Euphoria HBO & A24's series | Starring Zendaya| RIP Angus Cloud

He got completely emasculated by a group of frat bros pretending to rape him, in front of the woman he was just inside of. You don't shrug that kind thing off.
Facts plus add the fact that he was already struggling with college as is

He got completely emasculated by a group of frat bros pretending to rape him, in front of the woman he was just inside of. You don't shrug that kind thing off.

How did he get emasculated if he wasn’t raped? Because 4 dudes were on top of him? :lol: what is there to be ashamed of...? I could see if it was like one dude who bodied him but it’s 4 dudes..tf could be done?

What the hell is pretend rape?

Yeah I’m not buying that

Honestly I disagree...the dude plays football *****s are jumping on him all the time without his consent...this is not traumatizing in any way...literally nothing happened. It’s weird for sure but not enough to make a ***** question his life, be mad at his girl, start acting funny etc.
What? When you put on a helmet and pads, you consent to getting trucked on the field.

Dudes running up in your room at night when you chilling with your girl isn’t common play.

How did he get emasculated if he wasn’t raped? Because 4 dudes were on top of him? :lol: what is there to be ashamed of...? I could see if it was like one dude who bodied him but it’s 4 dudes..tf could be done?

What the hell is pretend rape?

Yeah I’m not buying that
I think one dude has a strap-on.. If there was no penetration he's overreacting

Group of dudes wearing nothing but jockstraps pinning you down and simulating rape in front of your naked gf. While chanting "McGay". They also recorded the whole thing.

Once again that's not something you just get over.

Honestly I disagree...the dude plays football *****s are jumping on him all the time without his consent...this is not traumatizing in any way...literally nothing happened. It’s weird for sure but not enough to make a ***** question his life, be mad at his girl, start acting funny etc.
It's called being emasculated in front of your woman.

Let a bunch of your "boys"/"teammates" accost while you naked about to smash your girl, as they pretend to **** younand your powerless to even get up.

It seems some of yall aint notice McKay is a bot of a try hard and puts up a front. He definitely does that with Cassi so she sees him a certain way.
How did he get emasculated if he wasn’t raped? Because 4 dudes were on top of him? :lol:
So what you're saying is you don't know what masculinity is and obviously don't know what it means to be emasculated.

LATE to this Euphoria party, but man....what a great series. Plowed thru it this week. I'm sure you all have touched on everything, but here are some quick thoughts I had...

1. Never peeped much of anything Zendaya has done, but I've heard of her. My wife filled me in about her being w/ Disney etc. That being said, she's RIDICULOUSLY talented. She was extremely believable as an addict. She should 100000% be nominated for awards for this role.

2. McKay...just off of the casting. Dude is like 5'2"....they trying to push a NFL narrative? :lol: c'mon son. Looked like the love child of Larenz Tate and Ray J. Also...Cassie is younger than Lexi, right? I'm assuming Lexi is a Jr. like Rue, so would that make McKay being in college dating a soph?

3. HS days were wild. Euphoria captured things pretty well. One of the times they strayed off the reality grid was when they played Blow the Whistle at he HS formal :lol: That would never happen :rofl:

4. Fez....cool story about the actor who plays him. Dude was literally plucked off the street by the casting dept. Can't wait to see his story arc in S2. Doing immoral things, but he has a conscious and a good heart and a guy most people will probably pull for. (RIP Mac Miller)

5. Nate....straight up insane. The whole Tyler angle etc. I thought he'd meet his maker at the end of Episode 8, but I'm interested to see if any of his shadiness will fall back on him next season.

6. Series is VERY on-brand for Drake to be a producer considering the young girls he dates.

Last edited:
explain it for me Einstein....

again...youre telling me a dude is going to be holding his head down acting like the world is over cuz some ****** jumped on top of him?? LOL when the ***** is in a GREEK FRAT AND PLAY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL :rofl:

any way you slice it, if he didn't get rape, that whole scene was the epitome of doing too much..wtf his girl gon say?? lmaoo like what could he have done in that situation..?

explain it for me Einstein....

again...youre telling me a dude is going to be holding his head down acting like the world is over cuz some *****s jumped on top of him?? LOL when the ***** is in a GREEK FRAT AND PLAY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL :rofl:

any way you slice it, if he didn't get rape, that whole scene was the epitome of doing too much..wtf his girl gon say?? lmaoo like what could he have done in that situation..?

He was already stressed.

Had his issues w/ Cassie's past....dad riding him too hard and not listening to the problems he was having with football/college...then sliding down the depth chart and having ZERO shot of going pro. He was having a hard adjustment to college. No, he wasn't raped by those guys...but it was a bad look considering there was no fight in him and he just flat out took it while his GF watched. She worshiped dude and he showed how vulnerable he was in that situation.

Smh @ any man not seeing how the Mckay bit was emasculating. Somebody barge into your spot and hold you down against your will and you just shrug that off? :lol:

He was already stressed.

