ESPN "Sources"

Do teams know who some of these 'sources' are? Couldn't they figure it out, especially if the issue is pretty confidential and only a few people know? Do they get pissed if it leaks to the media? Like these sources that leak the story to the public before trades happens, wouldn't they be in danger of losing their jobs if it was found out what they did? What do you think they get out of leaking stories to the media early?

To me, leaking a trade rumor (like the current melo saga) is just like if two companies are considering a merger/buyout and someone snitched all the details to the newspapers. There would definitely be a lot of pissed off executives and filed lawsuits
laugh.gif

Do teams know who some of these 'sources' are? Couldn't they figure it out, especially if the issue is pretty confidential and only a few people know? Do they get pissed if it leaks to the media? Like these sources that leak the story to the public before trades happens, wouldn't they be in danger of losing their jobs if it was found out what they did? What do you think they get out of leaking stories to the media early?

To me, leaking a trade rumor (like the current melo saga) is just like if two companies are considering a merger/buyout and someone snitched all the details to the newspapers. There would definitely be a lot of pissed off executives and filed lawsuits
laugh.gif

ESPN is a joke, but the sheep flock to it.

It's crazy how many times they are wrong, and people still rely on it.  They have also been called out many times for taking credit for breaking news, even though other outlets broke the news first.

ESPN is a joke, but the sheep flock to it.

It's crazy how many times they are wrong, and people still rely on it.  They have also been called out many times for taking credit for breaking news, even though other outlets broke the news first.

Those sources use ESPN just as much as ESPN uses them. 

If you're an agent, and you put a rumor out thru ESPN about a team bidding on your player, ESPN reports it, other teams hear the offer and potentially raise the stakes. 
If you're a GM, you put the rumor out about a trade, it's reported, other teams may up their offers......

Everything happens for a reason. 

If you're an agent, and you put a rumor out thru ESPN about a team bidding on your player, ESPN reports it, other teams hear the offer and potentially raise the stakes. 
If you're a GM, you put the rumor out about a trade, it's reported, other teams may up their offers......

I bet when they're out of real sources they'd go to Simmons and ask him what he's drawn up lately at the Trade machine

I bet when they're out of real sources they'd go to Simmons and ask him what he's drawn up lately at the Trade machine

Originally Posted by CP1708

This.

Originally Posted by CP1708

This.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

ESPN has made me hate the word "source" with a passion.
Word to Benzino.

Now it seems like teams just have someone else release contradicting info to make it a wash.

Back
Top Bottom