====== EPIC Flyknit Series ======

I heard one time that boost is always white because the paint like degrades the boost, I thought it was pretty much the same for lunarlon too that's why we've pretty much only seen white or black or gray.

boost = lunar = foam = plastic with small bubbles in it. Sure different colors might alter the performance slightly, but I am sure that it is negligible.

Boost material is more porous and regular paint will likely get absorbed thus affecting the material.

Other rubber material aren't as porous since they aren't pebble like material fused together so they can be colored without much issue.

Colored sole might not be readily available on GRs but they were on ID right away.

It's too bad those black grey pair hasn't released. I'd consider those for sure. One thing I don't like about most of the lunar epics is that they all have the white midsole. (My main complaint though is the lack of rubber on the sole)

I'm with you can't stand the all white soles... they made one non white sole for the lunarepic lows... hopefully they come around on the 2s

I might grab a pair of the LunarEpic Flyknit 2's - can anyone help me with sizing? I wear a size 9.5 in Flyknit Racers, size 9 in UltraBoost 3.0, size 9.5 in UltraBoost 1.0/2.0

Boost material is more porous and regular paint will likely get absorbed thus affecting the material.

Other rubber material aren't as porous since they aren't pebble like material fused together so they can be colored without much issue.

Colored sole might not be readily available on GRs but they were on ID right away.
This.

I might grab a pair of the LunarEpic Flyknit 2's - can anyone help me with sizing? I wear a size 9.5 in Flyknit Racers, size 9 in UltraBoost 3.0, size 9.5 in UltraBoost 1.0/2.0
I'd go with a 9.5 assuming the LE2 will fit the same as the LE1.

Last edited:
I heard one time that boost is always white because the paint like degrades the boost, I thought it was pretty much the same for lunarlon too that's why we've pretty much only seen white or black or gray.

Only recently have majority of lunars been white. Majority of lunarglides have been colored.

Those BHM look nice, curious to see what color they really are.  Press release says "In that vein, the limited edition 2017 collection incorporates a decorative marbling — blending black and white"    but those pics look brown.

Those BHM look nice, curious to see what color they really are.  Press release says "In that vein, the limited edition 2017 collection incorporates a decorative marbling — blending black and white"   but those pics look brown.

The ndc shots were posted maybe about 5 pages back. They def looked black and white in those.

^ ^ ^
I think it's just Nikes decision to push people who wants colored midsole to order from NikeID.

I'd say the ones from NDC are what the retail version look like. FNL and Nordstrom could be using sample pics

I never trust FNL for product images- they are prone to using the wrong/unofficial ones across a variety of brands. I've also caught Nordstrom doing the same.

Pretty sure the NDC ones are the official released version.

Last edited:
I just picked up a pair of The original LunarEpics with the collar, but unfortunately I'm having issues with the inner seam stabbing my Achilles all day. I've tried different cuts of socks with no luck. I really want to be able to keep these because they are so nice. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom