Euro Trip Vol. London and Amsterdam

I'm heading to London and Amsterdam for a week and I was hoping you guys could recommend some spots to hit up in the two cities. Thanks!

Where are you staying at in Amsterdam? I stayed at Hotel terminus which is close to the RLD, train station, and Damrak(the main tourist street)

for Coffeeshops it's fun to hop but make sure you hit up The Grasshopper, The Doors, & Popeye's

hit up Patta, it's a famous shoe spot/boutique. You've probably heard of it it was voted #3 in the best Sneaker spots in the world i believe

hit up the museums and what not if you're interested, go to the Van Gogh and Heineken museum(definitely go here)

I highly recommend renting a bike and riding around town for a few hours, trust me it's worth it and everyone rides over there. Amsterdam isn't thatbig so it's a good way to see everything and get around fast

Eat the Fries with the mayo/tartar sauce/ketchup that you'll see everyone eating, out of a blue cone type container. CRACK

That's pretty much it, Amsterdam is a real chill place. Just a nice place to get intoxicated, walk around, see the sites, hit up bars. EVeryone speaksenglish and is generally nice if you're nice to them
when are you going?

BEST ADVICE :

stay in a Hostel not a reg Hotel, its basically the easiest way to smash chicks.
CONDOMS CONDOMS CONDOMS

laugh.gif

Im staying at the NH carlton in amsterdam which is pretty close to the city center. I was going to stay in Terminus too until I found out about pricelinebidding
pimp.gif
4* hotel for $55/night. Are there any tours you recommend going on? I'm going next week.

No spots for london?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO TO BARNEY'S IN AMSTERDAM.

It is the best coffee shop EVER.

P.S. Eat lots of Shoarma/Doner Kebab while there. You wont find anything comparable in the states.

Originally Posted by illmatickal

laugh.gif

Im staying at the NH carlton in amsterdam which is pretty close to the city center. I was going to stay in Terminus too until I found out about priceline bidding
pimp.gif
4* hotel for $55/night. Are there any tours you recommend going on? I'm going next week.

No spots for london?

Yeah take the boat tour where they go through all the canals & tell you about the buildings/history

oh cool i just came from those two places last month. i can't tell you too much about Amsterdam because i only stayed there for 2 days and all i did wasdrink and
pimp.gif
with my girl haha. i stayed at a hotel near Dam Square where they had mostof the souvenir shops there and loads of "coffeeshops" and bars were nearby. like nbirn said be sure to check out Barney's and another reallychill place to smoke is a spot called the "grasshopper". they have a pretty good selection but the atmosphere was great it was like smoking inside arestaurant haha.

in London, for your shopping needs check out Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Circus, Leicester Square and for the biggest mall in London go to Westfield which islocated near Shepherd's Bush.

Embankment (place that has the river cruise and London Eye) and nearby here has the parliament building which is where the Big Ben clock is at. you probablywon't have any problems finding a good pub and be sure to go see a show or two.

Originally Posted by AJMasta

2 things you must do. Go to a coffee shop and go to the Red Light District.
Well yes same thing i can thing of or well best things peace..i agree with this guy.
roll.gif

going to a coffee shop and RLD is a given. I was just curious on specific spots. Thanks for the info posted. I'll definitely check out barney's andgrasshopper

Originally Posted by AirWeezy03

how much was your plane ticket
$938 through British Airways. Flight from JFK to UK, UK to Amsterdam, and Amsterdam back to JFK.
thats not bad i want to go to amsterdam for a senior trip

I'm guessing you are 18 and will want to go to some clubs? You should check out Fabric, Movida, Vendome, Ministry of Sound..

It's pretty expensive over here, so make sure you bring quite a bit. Oh and maybe go see a football match?

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

I'm guessing you are 18 and will want to go to some clubs? You should check out Fabric, Movida, Vendome, Ministry of Sound..

It's pretty expensive over here, so make sure you bring quite a bit. Oh and maybe go see a football match?

Thanks for the info, I just PM'ed you before I saw your reply here.

AirWeezy03 - Book the flight in advance for cheap and then use hotwire or pricelineto bid for a hotel. Im paying $65/night for a 4* hotel that are in pretty good locations in both cities

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Thanks for the info, I just PM'ed you before I saw your reply here.

AirWeezy03 - Book the flight in advance for cheap and then use hotwire or priceline to bid for a hotel. Im paying $65/night for a 4* hotel that are in pretty good locations in both cities
how many people are going

Back
Top Bottom