ESPN "Sources"

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

ESPN has made me hate the word "source" with a passion.
Word to Benzino.

Now it seems like teams just have someone else release contradicting info to make it a wash.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

ESPN is a joke, but the sheep flock to it.

It's crazy how many times they are wrong, and people still rely on it.  They have also been called out many times for taking credit for breaking news, even though other outlets broke the news first.
ESPN had every Bulls fan thinking Lebron was going to Chicago. It's ridiculous how inadequate they are.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

ESPN is a joke, but the sheep flock to it.

It's crazy how many times they are wrong, and people still rely on it.  They have also been called out many times for taking credit for breaking news, even though other outlets broke the news first.
ESPN had every Bulls fan thinking Lebron was going to Chicago. It's ridiculous how inadequate they are.

Y'all crack me up goin' in on ESPN for reporting wrong sources.

Would it ever occur to people that the "sources" are purposely giving misinformation to hide the truth.

Everyone has an agenda, and the source has a much greater motivation for giving wrong info than ESPN does.

Would it ever occur to people that the "sources" are purposely giving misinformation to hide the truth.

Everyone has an agenda, and the source has a much greater motivation for giving wrong info than ESPN does.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Inexcusable at this point. "Sources" are ESPN's scapegoat without a scapegoat. Just like the name ESPN tries to be an acronym without the acronym. But it remains the same: "Entertainment" comes before "Sports."  It's just a poor excuse for journalism. And before you ask, I still watch it because they have the best collection of sports highlights, period and everyone knows it. But as journaslists, they are collective, side of the curb trash.

Inexcusable at this point. "Sources" are ESPN's scapegoat without a scapegoat. Just like the name ESPN tries to be an acronym without the acronym. But it remains the same: "Entertainment" comes before "Sports."  It's just a poor excuse for journalism. And before you ask, I still watch it because they have the best collection of sports highlights, period and everyone knows it. But as journaslists, they are collective, side of the curb trash.

part of your job is to ascertain if your source is credible

the 12th man on phx's bench shouldn't be allowed to say amare wants to be the only star on the knicks

after leon rose, www, and maverick carter jerk you around all summer you aren't supposed to continue to cite them. they aren't credible anymore

part of your job is to ascertain if your source is credible

the 12th man on phx's bench shouldn't be allowed to say amare wants to be the only star on the knicks

after leon rose, www, and maverick carter jerk you around all summer you aren't supposed to continue to cite them. they aren't credible anymore

Right, so when Mav Carter tells Broussard something, even when he knows there's an agenda behind it, Broussard's just supposed to not report it? And that's supposed to help ESPN's interest's how?

They're in the business of creating interest and getting viewers. If they were fabricating stuff out of thin air all the time then that would likely get exposed.

But yeah, a lot of their journalists suck, but they're definitely not alone there. Plenty of newspaper columnists are terrible too.

Right, so when Mav Carter tells Broussard something, even when he knows there's an agenda behind it, Broussard's just supposed to not report it? And that's supposed to help ESPN's interest's how?

They're in the business of creating interest and getting viewers. If they were fabricating stuff out of thin air all the time then that would likely get exposed.

But yeah, a lot of their journalists suck, but they're definitely not alone there. Plenty of newspaper columnists are terrible too.

im pretty every nba or nfl "inside man" on espn makes up things. Only person i trust is adam schefter

im pretty every nba or nfl "inside man" on espn makes up things. Only person i trust is adam schefter

Originally Posted by qnumber25

I'm dying to hear why you trust Schefter.

They're all pawns to the people in organizations who give them info. You think they're out intercepting phone calls or something?

They're all pawns to the people in organizations who give them info. You think they're out intercepting phone calls or something?

Adman Schefter has earned my trust. He has a better track record than any other analyst I know of and I've been fallowing him since his early NFL Network days.

The only analyst in the business with so many sources you cab catch him periodically checking his black berry on set, cameras rolling and all.
laugh.gif

Adman Schefter has earned my trust. He has a better track record than any other analyst I know of and I've been fallowing him since his early NFL Network days.

The only analyst in the business with so many sources you cab catch him periodically checking his black berry on set, cameras rolling and all.
laugh.gif

ESPN is pathetic, their "sources" are flies it seems.

I rarely rarely watch it now. Their east coast bias is just too much to deal with.

ESPN is pathetic, their "sources" are flies it seems.

I rarely rarely watch it now. Their east coast bias is just too much to deal with.

didnt chris broosard say his sources said lebron was going to CHI,NY,NJ,DAL,MIA & he would stay in CLE lol

didnt chris broosard say his sources said lebron was going to CHI,NY,NJ,DAL,MIA & he would stay in CLE lol

Back
Top Bottom