European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Riots in Warszaw.Hooligans and rightwinged Skins beat up russian soccer fans.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by engoi

tired.gif
Whether you understand it or not there is a huge amount of hatred towards the Russians.  And having a march like that in our capital city was only asking for trouble.  I'm totally not defending or condoning those actions, but it's just the fact.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

tired.gif
Whether you understand it or not there is a huge amount of hatred towards the Russians.  And having a march like that in our capital city was only asking for trouble.  I'm totally not defending or condoning those actions, but it's just the fact.
Yep. Everyone went out looking for trouble today. At least no one died.

Not even gonna try to type that guys name, but what a shot
pimp.gif
Come on Poland, get one more.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

tired.gif
I can understand that but I guess some of the polish people wanted for fights.
Poland vs Russia.....and the ref is german.
grin.gif

Great goal by Kuba.

Man if we only had a sub to spark some energy for the team like most others teams do.

Poland needed this win. On another note why in the world is my niketalk on my phone all white instead of the black background?

Russia will still advance so suck it poland. Greece will be an easy win. Dzagoev is now going to get signed by a big club for sure.

Originally Posted by wayne looney

^im sure Ballack has a great football mind and it'd be different if he was on German television...but he doesnt speak English all that well, its tough to listen to sometimes..and Bob Ley is great host for Espn, but not so much when it comes to soccer, drives me crazy how often he mispronounces names...i dont mind Rebecca Lowe but they should just have Max Bretos in the studio hosting...normally i just tune out during halftime unless they cut to Roberto Martinez, that man is gold

Ballack speaks perfect English for a non-native English speaker. I don't get how people are having trouble understanding him, all he has is an accent.

nerd.gif

Wesley Sneijder has hit out at the "pathetic egos" inside the Holland squad as they prepare to face Germany on Wednesday night. The Dutch lost their opening game against Denmark and desperately need a result against one of the pre-tournament favourites if they are not to face an early exit.
But, as has happened so often in the past with the Dutch team, their preparations for an important game has been disrupted by disharmony in the squad and Sneijder has now voiced his displeasure with the situation. "It is time we let go of these pathetic egos," he said. "If somebody is creating a mess [within the squad], I will stand up against them.
"We don't need a psychologist with the Dutch team, we are grown-up men. The ones who have a problem with other players or the manager should tell them face to face. That is the only psychology we need. We have to stop living on little islands. We must all go for the same goal, be united or face the consequences."
His call for unity, however, seems to have little chance of succeeding with Rafael van der Vaart voicing his disappointment at being left out of Bert van Marwijk's starting XI for the game against Denmark. "I am very disappointed," Tottenham's attacking midfielder was quoted as saying in Voetbal International. "The coach has his preferences, I am not part of them and I don't think that is going to change.
"We have seen in the past few years that the coach does not make changes to the starting lineup easily. It is great to have a nucleus of first-choice players, a lot less so for those who have to sit on the bench. Besides I believe I am in tremendous form. I will continue to give 100% but at the same time I have the right to express my disappointment."
Sniejder, meanwhile, added that he did not think that the squad had been divided into small cliques. "It is not obligatory that we should all be friends in order to play together and win games," he said. "And I don't have the impression that there are clans, or small cliques that are opposing each other. If that was the case I would react, because I am here to become champion of Europe."

Dutch supporter here 
tired.gif

Always the same w/them: great individual talent, but can't get it together for Oranje. Lone exception was the '10 WC.

Kinda like the 90's Blazers.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom