Engineering Majors?

What's up fellas? Anyone in here majoring or majored in Environmental Engineering? Also, I'm currently taking Precal and I'm kind of struggling. Im worried as I know that it will only get harder from here, especially when I reach Cal 2 [emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]. My professor is always joking and saying that if we can't handle it we should go the business route. I'm actually considering business right now lol. Any tips?
If I were you I'd switch my major to a different engineering. I have a friend that can't find a job with that degree, it really isn't marketable. 

Not sure if every school is the same but environmental engineering was built into civil engineering at my university. But if you're struggling in pre-cal you may want to choose a different route forreal. Because it's going to get ALOT harder and if you can't grasp the concepts now you may not fare well in the many different calculus courses and even some of the engineering courses. Don't mean to doubt you but if you aren't willing to devote long hours consistently to study and understand the information it may not be for you.

IF YOU ARE A ENGINEERING MAJOR OR STILL TAKING CLASS IN ENGINEERING COURSES, PM ME FOR DETAILS. I AM WILLING TO PAY MONEY.    
I have zero problems offering my advice, but I will not offer homework help. That is what office hours are for. Please learn to interact and engage with your classmates, TAs and professors. 

I also refuse to help you cheat during exams via whatsapp or groupme, like your PM to me suggested. 

People like you are the reason why engineering degrees are so diluted nowadays. Learn the material or please leave the field. You're making it bad for the rest of us. 

I have zero problems offering my advice, but I will not offer homework help. That is what office hours are for. Please learn to interact and engage with your classmates, TAs and professors. 

I also refuse to help you cheat during exams via whatsapp or groupme, like your PM to me suggested. 

People like you are the reason why engineering degrees are so diluted nowadays. Learn the material or please leave the field. You're making it bad for the rest of us. 
lol.  Dude.  What is all that for? you woke up on the wrong side of the morning?
laugh.gif

well hell YEAH i need help.  HELL YES I am looking to  CHEAT on this exam. 

everybody has a completely different life and might be going thru something during the semester, ever thought of that?  

Nobody has a "easy" semester esp in engineering.  

If you don't wanna get paid, say no thanks simple as that. 

If i look like the sour apple, you should see kids in CUNY Baruch college that are doing WAY worse (including drugs like adderall) just to pass an exam.

My life doesn't only doesn't involve around college like other people man.

lol.  Dude.  What is all that for? you woke up on the wrong side of the morning?
laugh.gif

well hell YEAH i need help.  HELL YES I am looking to  CHEAT on this exam. 

everybody has a completely different life and might be going thru something during the semester, ever thought of that?  

Nobody has a "easy" semester esp in engineering.  

If you don't wanna get paid, say no thanks simple as that. 

If i look like the sour apple, you should see kids in CUNY Baruch college that are doing WAY worse (including drugs like adderall) just to pass an exam.

My life doesn't only doesn't involve around college like other people man.
Then you're in the wrong major. Simple as that. 

I don't want to get paid pennies by you because I actually busted my butt in college, got TWO engineering degrees, and am now reaping the rewards of my hard word. And never once did I cheat on an exam. 

Then you're in the wrong major. Simple as that. 

I don't want to get paid pennies by you because I actually busted my butt in college, got TWO engineering degrees, and am now reaping the rewards of my hard word. And never once did I cheat on an exam. 
Congratulations bro, I'm dead happy for you.  You've got a great memory not to ever cheat on an exam props to you.  But...I am a completely diff person than you unfortunately. 
smokin.gif

My strengths are in C++ and computer hardware.  There is gonna be some classes you gonna be awesome at and some you gonna be strugglin' in!  Math aint my strong suit bruh, I get by in it real talk.  And it allll comes down to how the teacher is teaching it.  

And payin pennies? haha you didn't even ask my offer.
pimp.gif

Don't get mad at me baby.

Wait you're engineering and taking pre-cal in college?
Yeah man, I honestly never thought I was going to major in engineering so I didn't take the classes necessary in high school.

