ETHER December 4, 2001

This didn't come out on his birthday, though.

and my man Cam'ron is the only one to successfully kill Nas AND Jay-Z
laugh.gif

Dudes calling Nas little brother while back then they were both almost equal in stature.

laugh.gif
at Jay in that interview, he's rattled

Jay had to resort to hittin Nas baby moms (who Nas wasn't with and was angry with him) just to gleam any kind of advantage.

There's a reason people say someone got Ether'd and not Takeover-ed or SuperUgly-ed

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

thats all its ever been.
dudes just fell in love with that lunch room roasting isssh that they couldnt look pass it.

The funny thing is, Jay and Nas are probably out enjoying Jay's birthday as we speak while random dudes are on a message board telling us how Ether turned Jay into Ja Rule.NT for the +%!++#! win
laugh.gif

True sh!#.Dude really said Nas coulda Ja Rule'd him though.
laugh.gif
da spectacular punch that ether was at da height of blueprint 1 was something that if u wasn't old enuff to truely absorb and understand then you're just not gonna get.jigga dropped a CLASSIC ALBUM and Nas completely kicked his house down.
laugh.gif

Nas never had a huge mixtape presence like 50 cent did, 50 was ON ja rule's neck WEEKLY with new mixtape tracks killing ja rule..da onslaught never stopped, Nas dropped ether, and just walked away da victor.....jay-z had to work 2x as hard crying on BP2

just to get his credibility back, then when THAT didn't work he faked a retirement...we ALL know if Nas was more of a camera hog jigga wouldn't of been able to lick da wounds and come back stronger.

is this real life or forum16? i thought it was well established jigga got "ether'd" from the day it dropped
30t6p3b.gif
never heard anybody say jigga won in real life that boy got ether'd

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Originally Posted by rhester

Ether is so overhyped it's unreal. Like dude was just cracking jokes on Jay.
Whereas Jay was straight disrespectful on Takeover.

thats all its ever been.
dudes just fell in love with that lunch room roasting isssh that they couldnt look pass it.

This

Takeover + Supaugly > Ether

-The Juice

Dudes calling Nas little brother while back then they were both almost equal in stature

LOL.  Make no mistake about it champ, the timeframe before Ether dropped Nas was a irrelevant and pretty much a hip hop distant memory for the time being.

jay-z had to work 2x as hard crying on BP2

just to get his credibility back, then when THAT didn't work he faked a retirement...we ALL know if Nas was more of a camera hog jigga wouldn't of been able to lick da wounds and come back stronger.

We got to get you out your house more, or at least out your 4 block neighborhood radius.  Your letting your heart dictate your mind.  At the time and even way more so now then ever before Jay was just too big and had way to much fire power for Nas to compete.  I give Nas credit, cause he did the best he could with what he had, but as far as Nas being able to Ja'Rule Jay Z or anybody else for that matter.......
roll.gif
roll.gif
, please dude can't even check his baby momma or should I say baby momma's right.  If you can't take care of the troubles in your own home, how in the hell do you expect to deal with anybody else out here.

I just came to the realization that it's 2011 and I've been sucked back into this trivial debate.

Disappointed in myself.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

The funny thing is, Jay and Nas are probably out enjoying Jay's birthday as we speak while random dudes are on a message board telling us how Ether turned Jay into Ja Rule.NT for the +%!++#! win
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
da spectacular punch that ether was at da height of blueprint 1 was something that if u wasn't old enuff to truely absorb and understand then you're just not gonna get.jigga dropped a CLASSIC ALBUM and Nas completely kicked his house down.
laugh.gif

Nas never had a huge mixtape presence like 50 cent did, 50 was ON ja rule's neck WEEKLY with new mixtape tracks killing ja rule..da onslaught never stopped, Nas dropped ether, and just walked away da victor.....jay-z had to work 2x as hard crying on BP2

<Jay went triple plat with BP2 and his singles also charted better than Blueprint. He did just fine for someone who was "murked" by Nas, probably because his large commercial/casual fanbase didn't give a %#+! about a beef. The music was still hot.Nas didn't crawl into a hole when he was dissimg the man at length on three separate LPs. But then again...you're the dude who still thinks Fat Joe and Dipset are still buzzing heavy in 2011, so...
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Me and tha boy A.I. got more in Common than just ballin and rhymin
Get It?
More in Carmen
I came in ya Bentley backseat
Skeeted in ya Jeep
Left condoms in the baby seat

Please pull one verse off Ether harder and more disrespectful than that.

-The Juice

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You got a point about Nas not wanting to be in front of the cameras like that but still Jay and Ja are 2 different beasts. Jay was not going out like that at all. Nas did have the song on the 8 mile soundtrack so he didn't just stop, then Jay had the song Blueprint 2 which was a better diss than takeover to me. Ether was the better song at end but you going to far with the Ja Rule stuff.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You got a point about Nas not wanting to be in front of the cameras like that but still Jay and Ja are 2 different beasts. Jay was not going out like that at all. Nas did have the song on the 8 mile soundtrack so he didn't just stop, then Jay had the song Blueprint 2 which was a better diss than takeover to me. Ether was the better song at end but you going to far with the Ja Rule stuff.

Cam/Dipset and Wayne definitely ain't camera shy, and they couldn't take out Hov's career either. Hmm...

Wonder when dudes here will stop overrating rap beef. Probably when they finally get their heads out of their %+$@# and learn how the rest of the music world works.

