ESPN NEWS HD - In about 4 hours!

I'm staying up for this.

I didn't know if this belongs here, or in the general forum. Mods, move if need be.

I can't wait for this. I stopped watching espn news as soon as I went to HD. One of the greatest channels ever is highly appreciated since it's goingHD. Since I just saw Will Ferrell doing a promo on sportscenter, I decided to see whats good. Here's what I got from Wiki:

[h2]ESPNEWS HD[/h2]
On March 30, 2008, ESPNEWSis expected to begin broadcasting in high-definition from a new studio inside ESPN's digital center [1]. ESPNews HD will feature an innovative HD sidelinegraphic, a descendant of the "Breakdown" used in overnight versions of SportsCenter on ESPN, which will wrap around the top left and bottom of the HDscreen. The HD Sideline will offer the display of textual information, headshots, news, and scores, while still delivering video highlights in the HD format.It will also offer additional content not available on the standard definition ESPNews feed.[sup][2][/sup]

pimp.gif

finally...been waiting for ESPNews to go on HD.

But it will be a repeatative thing every half hour.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Yeah and no. It will mirror ESPN News, but it will have exclusive content not available in SD. It will be just like ESPN NEWS, but with extrapifferation.

"while still delivering video highlights in the HD format. It will also offer additional content not available on thestandard definition ESPNews feed"

Directv is a lock for this. U cable peeps are probably gonna have to fight tooth and nail to get it.

Yea i knew this was comming out for awhile but dont assume your getting it right away. You gotta wait til your carrier gets it and puts it in your area.Sometimes it can really take a long time. Ill watch this when i get it. I couldnt stand watching it in SD.

Originally Posted by APLX2

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Yeah and no. It will mirror ESPN News, but it will have exclusive content not available in SD. It will be just like ESPN NEWS, but with extra pifferation.

"while still delivering video highlights in the HD format. It will also offer additional content not available on the standard definition ESPNews feed"

well it will still operate on 30 min intervals

but with the added screenspace on the hd channel.......is where the additional content is going to be.

play ur league games presequel lol j/p i was readin thread then i see ps3 league and im like smh dude has been M I A lol

It's about time

ESPN has some of the worst quality HD by far though, some of the games that are supposed to be in HD look terrible. For example, many of the times, the ESPNbottom line is in HD, but the broadcast looks horrendous. TNT NBA has awesome HD, so does CBS.

TNT and CBS are 1080i. ESPN studio might be 1080i, but almost all their games are 720p.

Back
Top Bottom