Erik Koston leaves Lakai Footwear- Video Inside LOL

Looks fake but
laugh.gif
at the ending

Koston hasn't done anything in competition since '07...

I think Lakai wanted to drop him, but they did this marketing angle....

Crazy.

If he goes to Nike at least he'll get some sick gear and hopefully make some ill shoes but it'll be a little weird considering P Rod bailed on Girl andeS.

Lakai team is ridiculously stacked even without him so at least they won't be as bad off as eS after he left. Maybe they couldn't pay him enough.

Seems most rumors are pointing to Nike or a new shoe company under Podium (DVS, Lakai)

Koston's one of the few guys I can tolerate watching skate a contest but I'd rather watch his video parts any day. Sheckler can win all the contests inthe world and I'd still fast forward his part.

Originally Posted by fugualarmclock

Crazy.

If he goes to Nike at least he'll get some sick gear and hopefully make some ill shoes but it'll be a little weird considering P Rod bailed on Girl and eS.

Lakai team is ridiculously stacked even without him so at least they won't be as bad off as eS after he left. Maybe they couldn't pay him enough.

Seems most rumors are pointing to Nike or a new shoe company under Podium (DVS, Lakai)

Koston's one of the few guys I can tolerate watching skate a contest but I'd rather watch his video parts any day. Sheckler can win all the contests in the world and I'd still fast forward his part.
I don't follow the skate shoe industry but strictly based on this video, I mean a new shoe company under the umbrella of those companies seemslike it to me...I mean when someone leaves a company when do they do anything like this....

really now...especialloy if the dude's leaving for a competitor
grin.gif

Just saw it also.

Wish we could say this is a belated April Fool's, but unfortunately that isn't the case. As of today, Eric Koston will no longer be a part of Lakai Footwear. We have arrived at this decision mutually and believe it will ultimately create a better situation for all parties involved. We thank Eric for his contributions to Lakai over the last three years and wish him well wherever his path may lead.

What I noticed:
wish him well wherever his path may lead.
wherever his path may lead
his path
StickersIpath1.jpg

It's gotta be.

laugh.gif

Forgot to add that if it is Nike then I hope they get it together and make a decent video the next time around. Nothing But the Truth was an unwatchable wasteof time and money. On Tap was way better.

Lakai's got some remakes of the Howard 1's coming out too and they look sick!

I better stock up on those Koston Selects then.

Lakai sent a box to Ronnie Creager so maybe he'll get on. Why Etnies got rid of him I'll never understand.

for some reason i can only see koston in LAKIA ,every crew has it own personality so im not sure where koston would fit in any other company. hopefully we willall find out. ^ i agree about the nike video tho, i forgot which came first fully flared or nothing but the truth but i seen the lakai video first then it justchanged a whole new way of skating with there tailslides to flips out or whatever new tricks they were doing. then i seen the nike video, i mean its goodskating but wasnt that good of a video.

I know nike is now gonna give more skaters they own model so maybe he's going to them.

Back
Top Bottom