I remember coming home and my brother callin me into his room to peep "ether" lolol

Next day at school(after school) goin to basketball practice and they was playing it in the lunchroom...they tried to call me over (everyone knows im a big Jay fan) lol i was like "na i heard it already. lol

Ether like has been stated had that impact. the whole hot 97 poll was ether vs superugly...not a culmination of superugly and takeover.

+shrugs+ i think Jay won on wax. Blueprint^2 absolutely broke Nas down. I also feel Jay answered and responded to everything where Nas ignored it. like folks forget the timeline.

minus the sublims...

-Summerjam "Ask Nas he dont want it with Hov NOOOO!!!"

-then the H to the omo freestyle...

-Takeova was a response to the freestyle of Nas' and clearing up what would end up being a lot of tales told by Nas

and so forth

Jay-z did super ugly unplugged on MTV, ...thats how salty he was
laugh.gif

if Nas would've performed Ether on hot 97 Summer jam instead of getting mad they wouldn't put w/e he requested...pssh it really would've been a wrap.

HIP HOP BEEFS >>>>

Its ten years later and its still  discussed. Two titans going at it for the crown. This #%$$ is special to me.

Too many sublims and whatnot nowadays then nobody wants to own up to them.  People who say rap beef is corny....yea in most cases but not when its done like this.

Jay-z did super ugly unplugged on MTV, ...thats how salty he was
laugh.gif

if Nas would've performed Ether on hot 97 Summer jam instead of getting mad they wouldn't put w/e he requested...pssh it really would've been a wrap.
explain? 
i watched the show, have the cd...?

Ever notice how all of your posts contains the word "would" in them though 
laugh.gif

Come back from your delusional world of "wouldas" and let's talk reality...Nas and Jay beefed, they made up, they're still legends in hip-hop, Jay is still going strong, and hardly anyone in the music world still cares about Dipset. 

Same lames fighting the losing argument bringing up as many irrelevant side issues to prove a flashehood
30t6p3b.gif
2011 and !$@*$@ still can't take the lL

Got the nerve to say we know who won the war. WHY ARE YOU FABRICATING A WAR? THERE WAS NO WAR. Only thing that happened after that battle is Jay more and more became the target of rappers who felt slighted by him in anyway. Son had to set up a policy of indirect disses and flat acting like he aint feel a dart fly his way. Wanna say all Nas said Jay was gay 10x.

We already established who spoke more truth in all of the diss records a few years back. Just wanna pretend it didn't happen and start a new with the same old tired arguments.
Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by gunnascott

I still don't see how Jay-Z survived that record
Nas took his foot off jay-z's neck and went away like he always does...he could've easily Ja rule'd him if he kept da pressure.
Come on champ, that's like saying some local burger spot around the way could take out McDonald's. That's simply not the way it works.  At some point in time the local burger spot deep down knows and realizes that McDonald's is bigger and better than them.  Same rules apply in this situation here.  I like both parties by the way, just wanted to put that out there
wink.gif
Terrible analogy. You obviously can't put your stanhood aside, stop looking at it in hindsight and place yourself in the perspective 2000-2003. Comparing Jay to McDonald's and Nas to a burger joint
laugh.gif

You're a perfect example champ.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Nas took his foot off jay-z's neck and went away like he always does...he could've easily Ja rule'd him if he kept da pressure.
Come on champ, that's like saying some local burger spot around the way could take out McDonald's. That's simply not the way it works.  At some point in time the local burger spot deep down knows and realizes that McDonald's is bigger and better than them.  Same rules apply in this situation here.  I like both parties by the way, just wanted to put that out there
wink.gif
Terrible analogy. You obviously can put your stanhood aside, stop looking at it in hindsight and place yourself in the perspective 2000-2003. Comparing Jay to McDonald's and Nas to a burger joint
laugh.gif
Lol....yeah nas was like an In n out burger....
laugh.gif

son, i remember i was in the car with my mom when this came on the radio...whoever was on WKYS or WPGC was like, "happy birthday jay-z"..."NEW NAS"..."UFCK JAY-Z"

like i remember that moment vividly...to this day...

i always thought super ugly was like the response you got from somebody you were cracking jokes on and they ran out of things to say about YOU PERSONALLY, then went on to attack your family/private business...

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Same lames fighting the losing argument bringing up as many irrelevant side issues to prove a flashehood
30t6p3b.gif
2011 and !$@*$@ still can't take the lL

Got the nerve to say we know who won the war. WHY ARE YOU FABRICATING A WAR? THERE WAS NO WAR. Only thing that happened after that battle is Jay more and more became the target of rappers who felt slighted by him in anyway. Son had to set up a policy of indirect disses and flat acting like he aint feel a dart fly his way. Wanna say all Nas said Jay was gay 10x.

We already established who spoke more truth in all of the diss records a few years back. Just wanna pretend it didn't happen and start a new with the same old tired arguments.

wink.gif
Terrible analogy. You obviously can't put your stanhood aside, stop looking at it in hindsight and place yourself in the perspective 2000-2003. Comparing Jay to McDonald's and Nas to a burger joint
laugh.gif

You're a perfect example champ.

What L though? The only L anyone is taking here is by the same dudes who can't put a former beef between two still relevant artists behind them. Okay, Jay takes the L...he still making hi music. Alright, Nas is the "little brother"...still doing his thing with a new album coming out. Last time I checked there was examples of beef that actually messed up rapper's careers. That isn't the case here with either MC.

Thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom