem Show more now, cause he was honestly on some $$#% . . . Its mature, but its still Em but he's looking at it from a more worldlypoint of view instead of the angry backpacker

Eminem Show > MMLP > SSLP > Encore
Not to take away any value from the first 3 but I'd put it MMLP > SSLP > TES > Encore jsut because of that raw emotion from MMLP Ireally like that and incredile lyrics of SSLP but those 3 are all classics in my eyes.

When ES first dropped I thought MM was better, mainly because of the beats...but after really listening to the lyrics on ES, it's his best work to date.

As much as I loved The Eminem Show, I don't think any of the tracks on that album can hold up to Stan or The Way I Am

I still feel like ems verse on Drips is one of his best...and most overlooked.
For all the stuff he talks about killing and slapping**%!$%%%...then he goes in the opposite and starts off the verse with

"Now I don't wanna hit no women when this chick's got it comin'
Someone betta get this @#%!% 'fore she gets kicked in the stomach
And she's pregnant, but she's eggin' me on, beggin' me to throw 'er
Off the steps on this porch, my only weapon is force
And I don't wanna resort to violence of any sort
But what's she shovin' me for? Doesn't she love me no more?
Wasn't she huggin' me four minutes ago at the door?
Man I'm this close to goin' toe to toe with this %%%@#..."

THE MARSHAL MATHERS LP AND EMINEM SHOW ARE BY FAR THE BEST 2 ALBUM HE EVER DID NO MATTER WHAT

His first 4 albums are classic. sadly enough they're the reason for his downfall. Because in these he 3 he fully explored every persona he developed as arapper.

Make another MM SSLP INFINITE OR EMINEM SHOW??? he cant!!! it would be nothing more than a watered down version of what he already has out. eg encore was aslim shady lp attempt.

I suggest he
develop another persona.
stick to wacky story songs that make no sense produced by dre.
have all 3 of his personas battle each other to die in the end thus exiting from the rap game except for the occasional guest appearence.

Back
Top Bottom