Had his issues w/ Cassie's past....dad riding him too hard and not listening to the problems he was having with football/college...then sliding down the depth chart and having ZERO shot of going pro. He was having a hard adjustment to college. No, he wasn't raped by those guys...but it was a bad look considering there was no fight in him and he just flat out took it while his GF watched. She worshiped dude and he showed how vulnerable he was in that situation.

bruh all of the things you listed are more "traumatizing" and worse than being humped by some dudes...

Smh @ any man not seeing how the Mckay bit was emasculating. Somebody barge into your spot and hold you down against your will and you just shrug that off? :lol:

yeah what the hell are you supposed to do? hold your head down? cry for 40 days and 40 nights?

this **** happen in locker rooms every day...

im not seeing the correlation between that and your point.

nobody is arguing if it is suspect behavior or flat out gay. My thing is...Nothing....really.....happened......

yeah some dudes did some suspect stuff and pissed you off. OK. got it...so instead of going to find said dudes you just sit in silence and cry yourself to sleep? go back to smashing you girl? lay there in defeat?? :lol:

point is, they made it seem like dude got raped. I can understand the reaction if he did, otherwise the scene was forced and corny. thats just my opinion. I dont see how that is a realistic reaction seeing as 1. bruh is in a greek frat and likely had to get down with some even more sus stuff. 2. he in high school football where that **** happens all day along with other suspect behavior.

My thing is...Nothing....really.....happened......
Besides his room getting intruded upon, quite a bit happened. It's obvious as you said this is probably nothing new to him, so it explains why he had the reaction he did. Maybe if it was back in the locker room where nobody he could front to could see it happen he would've just let it go. But it happened in front of Cassie and that shattered his masculinity and how Cassie perceives him. On top of that, he probably doesn't even want to be in that life anymore considering the convo he had with his dad, what we saw was the build up of all that frustration dude's been keeping inside the whole time.

Maybe you saw it differently.....

bruh all of the things you listed are more "traumatizing" and worse than being humped by some dudes...

yeah what the hell are you supposed to do? hold your head down? cry for 40 days and 40 nights?

this **** happen in locker rooms every day...

How are you not understanding that it's a culmination of things that led to dude having an emotional breakdown? Yes, dumb **** happens in locker rooms (and who is denying that?)...but if you got a lot of other things weighing heavily on you, it won't take much to be the straw to break the camel's back. And in this case, dude was reduced to nothing in front of his GF.

Also...Cassie is younger than Lexi, right? I'm assuming Lexi is a Jr. like Rue, so would that make McKay being in college dating a soph?
The entire time I assumed Maddy, Cassie, and maybe even Kat were a year older than Rue and Lexi.

I always assumed Lexi was younger than Cassie. To me its even weirder if she's the older sister and is the shy quiet meek one even if her body hasn't developed. They definitely aint twins.

The entire time I assumed Maddy, Cassie, and maybe even Kat were a year older than Rue and Lexi.

I always assumed Lexi was younger than Cassie. To me its even weirder if she's the older sister and is the shy quiet meek one even if her body hasn't developed. They definitely aint twins.

I might be mistaken...but in one of her hookups, didn't Kat say she was 17?

Also, I think you all are right...Cassie is older. I think it's just the vibe that Lexi gives that made it seem like she was the older of the two.

I might be mistaken...but in one of her hookups, didn't Kat say she was 17?

Also, I think you all are right...Cassie is older. I think it's just the vibe that Lexi gives that made it seem like she was the older of the two.
You would know better than me having just run through it recently if Kat said that.

Maturity wise, yeah, Lexi seems older, but the way they're treated it just naturally seemed Cassie was older but for me, I hadnt full realized they were sisters until like midway in the season :lol:

Last edited:
Gotta remember its the fall of senior year, most would be 17. Turning 18 the following year when you actually graduate.

You would know better than me having just run through it recently if Kat said that.

Maturity wise, yeah, Lexi seems older, but the way they're treated it just naturally seemed Cassie was older but for I hadnt full realized they werewerr sisters until like midway in the season :lol:

Lexi quietly emerged as one of my favorite characters.

I thought they were twins at first and assumed they were both in 11th grade. Kat, Cassie, Maddy, Jules and Rule are all definitely juniors in the same graduating class.

The later episode with Cassie's childhood backstory made it pretty clear she's the older of the two, she's just extra basic.

I actually like Cassie's character too. She good peoples. :lol:

Rue Bennett, a 17-year-old recovering drug addict struggling to find her place in the world
Lexi Howard, Rue's childhood friend and Cassie's younger sister

Rue and Lexi are 17.

While the exact grade the characters are in is unclear, Rue is 17 years old, which means she's either a junior or a senior. The show doesn't seem to be following a strict "one season = one school year" timeline like, say, Glee, so Levinson could likely stretch out the rest of Rue's high school career over several seasons. But still, unless he moves past Rue and Jules entirely and introduces a whole new class of characters (à la Degrassi), then Euphoria likely has a relatively short shelf life. (It's already outlived the Israeli series on which it was based, which only ran for one 10-episode season.)

Back
Top Bottom