Ethnic and Minority Television? What's your take?

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Then make WET White Entertainment TV then. I don't see the problem. As long as it does not promote racism and white only then I don't see a issue. If anything there's alot of shows/movies with mostly white cast......

Are you gonna behave like MASS media is not mostly white dominated?  Of course we have a few token minorities in mass media. In minority based channels, we also have token white characters.

WET is the majority of TV.

Why would anyone care? If they don't want to watch it, don't turn the channel to it. These "people" you talked too need to grow up.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

LOL @ whites not having Television when all the major stations are White or Jewish owned.
like seriously 
laugh.gif

and white white people are making bank off of the "minority" shows/networks too 
laugh.gif

BET tho 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

BET is so wack. I never watch it ever. Matter of fact, I forget it even exists.

I cant tell you the last time I watched BET. Its completely watered down. 

White stations for real? I think whoever said that resents there not being any stations that rep their ethnic identity. That's real childish and extremely near sighted, what all you suckas should do is turn off the television and.....

YOLO

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Then make WET White Entertainment TV then. I don't see the problem. As long as it does not promote racism and white only then I don't see a issue. If anything there's alot of shows/movies with mostly white cast......

Are you gonna behave like MASS media is not mostly white dominated?  Of course we have a few token minorities in mass media. In minority based channels, we also have token white characters.

WASPS are on TV, not all white people fit into that box.......maybe you didn't know there was a difference

Originally Posted by IronChef

WASPS are on TV, not all white people fit into that box.......maybe you didn't know there was a difference
Not getting what your saying,,,,,,

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

[h2]White History Year Resumes[/h2]

http://www.theonion.com/a...istory-year-resumes,139/

WASHINGTON, DC—With Black History Month over, U.S. citizens are putting aside thoughts of Harriet Tubman and George Washington Carver to resume the traditional observation of White History Year.

Enlarge Image

A stamp honoring European-American aviation pioneer Charles Lindbergh is unveiled as part of White History Year celebrations.

White History Year, which runs annually from Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, with a 28-day break for Black History Month in February, is dedicated to the recognition of European-Americans' contributions to American politics and culture.

"Frederick Douglass and Martin Luther King Jr. are all well and good," said Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist at a banquet celebrating the arrival of White History Year, "but now is the time to reflect on the accomplishments of such whites as Babe Ruth, Alexander Graham Bell, and Presidents Washington through Bush. Let's use these next 11 months to remember the other American history."

"Whites have contributed so much to this country," Frist continued. "Did you, for example, know that a white man, Jonas Salk, discovered the cure for polio? It's true."

From now until Feb. 1, 2004, educators will eschew discussions of Rosa Parks in favor of Andrew Carnegie, Neil Armstrong, and Tim Allen. Schools nationwide will shelve African-American history pamphlets in favor of such Caucasiacentric materials as the Macmillan & Rowe American History Textbook New Revised Standard Edition and Encyclopedia Britannica.

Scholars say there is a remarkable wealth of documented white history to explore.

"There's so much more white history out there than you might imagine," said Dr. James Corman, a Princeton University history professor. "America's publishing houses, newspapers, movie studios, magazines, and radio stations have kept remarkably thorough records of white Americans' accomplishments."

White History Year will also be commemorated on television, with various networks airing special programming recognizing whites' contributions to society. The History Channel will set aside the Tuskegee Airmen documentaries that have dominated its schedule throughout February, instead presenting programs on Chuck Yeager, the white man who broke the sound barrier, and Paul Revere, a key white figure in the nation's fight for independence from England. A&E's Biography will spotlight such white luminaries as Johnny Unitas, Mae West, and Edward R. Murrow. Between prime-time programs, NBC will air White History Minute segments hosted by white actress Bernadette Peters.

Americans of every color will set aside their differences to celebrate White History Year.

"I think it's good to give people a closer look at a culture they usually don't even think about," said Gary, IN, realtor Willie Anderson, a respected member of the city's black community. "I mean, it's right in front of you every day. It's such a huge part of your life. You're surrounded by it from the day you're born until the day you die, so it's easy to take for granted that you already know just about everything there is to know about it."

Added Anderson: "Do you realize that Henry Ford, a white man, invented the 'assembly line,' a mass-production technique that revolutionized industry around the world? They had something about it on TV again last night."
I read this entire article in Uncle Ruckus' voice
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

I've had conversations with people who've been offended by stations like Telemundo, Aljazeera, BET, etc. Stating that there isn't any "white" stations, so why should there be ethnic and minority driven media? I've argued that cultures are different and demands are different. I've often watched BET in high-school, I also catch Martin reruns on TVOne.  Anyone who's non-black or ethnic but still watch channels specific to minorities?

If anyone says there aren't any white stations then that person must be blind. Someone really said that mess? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Every TV station focuses on white people aside from the minority TV stations.

How? When there's a mixed cast in most shows or news stations, unless it's for historical purposes and it's set in a predominately white setting like AMC's Mad Men.

Most shows and news stations are mixed? Come on man please think before you type. Please think before you type dude. You can't be serious. Pick any random tv show and your theory is easily disproved.

Originally Posted by blco02

Whatever happened to the melting pot of America? Instead of everyone assimilating into the western culture, now we are all spreading out into our separate enclaves, languages, and cultures. It's no longer the UNITED States of America. It's going to be terrible for the country in the long run.

THIS

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by blco02

Whatever happened to the melting pot of America? Instead of everyone assimilating into the western culture, now we are all spreading out into our separate enclaves, languages, and cultures. It's no longer the UNITED States of America. It's going to be terrible for the country in the long run.

I hate that melting part garbage I'm not gonna assimilate into white culture for when the most part it doesn't respect other cultures.

There have been terrible aspects of this country since its inception. And that melting pot garbage was originally meant to apply strictly to white Euros.

Originally Posted by IronChef

all sorts of white people are represented on TV, rich, poor, middle class, blue collar, criminal....you do ave a point though, i've yet to see a show focus on white muslims
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Every TV station focuses on white people aside from the minority TV stations.

How? When there's a mixed cast in most shows or news stations, unless it's for historical purposes and it's set in a predominately white setting like AMC's Mad Men.
So you've never seen Friends or Seinfeld huh

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

I don't like it.
Why? What would be a fair outlet for programming for people that aren't of Euro Descent?  How would their voices be heard? How unfair is that? Oh let me guess that isn't your problem right?

Back
Top Bottom