If I were you I'd switch my major to a different engineering. I have a friend that can't find a job with that degree, it really isn't marketable. 
Really? They keep saying how Environmental Engineering is supposed be in high demand in the coming years because of how rapidly the climate is changing. If you don't mind me asking, where does your friend live?

Not sure if every school is the same but environmental engineering was built into civil engineering at my university. But if you're struggling in pre-cal you may want to choose a different route forreal. Because it's going to get ALOT harder and if you can't grasp the concepts now you may not fare well in the many different calculus courses and even some of the engineering courses. Don't mean to doubt you but if you aren't willing to devote long hours consistently to study and understand the information it may not be for you.

It's about the same at my school the CE and Environmental have about the same courses except I believe environmental students take a bit more science. I was actually thinking about that though, I think I'll actually take the business route. I try to be as realistic as possible with myself.

Congratulations bro, I'm dead happy for you.  You've got a great memory not to ever cheat on an exam props to you.  But...I am a completely diff person than you unfortunately. 
smokin.gif

My strengths are in C++ and computer hardware.  There is gonna be some classes you gonna be awesome at and some you gonna be strugglin' in!  Math aint my strong suit bruh, I get by in it real talk.  And it allll comes down to how the teacher is teaching it.  

And payin pennies? haha you didn't even ask my offer.
pimp.gif

Don't get mad at me baby.
Why don't you just switch to CS if your strong suite is programming.

@Gallopinto3 we live in the DC area, but she is applying for jobs all around the country.

Last edited:
@Gallopinto3
we live in the DC area, but she is applying for jobs all around the country.
[/quote]
From what I heard all the jobs are out west. Do you know what her speciality is in? Hydro is in high demand.

Why don't you just switch to CS if your strong suite is programming.

@Gallopinto3 we live in the DC area, but she is applying for jobs all around the country.
Naw, computer engineering has way more offers.  Some engineers told me they wished they chose the computer engineering route.  Tech is boomin !  

I aint afraid to ask for help, I have no shame in it. If a dog had the answers, best believe i'll be the first to ask that dog.  We don't make it to the top by ourselves.  There is always that one person or group that helps you reach the goal.  It can be a simple person motivating you....As they say, there is MANY ways to get to the top.  I'll do whatever it takes.

Lol I'm aware tech is boomin. Software is tech. There are much more opportunities for Software Engineers than Computer Engineers, and most CE's end up in software positions after graduation. I even know older CEs that switched careers to become software guys because the opportunities and pay is much better.

Just doesn't make sense for someone to stay CE if you're strong suit is programming, but goodluck.

Man literally running on 4 hours of sleep on these past 2 days ... Calc 3 & Physics test back to back , just imagined if I would've taken differential also . I literally have to request 4 days every other week to study .

Last edited:
What's up fellas? Anyone in here majoring or majored in Environmental Engineering? Also, I'm currently taking Precal and I'm kind of struggling. Im worried as I know that it will only get harder from here, especially when I reach Cal 2 [emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]. My professor is always joking and saying that if we can't handle it we should go the business route. I'm actually considering business right now lol. Any tips?

Aye, man, stick through Pre-Cal, :lol:. I failed Pre-Cal, or got a D, when i took it in college, but i managed to stick throughout and grind it out. The funny thing though is i passed the CR test (Calculus readiness test) before i could get into Calc 1, but failed the course, :lol:. Anyways, here i am, recently graduated in December 2015 with a degree in Electrical Engineering, focusing on Power.

Aye, man, stick through Pre-Cal, :lol:. I failed Pre-Cal, or got a D, when i took it in college, but i managed to stick throughout and grind it out. The funny thing though is i passed the CR test (Calculus readiness test) before i could get into Calc 1, but failed the course, :lol:. Anyways, here i am, recently graduated in December 2015 with a degree in Electrical Engineering, focusing on Power.

