ENVY 14/17 (Real Macbook Pro Killer)

I love these kinda threads.

Apple stans mob together looking like...

angry-mob.jpeg

laugh.gif

^ well said,  but i still don't understand the constant jabs at the "mac fanboys" and their ignorance over real tech... ive grown tired of hearing that everytime someone prefers "this over that".. its flooding the internet like crazy.. lets just leave it alone, yea? 
smile.gif

^ well said,  but i still don't understand the constant jabs at the "mac fanboys" and their ignorance over real tech... ive grown tired of hearing that everytime someone prefers "this over that".. its flooding the internet like crazy.. lets just leave it alone, yea? 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

yes the design is a blatant ripoff of the MBP....but in terms of value, the envy wins.  hands down.  posting from my brand new envy 14 that i got two days ago.  try to configure a MBP with my specs:

i5-450m
6gb RAM
320gb HD 7200rpm
ATI 5650
Intel 6200 Wireless N

i paid under $1000 after taxes/fees/discounts.  you can't even get an i5 MBP without paying at least $1800 before taxes
grin.gif

and if you like osx > windows, you can take the $800+ you just saved and buy the standalone osx
Which discount did you use?  Are you on NotebookReview?  I've been following the E14 for 3 months, lol.  Now I'm just seeing how the first batch of units are working out for people; from what I've read the general consensus is positive/living up to the expectations.  I'm so mad I missed the 30% cash back from Bing last week
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

yes the design is a blatant ripoff of the MBP....but in terms of value, the envy wins.  hands down.  posting from my brand new envy 14 that i got two days ago.  try to configure a MBP with my specs:

i5-450m
6gb RAM
320gb HD 7200rpm
ATI 5650
Intel 6200 Wireless N

i paid under $1000 after taxes/fees/discounts.  you can't even get an i5 MBP without paying at least $1800 before taxes
grin.gif

and if you like osx > windows, you can take the $800+ you just saved and buy the standalone osx
Which discount did you use?  Are you on NotebookReview?  I've been following the E14 for 3 months, lol.  Now I'm just seeing how the first batch of units are working out for people; from what I've read the general consensus is positive/living up to the expectations.  I'm so mad I missed the 30% cash back from Bing last week
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Guppetto

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Its not about the specs, its about the OS.
Exactly ...

So what exactly can one do in OS X that just doesn't exist in Windows 7 that is giving you such an incredible experience. See I have both and short of thinking you're cool for having a dock that makes the icons bigger when you hover over them, I'm not buying it at this point in my life. The experience with the OS, is that cool feeling the marketing department sold you for $1700. Or maybe it was the cute girl in the apple store saying go ahead and join the family; don't you want to be cool like me
laugh.gif
. Face it, all you do is open a web browser, type an address, and use your eyes and two right fingers to scroll. Guess what, you can do the same thing on a PS3.

Oh let me guess, you're a design student, well last time I checked the CS suit is available on Mac and Windows and works exactly the same.

Oh, wait, you make music, um read the previous statement.

And of course now you'll probably go to the old stability and speed of the OS crap Steve Jobs feeds you every 120 days when he needs to sell you something new. Ah yes, I'm familiar with this line of thinking every time someone in my family wants me to buy some new Apple cool point products to show off to their other 13-19 year old friends. Yeah there was a time when Windows wasn't so stable but short of you putting a bunch of bloatware on the box, W7 doesn't run one bit slower than OS X.

The Experience: How to brainwash a kid in 3 marketing slides or less!
mad.gif
roll.gif
im not even sure why you're tryna be this capt save a mac user, people like what they like, for whatever reason. you like windows 7, awesome. you like this hp, fantastic. everything you've posted has not changed one person's mind, and that is OK.

Exactly ...

So what exactly can one do in OS X that just doesn't exist in Windows 7 that is giving you such an incredible experience. See I have both and short of thinking you're cool for having a dock that makes the icons bigger when you hover over them, I'm not buying it at this point in my life. The experience with the OS, is that cool feeling the marketing department sold you for $1700. Or maybe it was the cute girl in the apple store saying go ahead and join the family; don't you want to be cool like me
laugh.gif
. Face it, all you do is open a web browser, type an address, and use your eyes and two right fingers to scroll. Guess what, you can do the same thing on a PS3.

Oh let me guess, you're a design student, well last time I checked the CS suit is available on Mac and Windows and works exactly the same.

And of course now you'll probably go to the old stability and speed of the OS crap Steve Jobs feeds you every 120 days when he needs to sell you something new. Ah yes, I'm familiar with this line of thinking every time someone in my family wants me to buy some new Apple cool point products to show off to their other 13-19 year old friends. Yeah there was a time when Windows wasn't so stable but short of you putting a bunch of bloatware on the box, W7 doesn't run one bit slower than OS X.

mad.gif
roll.gif
im not even sure why you're tryna be this capt save a mac user, people like what they like, for whatever reason. you like windows 7, awesome. you like this hp, fantastic. everything you've posted has not changed one person's mind, and that is OK.

