End of an Era...Niketalk is finished

EZBOARD didn't make NT......YUKU didn't make NT....it's the members and community. You could have NT in an oldschool AIM chatroom and it would feel like NT.

People always want to be on the next thing or the cool minority.....same folks complaining about how wack the new site is were probably the ones vying for a change the most. Did people think NT would stay the same forever? Stop being so rigid and go with the flow.....adapt or get left behind, the way the world works.

Also, you guys should take the time and "follow" or simply read Method Man's posts in the last 48 hours. I don't think you guys even know what's going on between NT and yuku at the moment. The staff has put a lot of work into moving everything and everyone off of yuku, and the fight still continues. Now's not the time to be complaining about the layout.

besides, If you haven't already done so... do this...

OPEN A THREAD --> PREFERENCES --> VIEW FORUM'S FULL WIDTH --> YES

Hopefully this makes it easier for you to read the forums. Everyone's done it already and it's worked across the board.

... and how did this new site destroy NT? Because the posters are the same, the mods are the same, and the topics are the same. Are you upset with the layout? If you think the only difference between ISS and NT was the layout then you NEVER really knew what NT was about in the first place.

i browsed NT back in 02 and joined 03 and I'm not an old school NT member, but i do remember when NT was just starting to get a lot of members around 02, but it wasn't as "overpopulated" like in 05+. There were more quality threads in sneaker cat. forums and the general had waaay more interesting/entertaining threads than today. And like I said before, compared to ISS, NT's layout was way more simpler with less sub-categories.
I don't really visit NT much these days, but it is still disappointing to see NT like this. Maybe I'm very conservative and I don't like drastic changes.

if this new site confuses you using the microwave must confuse you as well. :smh:

Probably using windows 98

bj6v7.png

Change and transition are tough....but if NT stayed the same since the first time I visited in 2000, I would have never joined a few months later and would have never stayed for over a decade. I come and go from time to time, but it's good to see the site advance and evolve. Maybe if more members were positive/contributing members.....the site would be even better?

EZBOARD didn't make NT......YUKU didn't make NT....it's the members and community. You could have NT in an oldschool AIM chatroom and it would feel like NT.
People always want to be on the next thing or the cool minority.....same folks complaining about how wack the new site is were probably the ones vying for a change the most. Did people think NT would stay the same forever? Stop being so rigid and go with the flow.....adapt or get left behind, the way the world works.

GIFSoup

If any of y'all are still complaining... then just add 'yuku' after 'niketalk'

Problem Solved. Thank me later!

Last edited:
Have to say i much prefer the new site. Vast improvement on the old one. Cheers guys

And to everyone moaning about it, it is all good and you will get used to it

Its not ISS. Its still Niketalk. The wailing and moaning confirms this!

I have the same problems as "jehims" I can barely read & now we have a blog looking NT! As a youth my peers would laugh everytime it was my turn to read aloud in class because I couldn't. All a sudden I log into NT and it's a new world.

Seems pretty cool after a little adjustment time and the initial shock of change has worn off.

Back
Top Bottom