European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Maaaaaaan.. Cmon Italy..
That equalizer was way too quick. Spain might go on to take it 
30t6p3b.gif

Can someone just explain to me what Torres was trying to do in the box?
When he had an opportunity to just shoot?

Torres with so many chances.
laugh.gif

He plays that to the right, it's an easy goal.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

He was trying to take it to the right past the keeper like he usually does in those situations. And since it was predictable Buffon just read exactly what he was doing. 

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

He was trying to take it to the right past the keeper like he usually does in those situations. And since it was predictable Buffon just read exactly what he was doing. 
30t6p3b.gif
 I gave a terrible description...especially from how many opportunities he had. 
I meant where it was 2 on 1 in the box, support was arriving...and Torres decides to just pass it to an Italian defender 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Nah it was the right call the Irish player played him onside when he tried to clear it.
Yeah, I had it on mute on espn3 because I was watching the Formula 1 race. They just kept putting the little line on the screen and not really showing a good replay.

Its it just me or does anyone else think Mario was trying to force the penalty? I'm might be reaching but the guy does flop a bit.

Choosing Italy for Euro Cup 2012 as you can tell b/c of my avy, call me crazy, we'll see how it goes.

Karim Benezma Top goalscorer, except some from him tommorow.

Im just happy I can wake up tomorrow and watch two good teams play..
I aint got a damn thing on my schedule but watchin soccer..

I love it 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Im just happy I can wake up tomorrow and watch two good teams play..
I aint got a damn thing on my schedule but watchin soccer..

I love it 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Feels good man

ITA-SPA was a fascinating watch tactically, but left me frustrated as a Spain supporter. Del Bosque wanted to field his best players so he went with the team he did, but if he wants to fit all his top attacking mids into the starting XI he can't be playing both Busquets and Alonso in a double pivot - not enough movement off the ball to exploit space which is a crucial aspect of the Barcelona system Spain utilize. Alonso is world class though, so if VDB understandably continues with him he has to start a forward or two for balance.

Spain instantly looked more dangerous with Torres stretching the defense, but he's shambolic in front of goal right now. Seems to be over-thinking things - taking extra touches, predictable movement, etc. The Lion King should start up top.

Hope England gets battered today.

Back
Top Bottom