engagement /marriage thread.

Yo them Sikh weddings is no joke. I saw some pictures of a friends engagements party and THAT looked like it was a grip haha. 

got married on the 10th of this month on wailea beach in maui. we've been together for over 4 years and we have a 1.5 year old son so i figured it wasn't going to be nothing but a formality. when i said my vows i choked up :frown: caught me way off guard :lol:

this is my wife and i with my son wrapped in a nice sling on her back.
View media item 1227056

Last edited:

yeah man decorations for like 5 days is gonna be a cool 12-15k
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the extended family chip in and help out too? 
Yes you're spot on.

Technically the only thing the mens side has to worry about is the reception.

But I'm covering the Cinema, photo guys for all events,

Which is like 15k.

Her fam is gonna handle the rest besides the reception.

Going to start talking to my girl's father about these expenses :lol:

Plan on formally proposing Xmas and get married next summer

Going to start talking to my girl's father about these expenses
laugh.gif

Plan on formally proposing Xmas and get married next summer
Dope!. I did the same thing. Proposed a few days before Christmas and married the following November.

Get married next year. Sept 2015.

Looking at a 100k wedding.

Probably gonna do the reception in the marriot downtown in my city.

We figured out the cinema company, photographer.

Still working on colors we wanna wear.

Sikh weddings are so damn confusing 
laugh.gif

Please tell me you're a millionaire brah
No 
laugh.gif

This is a conservative number when it comes to indian wedddings. There's ALOT to do. 

I'm also factoring in all the different clothes you have to buy. Also the liquor.

I know some familys that have done it in 250k.

^^^ Are you guys' familes pitching in at least. I'm sincerely concerned about you brah. :lol:

Last edited:

Get married next year. Sept 2015.

Looking at a 100k wedding.

Probably gonna do the reception in the marriot downtown in my city.

We figured out the cinema company, photographer.

Still working on colors we wanna wear.

Sikh weddings are so damn confusing :lol:

View media item 1207841

Please tell me you're a millionaire brah
No :lol:

This is a conservative number when it comes to indian wedddings. There's ALOT to do. 
I'm also factoring in all the different clothes you have to buy. Also the liquor.

I know some familys that have done it in 250k.

View media item 1207841

Man yaw ill spending 50k , 100k on a weddding. aint no way in heck I'm spending that much, then again i been with my chick for a long time so a wedding is really nothing

We are getting married but we only spending about 6k..

Skip that, I can buy another house for 50 or 100k

we are probably going to get married in Las Vegas or on a party boat. her aunt is going to marry us. Have a Dj on the boat, lots of food, beer and liqiuor and lets cruise lake michigan and party off into the night and call it the day. The boat i think cost about $2,500 for the day/night

We been eyeing different wedding packages in las vegas like this one..http://www.theweddingchapeloflasvegas.com/las-vegas-wedding-specials/

yea im cheap

Last edited:
I hear Latin weddings are great on the pocket's...

Spending 10k then 40k on House + 50k on life changing trip >>>> 100k on wedding.

Africans be spending a grip on weddings. Well west Africans....I've been to just the receptions and them ***** be crazy...

Low key the reason I won't propose to my girl...I'm not spending all that but I know the family pitches in a lot :x

youngdoc youngdoc I'll start planning the Bachelor party. Bottles on Mike!

Posting for a few years :wow:

Bachelor party Vegas Summer 2017 - XS Nightswim, EBC, Omnia?

We're still on track for engagement summer 2016 and wedding summer 2017 (late june). BP can be early June post MDW

Africans be spending a grip on weddings. Well west Africans....I've been to just the receptions and them ***** be crazy...

Low key the reason I won't propose to my girl...I'm not spending all that but I know the family pitches in a lot :x

my family broke. I know they aren't pitching in jack

:smh:

Knew a dude that spent 10 of thousands on a wedding and was living in an apartment in the hood with a whip that was creeping on a junkyard come up.

How people blow so much money on such a thing confuses the **** outta me. I mean dude could have put that money toward a house. Homie was on some sucker **** anyway though.

I just don't know what people get out of feeding a bunch of folks they never kick it with like that and stunting like royalty for one day. I don't care if I was a millionaire, I couldn't spend my money like that. For some pictures? Mannnnn please.

Yall act like I want to spend that much :lol:

If it was up to me is have 50 people on a destination wedding and spend maybe 15-20k

Put 15k towards honeymoon. And the rest on a house.

But my parents are on that, let's just do your guys marriage right steez. And my girl is getting uber excited about it. But I agree that it's absolutely a waste of money to feed tons of people you don't like it care for

I wish I could do it my way :lol:

i'm glad we didn't go the expensive route. we already pay close to 20k/year for my son's day care and he has a nice college fund started. i'd rather not have to skimp on his education or life experiences because we spent all of that money on a wedding :lol:

5 years from now, it won't matter how much our rings/ceremony cost, but it will matter if we can provide the best possible options for my son's personal growth and development.

everyone is different though. it's all good. main thing is that man and wife treat each other with love, respect and kindness.

If it was up to me is have 50 people on a destination wedding and spend maybe 15-20k

But my parents are on that, let's just do your guys marriage right steez. And my girl is getting uber excited about it. But I agree that it's absolutely a waste of money to feed tons of people you don't like it care for

But...... You CAN do it your man you the main man in this **** better make those manly *** decisions fam

And congrats :pimp: :pimp:

But...... You CAN do it your man you the main man in this **** better make those manly *** decisions fam

And congrats :pimp: :pimp:

Indian culture is much different then here.
I got no choice basically. I'm lucky that I'm doing a love marriage, (5 years together now). Some of my family didn't have a choice and they had an arranged marriage.

Back
Top Bottom