Damn that's dedication

Yep, everybody has that class that just flat out sucks. Fluid mechanics killed me b

M.E. here, graduated in 2011. If I had to do college over again, I would have paid attention in some classes much more than I did. I simply didn't think some classes would be useful down the road but boy was I wrong. 

Work hard. Enjoy college. It goes by all way too quick. It will pay off though.

M.E. here, graduated in 2011. If I had to do college over again, I would have paid attention in some classes much more than I did. I simply didn't think some classes would be useful down the road but boy was I wrong. 

Yep. People say you don't use what you learned in college once you start working.

Couldn't be further from the truth IMO. There's a reason all the engineers in my office keep their college textbooks at their desk.

I would highly advise grabbing a free copy of the FE exam reference manual off their website. It's comprehensive across most subjects and is extremely useful.

Yep, everybody has that class that just flat out sucks. Fluid mechanics killed me b

I'm doing well in fluids but it looks like I'm gonna have to drop heat and energy transfer. Dude really boned the whole class on the test and I doesn't look like I'll Be able to recover

I'm doing well in fluids but it looks like I'm gonna have to drop heat and energy transfer. Dude really boned the whole class on the test and I doesn't look like I'll Be able to recover

I'm the opposite. Fluids was my worst and heat transfer was my best :pimp:

Killing graduate level heat transfer right now. You'll find that a lot of the concepts overlap. Especially once you get into convection and have to model boundary layers

I'm the opposite. Fluids was my worst and heat transfer was my best
pimp.gif

Killing graduate level heat transfer right now. You'll find that a lot of the concepts overlap. Especially once you get into convection and have to model boundary layers
How are you liking EP man? I took the semester off lol.

Registering for my summer course in a few weeks though

I'm the opposite. Fluids was my worst and heat transfer was my best :pimp:

I axtually understand most of the material. I guess I just didn't have a mastery of it. Teacher pulled a curve bal and completely change the construct of the questions he was asking. A lame move on his part but I shoulda been able to adjust

How are you liking EP man? I took the semester off lol.
Registering for my summer course in a few weeks though

I'm actually really digging it so far. It's really easy to get into a routine with the way it's structured. And our professor has us participate in a discussion board every other week which allows me to sharpen up my technical writing ability and interact with other people in the industry.

Course is really straight forward as well. Read the text, watch the lectures, do your homework.

I'm actually really digging it so far. It's really easy to get into a routine with the way it's structured. And our professor has us participate in a discussion board every other week which allows me to sharpen up my technical writing ability and interact with other people in the industry.

Course is really straight forward as well. Read the text, watch the lectures, do your homework.
Nice I'm glad you like it. I'm not motivated enough for the online courses lol I'm switching back to on campus.

I may have to take a few online courses, because they don't offer many on campus courses during the summer.

Yep. People say you don't use what you learned in college once you start working.

Couldn't be further from the truth IMO. There's a reason all the engineers in my office keep their college textbooks at their desk.

I would highly advise grabbing a free copy of the FE exam reference manual off their website. It's comprehensive across most subjects and is extremely useful.

i think it depends...I worked the electrical side of MEP for a couple years and there def was a lot of stuff i did in college that just didn't apply. programming, signal processing, calc, diff eq, digital comm...matlab, etc.

but at the same time i realize that is construction. a real EE job like one you'd get from say lockheed, or mathworks, or intel or boeing, could def incorporate a lot (if not all) of what you'd learn in school.

man if I could do it all over again, i'd go medicine, specifically PA. didn't know what a PA was back then, and my engineering GPA is below a 3 so w.e at this point (schools don't give AF if u got an engineering degree). having said all that, im proud i made it thru the program, and as a minority where people judge a book by its cover, that EE degree commands respect.

Last edited:
Guys whats some tips to work the EIT? I didnt study the first time and didnt pass so I am going to start going on a grind. I bought the review book and gonna go one small section a day for a few months. 

What yall think?

Back
Top Bottom