Originally Posted by proper english

smile.gif

Actually i'm all for buying whatever makes you happy. If you've read my post in this thread you'll see I have been bent over by Apple plenty of times to grant family members the joy of having the experience. What I do hate though is being reiterated the marketing drivel that people love to use to justify buying expensive toys. Hell, I spend it because i'm blessed and able to do so and I like product "A" over "B" is really all that needs to be said. All that digging into the details though will get your but handed to you unless you really have some specific use cases where it's clear one product is better than another.

I purchased the

ENVY 14
i5-450M
8gb Ram
256gb SSD
ATI 5650
Slice Battery

This clocked in just under 2 Grand. That's a lot of computer! Hey, Macs are really nice computers and if that's what you want, then get one. However, if you're having a little trouble stomaching the apple Tax, want a box that specs out better in almost all categories short of battery life or just prefer the best PC you buy for under 1500, check out the ENVY. You'll discover that theres a lot to like. Oh yeah, you can still run iTunes and add Rocket dock if you just want to feel cool. Oh, did I mention the HP logo lights up on the back just like on a Mac.
roll.gif

smile.gif

Actually i'm all for buying whatever makes you happy. If you've read my post in this thread you'll see I have been bent over by Apple plenty of times to grant family members the joy of having the experience. What I do hate though is being reiterated the marketing drivel that people love to use to justify buying expensive toys. Hell, I spend it because i'm blessed and able to do so and I like product "A" over "B" is really all that needs to be said. All that digging into the details though will get your but handed to you unless you really have some specific use cases where it's clear one product is better than another.

I purchased the

ENVY 14
i5-450M
8gb Ram
256gb SSD
ATI 5650
Slice Battery

This clocked in just under 2 Grand. That's a lot of computer! Hey, Macs are really nice computers and if that's what you want, then get one. However, if you're having a little trouble stomaching the apple Tax, want a box that specs out better in almost all categories short of battery life or just prefer the best PC you buy for under 1500, check out the ENVY. You'll discover that theres a lot to like. Oh yeah, you can still run iTunes and add Rocket dock if you just want to feel cool. Oh, did I mention the HP logo lights up on the back just like on a Mac.
roll.gif

Real noticable rip off lookwise. Specs are decent. Personally that would be a good computer for home use.

Real noticable rip off lookwise. Specs are decent. Personally that would be a good computer for home use.

i just wanted to add this in my other post, but yuku's time warp thing makes it hard to edit.

all im sayin is im sure you have better stuff to do than to sit around tryna convince people which is better, on such a polarizing subject. from every post about apple vs windows, android whatever, people go so hard to bash each brand and it does absolutely nothing. why bother? nobody has ever been convinced otherwise.

i just wanted to add this in my other post, but yuku's time warp thing makes it hard to edit.

all im sayin is im sure you have better stuff to do than to sit around tryna convince people which is better, on such a polarizing subject. from every post about apple vs windows, android whatever, people go so hard to bash each brand and it does absolutely nothing. why bother? nobody has ever been convinced otherwise.

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Exactly ...

laugh.gif

mad.gif
roll.gif

The Blind leading the blind. Come out the Matrix of cool! Man i'm not knocking Mac users;hell I am a mac user. Just trying to shine a little light on the other possibilities out there in the Big world of Laptop computing.

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Exactly ...

laugh.gif

mad.gif
roll.gif

The Blind leading the blind. Come out the Matrix of cool! Man i'm not knocking Mac users;hell I am a mac user. Just trying to shine a little light on the other possibilities out there in the Big world of Laptop computing.

smile.gif

I purchased the

ENVY 14
i5-450M
8gb Ram
256gb SSD
ATI 5650
Slice Battery

roll.gif

sick.gif

My laptop > that and was a lot cheaper.

i7-720
1 tb hd
1080p 17" screen
8 gb ram
ATI 5870
BD drive

but only 1.5 hours of battery life
sick.gif

smile.gif

I purchased the

ENVY 14
i5-450M
8gb Ram
256gb SSD
ATI 5650
Slice Battery

roll.gif

sick.gif

My laptop > that and was a lot cheaper.

i7-720
1 tb hd
1080p 17" screen
8 gb ram
ATI 5870
BD drive

but only 1.5 hours of battery life
sick.gif

Exactly ...

laugh.gif

mad.gif
roll.gif
Our generation is all about visuals. OS X just LOOKS better than Windows 7. That's all that really matters today.

And if you really want to get technical ...

2m3lqfs.png

eyes.gif

Exactly ...

laugh.gif

mad.gif
roll.gif
Our generation is all about visuals. OS X just LOOKS better than Windows 7. That's all that really matters today.

And if you really want to get technical ...

2m3lqfs.png

eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom